Goodbye Jesus

God In Perspective

chrisstavrous

How many people do you think can stand by and watch there own children being burt for more than a split second, only a few, but then how many more could stand by and watch the parent who watched there child burn for a few hours more, many but not all. But then who could do that for eternity, only god.

• Like 2

Yeah.

There can be only one.

So true. While I suffered needlessly in my illness due to undiagnosed celiac--culminating in a near decade of pathophysiological hell--God did nothing. Not even a heads up about what was ailing me. I was spiritually gutted like a fish and my life almost destroyed. Have I mentioned that God did nothing, even though he knew what was wrong with me?

And yet, why do I rescue ants from my dog's water?

This is one reason why I can't believe in God. He is apparently this compassionate father figure, and yet he sits back and files his nails while we live (and die) in torment.

• Like 2

Good is so good. He is 'love'. That is what 'love' is. When will we ever learn that we need to be punished........woohoo.gif

we deserved to be punished by the etenal fires which will consume our bodies for eternity......firedevil.gif We're fuck ups - don't cha know??

again I say...god is so good.......

How in the hell did I believe this crap....Wendybanghead.gif

• Like 4

So true. While I suffered needlessly in my illness due to undiagnosed celiac--culminating in a near decade of pathophysiological hell--God did nothing. Not even a heads up about what was ailing me. I was spiritually gutted like a fish and my life almost destroyed. Have I mentioned that God did nothing, even though he knew what was wrong with me?

This is one reason why I can't believe in God. He is apparently this compassionate father figure, and yet he sits back and files his nails while we live (and die) in torment.

If there is a personal, interventionist god s/he is one sick bastard. Just ask the millions who pour out there lives for god, and genuinely try to have a close relationship with him only to find him remain silent and inactive when they need him most (or any other time really). I feel for you positivist. I bet you genuinely hoped in god throughout most of your 'trial' and prayed sincerely too, really believing in gods grace and goodness. Maybe this is part of why it burnt so much.

A similar thing happened to me. For over ten years I had periods of extreme fatigue and pain that made me unable to work in the really bad times, and ongoing mental health issues that I believed were 'healed' because the bible said so. Finally, after pushing myself in busy work/church schedule despite worsening symptoms, I had to resign from my job at the pinnacle of my career as I was unable to walk past my own letterbox due to exhaustion. Man, I had a career helping the disadvantaged, but god thought I would be more useful to his kingdom lying in bed all day...broke.  All those years I begged god for answers/healing, had dozens of prayer/deliverance sessions, world-wide prayer chains and god sat by in silence, allowed me to be abused by his followers as they tried to heal me and kept me away from modern medicine that has now been able to help me. 

The heartbreak, shock and shame I felt when I discovered the christian god did not exist was devastating. Christians keep saying to me in response to this information, 'How can you be angry when you don't believe god exists?'  This is the exact nature of the mindfuck; you actually believed the relationship, you believed you were loved and protected so the feeling of betrayal and abandonment is no different than if it were your spouse. To find out none of it was actually real, seriously messes with your mind. And the stupid churches use Fathers Day to praise the 'ultimate' father; god. I am so thankful that most human fathers don't emulate father god as if they did this world would be much more heartbreaking than it already is.

• Like 2

The reason god can't do anything is because his spaceship broke down on the way back to kolob after he picked up jesus and its taken him 2000 years to reach home. Now he has to repair his ship and then jesus will fly light speed and be back soon.

But who knows when that will be.

Yep. I think about it this way. The Christian concept of the "fall into sin" is like the following:

Put a couple of 3 year old children in a room (Adam and Eve in the garden) with lots of toys and fun stuff. Put a loaded gun (tree of knowledge of good and evil) in the room too. Tell the 3 year olds that if they fool around with the gun they will "die". Just like Adam and Eve couldn't even imagine sin or death (remember, it didn't exist yet), so the 3 year old doesn't even know what you're TALKING ABOUT!!

Now leave the room for a while.

When you finally hear that inevitable shot ring out, open the door and see a child dead in the room with the other child holding a smoking gun. Now go out and punish every single child that's ever born because this one child "screwed up".

Yeah. God LOVES you.

• Like 6

Wow.  You could be a Jain, or a patron saint of the Pastafarians.  <3

• Like 1

...I had a career helping the disadvantaged, but god thought I would be more useful to his kingdom lying in bed all day...broke.  All those years I begged god for answers/healing, had dozens of prayer/deliverance sessions, world-wide prayer chains and god sat by in silence, allowed me to be abused by his followers as they tried to heal me and kept me away from modern medicine that has now been able to help me. 

The heartbreak, shock and shame I felt when I discovered the christian god did not exist was devastating. ...This is the exact nature of the mindfuck; you actually believed the relationship, you believed you were loved and protected so the feeling of betrayal and abandonment is no different than if it were your spouse. ...And the stupid churches use Fathers Day to praise the 'ultimate' father; god. I am so thankful that most human fathers don't emulate father god as if they did this world would be much more heartbreaking than it already is.

Oh, wanderinstar! I completely hear you!! Yes, this is exactly it. In the height of my illness I couldn't even go to church due to triggers there that cause severe exacerbations. All I wanted to do was go to God's house to worship him. But I was unable due to my illness. I begged even for a 2-hour reprieve from my illness so I could attend to the worship of a holy God. No luck. Eventually, out in the wilderness of a pain-racked life, my faith disintegrated.

God is not like a father. If fathers were like God, social services would be way busier.

• Like 1

Some Xtians have an utter lack of empathy for those who suffer miserably, They will come up with the most bizarre reasons why god allows or causes unthinkable physical or mental to pain to millions in order justify their faith in god. Why? Because it makes them FEEL secure, safe, hopeful, superior, important or whatever. It allows THEM to sleep better. It allows them to believe the world is secure for them. The hell with the sufferers. Let them work out their own misery through. In other words, it's the very epitome  of selfishness. And they pretend it is because of their love of god, but no love is involved at all except self love.    bill

• Like 3

Yep. I think about it this way. The Christian concept of the "fall into sin" is like the following:

Put a couple of 3 year old children in a room (Adam and Eve in the garden) with lots of toys and fun stuff. Put a loaded gun (tree of knowledge of good and evil) in the room too. Tell the 3 year olds that if they fool around with the gun they will "die". Just like Adam and Eve couldn't even imagine sin or death (remember, it didn't exist yet), so the 3 year old doesn't even know what you're TALKING ABOUT!!

When you finally hear that inevitable shot ring out, open the door and see a child dead in the room with the other child holding a smoking gun. Now go out and punish every single child that's ever born because this one child "screwed up".

Yeah. God LOVES you.

Excellent!! Excellent!! Perfect point ECR!! Thank you!

Yeah. God LOVES you.

And don't just punish all children because that one child "screwed up". In order to forgive them, you've got to torture yourself by hiring a bunch of gangsters to beat the crap out of you and then demand that all children become your slaves for the rest of their lives, once you recover in a few days from the beating.

Then pour gasoline on any children who fail to become slaves and set them aflame, cause that's the way Gawd works. "Praise Jesus!"

• Like 1

Yeah. God LOVES you.

And don't just punish all children because that one child "screwed up". In order to forgive them, you've got to torture yourself by hiring a bunch of gangsters to beat the crap out of you and then demand that all children become your slaves for the rest of their lives, once you recover in a few days from the beating.

Then pour gasoline on any children who fail to become slaves and set them aflame, cause that's the way Gawd works. "Praise Jesus!"

This is why god is good, wink wink.
  • Like 1