Goodbye Jesus

Gnostic Christians

Guest Tiffany

Guest Ratioann

Well,

1) You don't really know where the message is coming from.

2) It takes attention away from God. With any sort of witchcraft or fortune-telling people find answers their own way.

The Christian pastor you saw that had "visions" is a bit suspect too...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RedPillAddict

• Caretaker

• SmallStone

• Panther

Guest Tiffany
ALL my old belief systems are crashing down around me, LOL. This is kinda hard all at once...it's just more than I bargained for, but I AM searching for TRUTH so that's ok too.

I know what you mean, I am having a very hard time as well but like you say the truth is was it is.

God I hope the hovers arn't the one's ... :ugh:

For the low-low price of $750.00, I'll talk to you all day long and tell you anything that you want!

Can you talk drity to me :wicked: j/k

Spending $800.00 to have personal proof one way or the other is worth it if I can close the book on Sylvia Browne.

Sylvia Brown and her group are most certainly not christians. They just want to make people feel good enough about themselves to open their wallet. Total crap.

Although I agree ... I think worse of Christians, at least Sylvia and her group are not mean spirited bigots.

:poke:

Hey, Welcome to Ex-C, btw. :grin:

Guest Ratioann

Well, they certainly wouldn't be for $800 bucks a pop. They have room in their theology to agree with everyone, so there are no toes to step on. I don't know your experience, but I have met very few Christians that were either mean or bigoted.

Thank you for the welcome by the way :D

Guest Tiffany
Well, they certainly wouldn't be for $800 bucks a pop. They have room in their theology to agree with everyone, so there are no toes to step on. I don't know your experience, but I have met very few Christians that were either mean or bigoted.

Thank you for the welcome by the way  :D

Well, they certainly wouldn't be for $800 bucks a pop.

You do got me there.

I don't know your experience, but I have met very few Christians that were either mean or bigoted.

To you, your a Christian of course their going to be nice and tolerant of your life choices ...

Try being gay, I'm sure the number will rise a bit.

Guest Ratioann

Well, that would have an effect. Most certainly.

Some Christians haven't learned the value of kindness and tact.

I would love to say that they mean well, but your right some groups of "Christians" are bigots.

Welcome aboard, fellow Eastern Washingtonian...

Well,

1) You don't really know where the message is coming from.

2) It takes attention away from God. With any sort of witchcraft or fortune-telling people find answers their own way.

The Christian pastor you saw that had "visions" is a bit suspect too...

Did God come down and tell you that he wasn't talking to these people? Or are you just assuming?

Merlin

I don't know your experience, but I have met very few Christians that were either mean or bigoted.

Spend about a month here and you'll see plenty. Hell, go to Kansas and watch that freak Phelps. And by the way: no squirming out by saying "they aren't True Christians." Fallacy of No True Scotsman doesn't work here.

In my experience, the vast majority of xians I have met ARE mean and bigoted. I was raised in a Southern Baptists Church (The Real Xians). You don't see the real side of xians until you aren't one anymore.

Guest Ratioann
Did God come down and tell you that he wasn't talking to these people? Or are you just assuming?

Merlin

Well, I don't know what the pastor said, so for him I am assuming. It SEEMs to me unlikely that he saw anything, but I don't him or what he said. Not my business either.

Spend about a month here and you'll see plenty.  Hell, go to Kansas and watch that freak Phelps.  And by the way: no squirming out by saying "they aren't True Christians."  Fallacy of No True Scotsman doesn't work here.

Not sure if I'll last a whole month, but I'm sure it will be very educational.

Never heard of that Scottmans deal, but I'll will try to refrain from using my favorite "out." It will be hard though, because so often that is the case. What Sylvia's group believes about Jesus and the bible is just kinda..dumb..., but I said I would try to stop. Okay, I'm done.

In my experience, the vast majority of xians I have met ARE mean and bigoted. I was raised in a Southern Baptists Church (The Real Xians). You don't see the real side of xians until you aren't one anymore.

Dare I say it..I am a Baptist, not southern though. Okay, they're mean, how were they mean to you?

If you search for posts by Troy and Lvdyou (they are the same person), you will see a great example of hate.

Guest Ratioann

I've already looked at those, would've posted but I guess he is gone now (?)

I think it's hard for some people, to do what they should do, they way it should be done. It is so easy to go off to the side, and you''ll never relize it has happened because it seems right.

The admins put him on a rare 2-week vacation from this site.

You got that right!!! Agreed!!!! :grin:

Thank You for the welcome

Yeah, I think psychics are evil.

I find the "real" ones a bit creepy..they ain't talkin' too God...

The fake-O ones are just lame

Evil? Yeah, but then again, ANYONE who isn't a christian, according to a chirstians are EVIL.... :fdevil:

So to me, that statement holds no merit...

I never was comfortable with that belief even when I was a christian honestly. I have met a lot of psychics that have been truly nice people.....

And if you propose they are talking to Satan, well, I don't believe in that entity either.

There is no hell....as I am sure you will come to find out eventually....

Anyhoo, welcome to our forum!!! :grin:

When good and evil redefined and taken out of the context of favorability, then these two words have effectively been removed from context of morality. They become essoteric in their definition and amoral in their execution.

What do the words "good" and "evil" mean if they are not in reference to the favorable results of our actions? If good is good because God says it's good, then what does that mean? It doesn't mean anything.

Christian morality is actually amoral, because they've reduced behavior to a set of rules where the actions are given moral definition without regard for the results of those actions. They bring human morality down to the level of behaving like a robot, where you have to be told in advance what a good action is. And even worse, when they step outside this moral code to do something that actually displays a touch of humanity, they call this sin, and they think they need to be forgiven for it.

Thank You for the welcome

Yeah, I think psychics are evil.

I find the "real" ones a bit creepy..they ain't talkin' too God...

The fake-O ones are just lame

I used to think the same as you, until I actually went to see a psychic. I figured that a person that nice could never be evil.

I spent ten years in the state of Georgia, narrowing making my escape last year. I came to think of Georgia as a Fundy Baptist State. I've never seen such self-righteous, hateful, bigoted, racist and hypocritical Christians in my entire life.

As far as I could see, they were the worst examples of "regenerated men" I had ever seen. And if you were gay? :brutal_01:

I have to admit I'm still thinking about paying the $800.00 (more or less) to get a private reading done just to find out if she's the real thing of not.

Actually...I believe it is $800.00 per question. :eek:

Guest Ratioann
Evil? Yeah, but then again, ANYONE who isn't a christian, according to a chirstians are EVIL.... :fdevil:

So to me, that statement holds no merit...

I never was comfortable with that belief even when I was a christian honestly. I have met a lot of psychics that have been truly nice people.....

And if you propose they are talking to Satan, well, I don't believe in that entity either.

There is no hell....as I am sure you will come to find out eventually....

Anyhoo, welcome to our forum!!! :grin:

Thank you for the welcome.

I believe in total depravity, so yeah I think everyone is evil.

It has nothing to do with being "nice." If someone is kind to their fellow man thats great, but it's our relationship with God that matters.

A lot of people are nice, I know really nice witches and christians that need their heads thumped. However, no one goes to heaven with out believing in Jesus. We all have equal opportunity to get to heaven, through faith in Jesus. yeah, yeah, I 'm narrow-mind okie -dokie

I do think they are talking to demons, not Satan specifically. I don't believe in ghosts, so there really isn't a lot of persons it could be.

Yes, we will all know which of us right eventually..Of course, it's is a little late to change your mind then..

I believe in total depravity, so yeah I think everyone is evil.

baby.jpg

Nice picture. Chance are they are both going to hell though since more won't make it in than will according to Xtian doctorine. God's love = burn in hell if you don't belive in me.

Nice picture.

Thanks. And thanks to google. I think Rationann's comment and this picture make a wonderful pair. It reminds me of 'The Jerk'.

Navin: Shit, Shinola.