Goodbye Jesus

I hate winter

Mike D

Just wanted to tell everyone I hate winter. I hate cold, and I hate getting up when it's dark, I hate the rain, etc. I must really be a puss too because where I live it's pretty mild in the winter compared to the rest of the US (I live in the soutwest). I think I am going to start spending the winters in Hawaii :HaHa:

Just the opposite here. I love winter, nighttime, rain, cold. Plus, it allows me the excuse to wear my awesome leather coat.

in which i'm sure you're quite sexeh.

I love winter. I wish wehad more of it here.

Do you guys live in a cold climate? I did live in Chicago for awhile and I always had the temp in my apartment around 78 so I could wear shorts and t-shirts in the winter when it was below 0 outside. My friends thought I was insane. What can I say I am a native of southern california....

No, I live in Texas. I don't turn on the heat. I get pissy if it is hotter than 68 in my house. Ever.

We would make terrible roomates BigToe, as one of us would always be pissy :HaHa:

Then it must be a good thing we aren't roommates :) You can wear more layers, I could only take so many off and it still be too hot. Therefore I'd win and you'd have to be the pissy one.

Then it must be a good thing we aren't roommates :) You can wear more layers, I could only take so many off and it still be too hot. Therefore I'd win and you'd have to be the pissy one.

My wife and I are always having that pissing contest. I love the cold, she likes it hot. She thinks it is too much of an imposition on her to put on a sweater or something, and I can only take so many clothes off. At least this year I can say that natural gas prices are too high to keep the temperature at 80 degrees.

My wife and I are always having that pissing contest. I love the cold, she likes it hot. She thinks it is too much of an imposition on her to put on a sweater or something, and I can only take so many clothes off. At least this year I can say that natural gas prices are too high to keep the temperature at 80 degrees.

Yes you guys are right it is easier to get warm than cool off. And i'll admit that when I get "too hot" (which isn't often) I feel physically ill. Being too cold just makes me bitchy :)

Winter fucks my shit up. SE Wisconsin is currently 8 motherhumping degrees outside. With moderate wind chill. I like fall, I can take fall (because then I can wear the leather without freezing my tits), but winter? Fuck. Three seasons would be just fine.

But in deference to the heating oil, the thermostat is at 61 degrees. We just use kerosene and oil heaters to keep our bedrooms warm.

I suppose it depends ont he day really. Today it was about 15 degrees for the high in Chicago, and I was outside in only a hoodie as a coat. Didn't bother me. After I get used to the climate change this crap don't bother me none. I think really what makes me sensitive to the cold is the pain in my knees. If I can't waalk up stairs, I am cold.

Heat, on the other hand, just drives me nutz if it is over 90 for more than 3 days straight. This past summer Chicago was over 90 degrees 2/3 of the season.

I live in MN. I have a love-hate relationship with winter. On one hand, my seasonal allergies go away during the winter. OTOH, I hate the bitter cold, having to drive on slippery streets after a snow fall, and scraping the stupid ice off my car windows.

I don't have a garage because I rent a condo & they cost extra, and I'd probably have to share one with someone else, so I'd worry about breaking off my side mirrors while backing out because it's happened to me before, and they don't hook up the garages here with remote control so I'd stilll have to get out and open or close it. Having to choose one annoyance or the other, I chose the ice.

I live on the fringe of Minneapolis. It is currently -10 with a windchill factor of -24. And it isn't even winter yet.

...And you are whining because it's warm enough to rain?????

I live on the fringe of Minneapolis. It is currently -10 with a windchill factor of -24. And it isn't even winter yet.

Almond to that! I'm in Montana, so I get a mite bit annoyed at people from down South who whine about their "cold" winter, where the temperature "drops" to 70 degrees. (Big babies! :HaHa: ) That's a friggin' heat wave to us! (The HIGH today will be 29 degrees. That is UP 35 degrees from the past week! Hello? And Winter hasn't even begun yet!)

I've got two vehicles, but only a one-car garage, so someone (ME) must sacrifice their car to the Frost Giants of Niffleheim. (Or is that Jotunheim? I forget. Where is Thurisaz when I need him?) That blows chunks. I'd move if I could afford it, but that's out of the question for now. But as soon as I can manage things, I'm heading south so I, too, can complain about "cold" 70-degree weather! :woohoo:

Heh. If I ever win the Powerball, I'm buying a house in AZ for the winter.

Hey I warned everyone I was a puss :HaHa:

I hate being cold, but I think NE Ohio's lake effect snow is just great. What I hate even more than being cold is the people around me who complain about the cold yet rarely have to go out in it, other than to get in their cars. I think I have a valid complaint because I ride horses and go to horse shows all winter long. It seems that over the years I have been able to tolerate low temperatures more and more, but that doesn't mean I don't want it to be 85 year round. With palm trees.

I'm in Southern California.

What is winter, anway? :grin:

It should be a beautiful Christmas, from the beaches all the way to Palm Springs. Bright sunny skies, temps in the low 80's. Santa's going to need to get his ass out by the pool to deliver the gifts this year :)

Guest Challenger

I'm in Southern California.

What is winter, anway? :grin:

It should be a beautiful Christmas, from the beaches all the way to Palm Springs. Bright sunny skies, temps in the low 80's. Santa's going to need to get his ass out by the pool to deliver the gifts this year :)

Yeah, and there'll be all the smoke rising. . .from the turkeys roasting out on the barbeques.

You wanna bitch about winter?

You want something to bitch about?

Here ya go......

I live in Alaska.

Not only do we get the freezing cold, it's a DRY freezing cold (ever been outside and felt your nose-hair crackle?). Your skin, hair, lips....it all dries out and itches like a bitch if you don't use a moisturizer. Body Butters from the Body Shop deserve their own religion lemme tell ya.

Want something else to be bitchy about? How about darkness? Lemme see.....the sun kinda rose (it's still dim and it's noon) around 10 this morning.....and it will be setting about 3 PMish. When I leave the office at 5 it will be fully dark again, just like 7:30 when I arrived at work this morning. The only pale daylight I see is out the window.

After the 21st we will start gaining daylight again......and then by summer it will be daylight around the clock.

A side issue with the darkness.....oddly perhaps.....it's damn hard to see the moose! Walking to your car (on slick ice) becomes an issue when you can't see. You have to have enough light to be able to see if there are moose around your car....before you are halfway across the slick driveway. People have died being trampled by moose. They didn't have the traction to get somewhere safe, and wound up under the moose's feet instead.

Motion sensing floodlights are your friend. I want better ones on my house. I'd like to be able to see not only all around my car, but across the yard as well.

Moose- a big brown furry tank with serious ninja skills......and marketable poop.

Winter here sucks.

But I like summer. And my paycheck. So I'll stay for now.

You wanna bitch about winter?

You want something to bitch about?

Here ya go......

I live in Alaska.

Not only do we get the freezing cold, it's a DRY freezing cold (ever been outside and felt your nose-hair crackle?). Your skin, hair, lips....it all dries out and itches like a bitch if you don't use a moisturizer. Body Butters from the Body Shop deserve their own religion lemme tell ya.

Want something else to be bitchy about? How about darkness? Lemme see.....the sun kinda rose (it's still dim and it's noon) around 10 this morning.....and it will be setting about 3 PMish. When I leave the office at 5 it will be fully dark again, just like 7:30 when I arrived at work this morning. The only pale daylight I see is out the window.

After the 21st we will start gaining daylight again......and then by summer it will be daylight around the clock.

A side issue with the darkness.....oddly perhaps.....it's damn hard to see the moose! Walking to your car (on slick ice) becomes an issue when you can't see. You have to have enough light to be able to see if there are moose around your car....before you are halfway across the slick driveway. People have died being trampled by moose. They didn't have the traction to get somewhere safe, and wound up under the moose's feet instead.

Motion sensing floodlights are your friend. I want better ones on my house. I'd like to be able to see not only all around my car, but across the yard as well.

Moose- a big brown furry tank with serious ninja skills......and marketable poop.

Winter here sucks.

But I like summer. And my paycheck. So I'll stay for now.

Hey Raven! What part are you in? You must be below the Arctic circle if you can at least see some of the sun. I was stationed at Ft. Richardson for a couple of years. The first Winter was a real bitch, but by the second I had learned how to make the most of it. The moose were something else, I remember them eating the xmas wreaths off our front door. We were running in formation once during mating season, and a big bull started chasing after us.... ever try to run from a moose on a solid sheet of ice? Fortunately, he was just bluffing and didn't chase us too far.

White Raven,

They have alarm clocks that simulate the sunrise. Do a web search for Bio Brite (that's how they spell it, I think). They aren't cheap, but they do work. I got one because I have trouble getting up for work in the mornings in the winter time.

I seriously don't know how you do it, Raven. I am simply useless around this time of year because the daylight is from 7a to 3p. All darkness would throw my circadian rhythm off so bad I would not be able to get up. Sunlight all day would probably set me off too. I am really sensitive to all that.

Although you do get to see the northern lights....I only ever saw those on hallucinogenic drugs....

I'm in Anchorage. Been here my whole life, so there are a lot of things I'm used to, and a lot of things I'm not.

Visiting family in the lower 48 during summer and watching the sun go down and getting me tired......in SUMMER makes me feel completely robbed. Visiting in the winter and watching my younger cousins get "snow days" for a few little inches of snow.....remembering the only times I used to get snow days required two to three feet in a single blizzard for school to get cancelled (our school busses are equipped with auto-chains that wrap around the tire at the push of a button).

My bedroom windows sport tinfoil to keep the light out when I'm asleepin' but if it's a weekend...... :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: All that light is pretty darn handy! I'm used to seeing people riding bikes and skating on rollerblades at 11:00PM.

Winter darkness. It's only a burden when you find yourself trying to recover from jet lag and the time difference is big. It took me days to get adjusted after I came home from Europe.

As for getting up in the morning....ugh. You just drag your ass out of bed and head for the caffine I.V. of your choice. You do stay a little lethargic throughout the day though. But since everyone around you is going through the same thing, no one singles you out about being a bit sluggy. A regular exercise routine helps big time.

Hee hee,

I've watched a good share of folks make an undignified retreat in the face of moosies! They move a lot faster than you expect! My driveway is beside a lot full of trees and brush, so it's a bit eerie to be standing beside my car, and hear chewing or rustling beside me, and not see a damn thing! In fact, you often see what they are up to (eating foilage makes surrounding leaves and branches move), before you can see them! Pretty cool considering how big they are.

The Northern Lights. Ahhhhh. One of the pleasures of being here. Small price to pay for it though. You have to have a clear sky to see them. And if the sky is clear, then the night is damn cold. And naturally when you notice them, you are usually in the car on the way home, or off to do something.....and you aren't properly dressed for the cold. And a lot of folks (me included) are so into the Lights, we don't take much time getting into our warm stuff, we throw on boots and stand shivering like dumbasses in the front yard cause we don't want to chance missing them!