Goodbye Jesus

Prophets.

Hunter93

Recently, I've been thinking about the kid who converted me back in 2010. I don't know why but I did. But, he claimed that God chose him to become one of his prophets. I don't know why but that's been bothering me. Have you ever heard a story like this?

I don't think that's all that unusual for "over the top" Xtians, is it? Their world view is imagined , after all.

Usually i hear it referred to as discipling 

Recently, I've been thinking about the kid who converted me back in 2010. I don't know why but I did. But, he claimed that God chose him to become one of his prophets. I don't know why but that's been bothering me. Have you ever heard a story like this?

There was some guy that visited our church claiming to have the gift of fortune telling prophecy and gave me some generic bs word from god that could have applied to anyone and everyone. I was not really impressed.

Another time there was a visiting missionary who was talking about fortune tellers and he said something like, "Unless you know the winning lotto numbers, what good are ya?"

Putting both of these stories together in my head gave me a chuckle.

"In the end days there will be prophets and shit.  Mostly shit." - Ezekiel 93:3

mwc

Yes, I've known lots of people who felt 'called' to preach, teach, prophesy. Some even proclaiming they didn't want the calling, but god forced them. It shows how very special they are. And it's quite respectable in the signs and wonders groups. Church often gives people with low self esteem a safe place to feel important.