Goodbye Jesus

Prophecy Club

traveller2

Anyone here a follower of Prophecy Club when they were Christians.OMG I heavily indoctrinated myself into this in my last five years as a christian.

I haven't heard of the prophecy club... but I used to spend a lot of time at an online prophecy forum called www.godspeak.net. I was addicted to the notion of hearing God's voice and would hope that he would speak something through people there.

that name rings a bell.yes i was too,it really dominated reality for me and thus affected my life badly.i see your from the UK too.Did you ever get involved with the likes of Ellel?

My mom is a published author on eschatology. I've been in the "end-times" since childhood.  Ugh.

Oh yeah, and years ago, I frequented Rapture Ready but got the boot because I wasn't a Bush supporter (they're all the same to me).

That sucks Lifecycle!!What does your mom think about your lifestyle? Does she always try to save your soul?

"Hello, check, check! This is god can you hear me!"

Sorry what was that you have to speak into the microphone.

That sucks Lifecycle!!What does your mom think about your lifestyle? Does she always try to save your soul?

She does not know that I'm no longer a believer.  I keep weighing and balancing telling her the truth but I just don't know.

Wow-- that is a tough one Lifecycle. I still suffer from major anxiety issues because of these "prophecy people". At least I don't have any family members who are in to that kind of thing. I don't think I could cope with it very well. You must be a strong person!! I am not sure if you should tell her though, She might really get intense with you to try to win you back to The Lord--- sometimes, ignorance is bliss!

Wow-- that is a tough one Lifecycle. I still suffer from major anxiety issues because of these "prophecy people". At least I don't have any family members who are in to that kind of thing. I don't think I could cope with it very well. You must be a strong person!! I am not sure if you should tell her though, She might really get intense with you to try to win you back to The Lord--- sometimes, ignorance is bliss!

Yeah, well, I'm a loaner by nature.  It's no biggie for me, really.  I just don't see anything positive from confessing to her.  Just more unnecessary drama.

that name rings a bell.yes i was too,it really dominated reality for me and thus affected my life badly.i see your from the UK too.Did you ever get involved with the likes of Ellel?

Sorry to hear that you got drawn into so much of it too.  Yes, I did visit Ellel - I went to a healing and deliverance weekend.  At that there were also prophetic words given at around a worship time from people who had been praying for those on the course.  I felt quite 'moved' by one of the words given at the time - what was that about?  Actually, I'm convinced that prophetic words enact a power dynamic whereby you go into child mode with the other person becoming the parent-God who's speaking into your life.  The power dynamic really opens you up to being suggestible and the effect of the words spoken can really affect your emotions. 

• 2 weeks later...

My mom is a published author on eschatology. I've been in the "end-times" since childhood.  Ugh.

Oh yeah, and years ago, I frequented Rapture Ready but got the boot because I wasn't a Bush supporter (they're all the same to me).

I remeber a convo over lunch where a husband at wife missionary team from the states who were staying at ellel (charismatic gifting place rachel15 mentioned) and they were asking everyone what they thought of the Bush's.they were pro bush and banging on about how he prays etc and I pointed out he only said lord,not lord jesus so it was ambiguos and that he was a member of a secret society etc and the wife exploded at me that she didn't have time to reseach that kind of thing as she was a mother of three.That evening during some blessing thing where you all chant somthing in unison and smile at each other(more an american thing:I always fooking hated it) her hubby and her totally ignored me,contrary to cultic custom) i was anti bush but even worse i was into the conspiracy shit about skull and bones etc.

Sorry to hear that you got drawn into so much of it too.  Yes, I did visit Ellel - I went to a healing and deliverance weekend.  At that there were also prophetic words given at around a worship time from people who had been praying for those on the course.  I felt quite 'moved' by one of the words given at the time - what was that about?  Actually, I'm convinced that prophetic words enact a power dynamic whereby you go into child mode with the other person becoming the parent-God who's speaking into your life.  The power dynamic really opens you up to being suggestible and the effect of the words spoken can really affect your emotions. 

oh absolutly!they were quite overt about your inner child etc.I was a big time ellel attendee.Cny believe i wasted so much money on that shite.Funny thing is id loved to go back down there for a visit now as a deconvert but dny have 160 or whatever it was for a weekend course there.The leadership there were a bunch of passive aggressive wankers.

This sounds like the worst club ever!

I second third and fourth this.

Prophecy what a fucking joke.

I find prophecy about as funny as I find "cold" readings and ghost whispers...I have met some in person it was the greatest. They do not like having you do the same trick they are trying to pull on you on them instead. Almost got into a fight with one. They take themselves so seriously and think that somehow that will convince the worst type of skeptic like myself to believe them rather than call them a joke.