Goodbye Jesus

Am I Immoral Now That Im No Longer A Christian?

gseeker

So I just used to pedophilia argument on a christian tonight. I had him backed into a corner. Then he chose to say he condoned pedophilia rather than admit the bible was wrong. How sad is that?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

So I just used to pedophilia argument on a christian tonight. I had him backed into a corner. Then he chose to say he condoned pedophilia rather than admit the bible was wrong. How sad is that?

Wendytwitch.gif 

That is the danger of having a book to do your thinking.

Ive often had christians tell me that i am immoral now because God created morality, morality is objective, and since i dont follow or believe in their god im now an immoral being. So I wanted to look at morality again even though that is one of the things i studied before deconverting.

So is morality is objective or subjective?

Question, what is pedophilia and is pedophilia wrong? Either pedophilia doesnt exist or pedophilia isnt wrong if you believe the bible.

If it is wrong for a man to have sex with an 11 or 12 year old then why was it okay for the hebrew men in the old testament to marry and have sex with girls just entering puberty? If morality is objective and set by god then you cant say, oh that was just the culture or that was just a different time. Remember, objective morality doesnt change only subjective morality changes.

Did you know that 15 percent of girls enter puberty now at age 7? So is it now moraly correct to marry and have sex with girls that age since the standard for that is puberty?

Let me know your thoughts.

I really don't get why people have such trouble with the idea (one I feel doesn't even exist) of morality.

Name one reason that morality would be objective? Is my morality the one that is correct and if it is not yours are you wrong? Where does morality come from? Is it personal or universal?

If you have to questions pedophilia I would suggest you need to stop and consider what your thinking.

If you are asking is it right? One would have to consider the definition of that in their area/country/social setting. I personally feel that if you are having sex with someone who does not fully understand what they are doing yet you just commited a savage act and should pay for it in a savage way.

Now is my opinion the only one over this that one would call moral? Probably not and what makes my opinion a moral one? In this case I feel because it removes a condition that is never right. If you don't commit those acts you did not take advantage of someone weaker than you and therefore are acting FOR life and not against it. Those acts that are for life in my probably not very humble opinion can only be moral... lol I can't believe I said that considering I don't even believe that morality is real.

Ethics on the other hand. Now that is where it is at :)

I believe morality is real. This is my current study.

What are emotions and how are they applied to morality?

Im fairly new to being an atheist, so im having to re-examine what i think. I can no longer just look at a question and say "god done it". So the other day I was considering emotions. As a christian we are told that god gave us free will and emotions so we can love god. But what if that is a lie and god doesnt exist?

Ive come to the conclusion that the development of emotions is an evolutionary trait that is more complex depending on the complexity of the social group. In other words the more complex the society the more complex emotional traits within that society. Obviously this doesnt apply to hive minds.

So why are emotional responces more complex the more complex the society is? I believe that emotions define morality. The more complex the emotional stimuli is, the stronger and more complex morality is, the stronger and more complex society is.

Did you know that 15 percent of girls enter puberty now at age 7? So is it now moraly correct to marry and have sex with girls that age since the standard for that is puberty?

This horrifies me!

You think the only reason you cant have six with kids is because they may not have reached puberty!!!!

Well fuck you, there's something called CHOICE!!

Why such reaction? He's just another fundy sucking all of you back into that old game of theirs. The clue was his tag - a mono theist. Geesh, do I have to guard this site again or what?

I believe morality is real. This is my current study.

What are emotions and how are they applied to morality?

Im fairly new to being an atheist, so im having to re-examine what i think. I can no longer just look at a question and say "god done it". So the other day I was considering emotions. As a christian we are told that god gave us free will and emotions so we can love god. But what if that is a lie and god doesnt exist?

Ive come to the conclusion that the development of emotions is an evolutionary trait that is more complex depending on the complexity of the social group. In other words the more complex the society the more complex emotional traits within that society. Obviously this doesnt apply to hive minds.

So why are emotional responces more complex the more complex the society is? I believe that emotions define morality. The more complex the emotional stimuli is, the stronger and more complex morality is, the stronger and more complex society is.

You ought to run for political office - you make pretty sounding speeches. Regarding your burning question - as the late Hitchens put it when asked where do we get our morals from, his simple reply was 'us'. Occam's razor at its best...

i read "immortal" instead of "immoral" GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif would be great.

I agree with sdelsoray.

Also "Gods objective morality" as it is stated in the bible isn't moral by todays standard (slavery and rape were tolerated) and it didn't cover recent moral problems like abortion, cloning, euthanasia or organ transplantation/blood transfusion. Wendytwitch.gif

Actually, abortion is mentioned in the old testament in numbers chapter 5. Guess what, god is totally okay with it. Thats just something christians chose to ignore. Imagine that.

I wish more people knew of this.

Every skeptic should be armed with Num 5, where God declares by law that a fetus gets flushed if it's the baby of a man other than the woman's husband.

No 20 week condition, no fetal heartbeat condition, and no exceptions mentioned.

This passage should be jammed down the throat of every Christian that wants to preach about the moral evil of abortion and how God hates it.

This horrifies me!

You think the only reason you cant have six with kids is because they may not have reached puberty!!!!

Why such reaction? He's just another fundy sucking all of you back into that old game of theirs. The clue was his tag - a mono theist. Geesh, do I have to guard this site again or what?

Who is a fundy mono-theist? I hope you dont mean me? My deconversion went christian, undefined mono-theist and now current atheist.

This horrifies me!

Who is a fundy mono-theist? I hope you dont mean me? My deconversion went christian, undefined mono-theist and now current atheist.

You have 'undefined mono theist' on your description. What exactly is that?

It might be time to update the profile.  I had to update mine as by beliefs have changed.  If you had asked me just a few years ago if I could ever see myself being called to be the Antichrist . . . well I just could never have imagined it.

!!Why such reaction? He's just another fundy sucking all of you back into that old game of theirs. The clue was his tag - a mono theist. Geesh, do I have to guard this site again or what?

Thats my bad. When i left christianity it was because i felt the christian god was false but felt another god existed who i did not know, now i believe no god exists and if im wrong and one does it doesnt care about this world or the creatures in it.

This horrifies me!

raoul, 'undefined mono theist''s might be even more worser than 'agnostics'!  Please guard this site again!

This horrifies me!

raoul, 'undefined mono theist''s might be even more worser than 'agnostics'!  Please guard this site again!

Will do so immediately, and your humor impressith meith. (KJV)