Goodbye Jesus

Christian Domestic Discipline

Sybaris

On a pain scale of one to 10, Chelsea ranks the epidural-free birth of her child as a six. Her husband's spankings? Those are an eight.

First, he uses his hands for "warm-up" slaps. Then comes a combination of tools based on the specific infraction. The wooden spoon is the least severe; for the worst rule-breaking-like texting while driving ("It could kill me," Chelsea admits) or moving money between accounts without his permission-she'll be hit with something else: a hairbrush, a paddle, or a leather strap.

But this isn't domestic abuse, Chelsea says. This is for Jesus.

Chelsea and her husband Clint, who asked that I use only their first names, belong to a small subculture of religious couples who practice "Christian Domestic Discipline," a lifestyle that calls for a wife to be completely submissive to her husband. Referred to as CDD by its followers, the practice often includes spanking and other types corporal punishments administered by husbands-and ostensibly ordained by God. While the private nature of the discipline makes it difficult to estimate the number of adherents, activity in several online forums suggests a figure in the low thousands. Devotees call CDD an alternative lifestyle and enthusiastically sing its praises; for critics, it's nothing but domestic abuse by another name

----------------

Holy crap!

I just came across this article on a news source.

Any X'ers into this?

Insane! His spankings hurt worse than having a baby?

It has always been amazing to me how people put up with abuse because they are convinced it is for their good. We put up with it in Christianity, and agreed that unbelievers should be burned alive forever by our loving lord. This is just another form of the abused wife syndrome, justifying it by saying a deity is being pleased, and it's ok because he's in charge.

What would humanity look like without all of the constant mindfucks? If I can do anything great with my life, I'd like to help undo some of these.

They call it an alternative lifestyle? That would be funny if it weren't sick.

Geez I hope they don't lump this in with BDSM Christians find away to pervert everything

On a pain scale of one to 10, Chelsea ranks the epidural-free birth of her child as a six. Her husband's spankings? Those are an eight.

First, he uses his hands for "warm-up" slaps. Then comes a combination of tools based on the specific infraction. The wooden spoon is the least severe; for the worst rule-breaking-like texting while driving ("It could kill me," Chelsea admits) or moving money between accounts without his permission-she'll be hit with something else: a hairbrush, a paddle, or a leather strap.

Chelsea and her husband Clint, who asked that I use only their first names, belong to a small subculture of religious couples who practice "Christian Domestic Discipline," a lifestyle that calls for a wife to be completely submissive to her husband. Referred to as CDD by its followers, the practice often includes spanking and other types corporal punishments administered by husbands-and ostensibly ordained by God. While the private nature of the discipline makes it difficult to estimate the number of adherents, activity in several online forums suggests a figure in the low thousands. Devotees call CDD an alternative lifestyle and enthusiastically sing its praises; for critics, it's nothing but domestic abuse by another name

----------------

Holy crap!

Any X'ers into this?

I knew there was deeper meaning to this song:

• Like 1

Maybe someday Chelsea will get hit upside the head with some common sense and slap Clint with some divorce papers. lol.

I duznt wants to spank ya honey. I'm jes doin it fer Jeeesuz!

----------------

Holy crap!

Any X'ers into this?

I knew there was deeper meaning to this song:

Yes, I really did LOL at that!!!!

Just searched "Christian Domestic Discipline".  Eeeeeeeewwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah... and of course they insist it's not pr0n because they're the ones writing about it... hypocrites. IMO, probably worse than BDSM : Safe, Sane, and Consentual, people.

It isn’t abuse if consenting adults willingly participate. Seems to me this is just a pretty common BDSM sexual fetish….with a religious twist. spanka.gif jesus.gif  

Honestly, that doesn’t even shock me. Christians are no different from anyone else they just feel guilty about doing what they do. As long as everyone involved is a consenting adult…….whatever floats your boat.

It isn’t abuse if consenting adults willingly participate. Seems to me this is just a pretty common BDSM sexual fetish….with a religious twist. spanka.gif jesus.gif  

Honestly, that doesn’t even shock me. Christians are no different from anyone else they just feel guilty about doing what they do. As long as everyone involved is a consenting adult…….whatever floats your boat.

That's my take on it as well. 

If it's abuse, I'll help wholeheartedly. If it's not, then meh. Not my business. 

Ah, but doing BDSM in the name of Jebus removes the guilt.

True story. We live in an upscale zero lot line community. One of the original homes is considerably more upscale than the rest of the homes. At first glance it appears to be two separate homes surrounded by an eight foot high brick wall. The back of the home has a three car garage with a connected garage custom designed for a large motor home. I’d guess the value of the home is right at a million dollars which is considerably  more than the other homes in the neighborhood.

The house has been there with the same owners for about twelve years. One day the home is surrounded by TV news vans and crews That night the house is on all the local news channels. That’s how the neighborhood found out from the day it was built the house has been a BDSM house. The owners of the house were never on camera and refused to be interviewed. The TV crews staked the house out for a week or more after that trying to get the home owners on camera but they never did. The news indicated the owners are a married couple in their late 50"s

Apparently people from all over the world have been visiting the house and the news indicates that spanking and bondage is their main attraction. The owners got “caught” because someone saw their advertisements on the internet and recognized the house and called the police. (There is probably another story there. What were "they" searching for on the net? Why would they recognize the house, and then why would they call the police. Hum?) glare.gif

Anyway, this community has strict zoning laws and they were clearly operating a business in a residential only neighborhood. Aside from violating the zoning laws they weren’t doing anything illegal. They paid a $500 fine and had to move their “business operations” out of the house. The news didn’t say anything about them being a Christian BDSM house though. eek.gif woohoo.gif 

Seems to me these Christian dudes have it all wrong...isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

dannii-harwood-is-wearing-fetish-outfit.

• Like 1

To preface my statement by saying that I find nothing wrong with the BDSM/S&M culture as long as it is consensual and mutual.  This CDD subculture is abuse because it is directed at women to make them sub-servant to men, and never the other way around; these women are taught to believe that they are the most vile creatures ever created by their god, and as a result have to be treated as less than human, so they live in fear of their husbands and men.

Going off what people said, it does sound similar to BDSM in a messed up way, however, we have to consider the fact that many of these women may actually be emotionally abused and brainwashed by the teachings of the church. If all they are hearing their whole lives is be subservient to your husband, you deserve the pain that's inflicted upon you, ect ect I really doubt that every single time they are punished by their husbands it's in a healthy consensual way. Being submissive in a BDSM relationship actually gives the submissive the power. They call the shots of what they want done to them, and can use a safe-word to tell the other person to stop if need be. The question if, if these women told their husbands to stop, would they stop? Because its GAWD ALMIGHTY who says this okay, the husbands probably WOULDN'T stop their abuse, saying this is gods will.

• Like 2

yeah... and of course they insist it's not pr0n because they're the ones writing about it... hypocrites. IMO, probably worse than BDSM : Safe, Sane, and Consentual, people.

Probably worse? BDSM is based on a mutual agreement. No one is coerced by religion or anyone (if the rules are followed). The dominant stops when the submissive wants to stop. CCD is based on the idea that

women are naturally subordinate to men, and under household law, women have no choice.

• Like 1

Going off what people said, it does sound similar to BDSM in a messed up way, however, we have to consider the fact that many of these women may actually be emotionally abused and brainwashed by the teachings of the church. If all they are hearing their whole lives is be subservient to your husband, you deserve the pain that's inflicted upon you, ect ect I really doubt that every single time they are punished by their husbands it's in a healthy consensual way. Being submissive in a BDSM relationship actually gives the submissive the power. They call the shots of what they want done to them, and can use a safe-word to tell the other person to stop if need be. The question if, if these women told their husbands to stop, would they stop? Because its GAWD ALMIGHTY who says this okay, the husbands probably WOULDN'T stop their abuse, saying this is gods will.

Unlike in the Ariel Castro case, the police can't do anything about this because in the name of religion, victims refuse to step up and defend themselves. Sick.

Probably worse? BDSM is based on a mutual agreement. No one is coerced by religion or anyone (if the rules are followed). The dominant stops when the submissive wants to stop. CCD is based on the idea that

women are naturally subordinate to men, and under household law, women have no choice.

Exactly. If my wife says no it means no the sub has all the power. CDD the woman has no freedom to object and if she disagrees with her husband she gets beaten for it as she has to submit to his authority no matter what. Now I am not going to make a blanket statement as it is possible some of these women actually like it.  However this is no way close to BDSM and the obvious association people are going to make with it just sucks

• Like 1

Kink cloaked in religion.  Well, if they're both consenting adults they've every right to do this but it sure doesn't sound healthy.  Glancing at a blog I could tell this couple is enjoying this behavior, the wife as well as the husband, it is very sexual for them although they claim it's not.  If they weren't loving it, I'm sure they wouldn't take the time to type out every little detail of the spankings for all the world to see.  As a feminist it turns my stomach a bit and as a native I'd break the neck of any man that did such things to me.  All women are created different, to each his own.  WWJD?

WWJD?

He did make his own big whip to cleans the temple, according to the gospel of John wink.png

But seriously, this CDD is nothing but abuse as the wife is not an equal party and only agrees she deserves to be spanked because she is brainwashed. BDSM etc is nothing like this as it is a mutually pleasurable game that both are free to withdraw from at any point. All monotheistic religions teach, to varying degrees, that only men can lead in both public and private life and that women are not allowed to live free as they must always live 'under' the ruler-ship of a father, brother or husband. It is sickening.

My next-door neighbors are a young fundie couple. The husband is clearly very controlling and the wife suffers in silence as she is trying to sincerely follow her religion. Her family are in a different state, she has few options even if she did want out as all her friends here are fundies and she shys away from friendships with heathens like me. The 'stay with your husband and pray for him(to stop abusing you)' teachings are contantly reinfornced at church so women in this position usually fall further into religious delusion to find some peace, because in reality they are trapped between a rock and a hard place - I should know, I was there myself. The human-race will continue to be hamstrung while it oppresses at least half of it's population

(Eh, I was giving the Christian spanky types the benefit of the doubt. Probably over generously, as it's been pointed out. So, "probably worse" in the sense that I image there's no safeties in their culture... sad.png You're totally right.)

To preface my statement by saying that I find nothing wrong with the BDSM/S&M culture as long as it is consensual and mutual.  This CDD subculture is abuse because it is directed at women to make them sub-servant to men, and never the other way around; these women are taught to believe that they are the most vile creatures ever created by their god, and as a result have to be treated as less than human, so they live in fear of their husbands and men.

I agree, and If I come across this once I get my social work license, well, let's just say the outcome won't be pretty, and I'm sure I will lose my license once it's all over.