Goodbye Jesus

God Dammit.

Blake

I began to use that phrase a lot more liberally as my deconversion continued -- much to the dismay of some casual believers around me. My brother became visibly angered and upset, stating solemnly that "I sure have been using 'GD' lately a lot. You really shouldn't do that. Jeez." Jeez? As in a euphemism for Jesus? Another means of "taking the Lord's name in vain? Apparently, 'motherfucker' and such are of much less concern, and certainly won't land you in the hot seat with the Big Man Upstairs. A friend of mine literally gasped, and said "take it back!" with eyes full of superstitious fear.

If I say the imfamous "GD" around certain folks, you may as well draw an inverted pentagram on my head, an inverted cross and a baphomet across my forehead and imagine me spewing pea soup to the far corners of the room, as my head jerks and spins about and I belch out a few choice blasphemies. Not that a pentagram, inverted cross or a baphomet have anything to do with Satan, but, the majority of folks around here just aren't believing that.

People are so casual about their sins of choice -- hell, who isn't a fornicator by Biblical standards, who doesn't utter curses or occasionally envy the neighbor -- I see no sackcloth and ashes repentance reaction in these things, but if you stub your toe, mutter "Goddammit" around the wrong folks... boyyy you are dangling above the cauldron now!

It just irks me. People hate everyone's sins except for their own.

• Like 1

Yup!  I'm the same.  The words, "drat," "dangit" and "sweet fancy moses" are all dead to me.  I go all out now.  Go big or go home they say. 

But yeah, everyone else's sin is worse than their own.  But as someone pointed out on here before... Unbelievers don't sin, we're free of sin (after all, we don't believe in it).  Sin is only for Christians. See how fucking freeing being an unbeliever is?  Freedom in Christ, my ass!

Of course, there's no god, and no hell, so the phrase doesn't mean a thing.

Goddamit

Jesus H. Fn Christ

At least they don't picture you shoving a crucifix up your ass screaming, "LET JESUS FUCK YOU!" cuz then, shit would REALLY get out of hand...

Famous quote -- I forget who said it -- "Blasphemy is a victimless crime."

• Like 3

At least they don't picture you shoving a crucifix up your ass screaming, "LET JESUS FUCK YOU!" cuz then, shit would REALLY get out of hand...

Famous quote -- I forget who said it -- "Blasphemy is a victimless crime."

Haha, I like that!

My uncle once reprimanded me for saying "Geez" because it was taking the Lawd's name in vain.  I told him it was short for "Gee whiz", not "Jesus".  He couldn't prove me wrong and left me alone.

Now I just say "Gawdfuckingdammit" whenever I want!  (But not in front of my uncle. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif )

Would they rather booze be used to blow off some steam? No wait, of course they would.

Although, when I refrain from cussing it is more out of professional and respect reasons than it is for morality.

Now I just say "Gawdfuckingdammit" whenever I want!  (But not in front of my uncle. :HaHa: )

Now THAT'S funny! :HaHa:

I usually say, "jesus fucking christ" but now that I think about it, I don't say it around anyone. Usually just when I'm alone and something pisses me off.

People who judge others and moralize are just indulging in a form of self-righteousness, one of the worst sins in scripture!

I think we should bring back "Zounds!" ("God's wounds") personally. 

And I, too, have been using a few once verboten phrases, especially "Jesus Christ." But that is mostly because it reminds me of my favorite scene from Mommie Dearest.

I say goddammit any time I get hurt.  Including in front of children.  It's a word.  It does not hurt anyone in any way.  A word is a word is a word as far as I'm concerned.  I know someone who is a bully a Christian bully.  Always tears other people apart behind their backs- and loves it.  And yet "bad language" like goddamitt offends her.  Her bullying of others behind their back offends me!   It's the same when I was in school kids could easily get away with bullying other children but would be punished for saying "fuck".  Mixed up world we live in. 

• Like 1

I began to use that phrase a lot more liberally as my deconversion continued -- much to the dismay of some casual believers around me. My brother became visibly angered and upset, stating solemnly that "I sure have been using 'GD' lately a lot. You really shouldn't do that. Jeez." Jeez? As in a euphemism for Jesus? Another means of "taking the Lord's name in vain? Apparently, 'motherfucker' and such are of much less concern, and certainly won't land you in the hot seat with the Big Man Upstairs. A friend of mine literally gasped, and said "take it back!" with eyes full of superstitious fear.

If I say the imfamous "GD" around certain folks, you may as well draw an inverted pentagram on my head, an inverted cross and a baphomet across my forehead and imagine me spewing pea soup to the far corners of the room, as my head jerks and spins about and I belch out a few choice blasphemies. Not that a pentagram, inverted cross or a baphomet have anything to do with Satan, but, the majority of folks around here just aren't believing that.

People are so casual about their sins of choice -- hell, who isn't a fornicator by Biblical standards, who doesn't utter curses or occasionally envy the neighbor -- I see no sackcloth and ashes repentance reaction in these things, but if you stub your toe, mutter "Goddammit" around the wrong folks... boyyy you are dangling above the cauldron now!

My first wife got upset when I said the GD word but said it was ok to use the F word since that isn't taking the Lord's name in vain. [Eyeroll]. Now that she's my ex-wife I use it now and then as part of my regular repertoire of profanity. It still bothers her.

I worked with a practicing (haha) catholic that used the F word all the time but would scold people for saying  "Oh. My. God!" Toward the end of my working sanity I would often say, "Jesus Fucking Christ" in a fit of everyday work rage. I think she was afraid to scold me.

It is interesting how religious people are basically the same as anyone else except for a thin veneer of righteousness.

I must admit, my heathen rebellious childhood led to me saying a whole heap of blasphemies and then I gawt saaayvvved - I learned self discipline and stopped doing that and since mhai rebellion2.0 I still do not take teh lawdz name in vein :) mhai veins are for mhai bludd only...

But I do lace and punctuate my conversation with "fuck" a lot but usually to simply make an emphasis on stuff that pisses me off. When I get teh road rage, you will be sure to hear me call you a stupid fucking cunt. When I call someone a fucking asshole, that is me simply saying you are dumb fuck.

Holy fucking mother of gawd always made me smile as she was the proverbial slut that got fucked by her own son before he was born .

When I am on a roll, folk that side of the pond would have their crucifixes out and hissing at me like the devil incarnate, praying in tongues and wetting themselves. Perhaps it is good I do not stay in the USA, I would have sooo much fun but then again you lot all have gunz so maybe not...

However it seems Americans do have a strange offence to the word shit. That word I use more liberally than any other one, yet using turd, crap which are synonyms is OK to use? Everyone knows what BS means and that acronym is also OK.

Blow me slow sweet jeebus is another one, here we use cock sucker usually preceded by silly fucking.

My late wife use to say don't fucking swear so much, I never knew if she was serious or if she was being ironic. In Afrikaans we have an expression 'Jou vokken moer' which means you fucking nut however, it is more likely to start a fight than any other expletive depending on the stretching the vowels in the word moer; something you NEVER say to your partner. The other common Afrikaans one is "vokken doos". A doos is a box and a box is an acronym for pussy or something you put stuff in.

We have a few gay type expressions said in an effeminate tone, "I am so angry I could just spit"

Your mother should have swallowed you but she spat you out and you grew in the rain... Not one swear word but insulting nonetheless.

Yeah, that's annoying. Ugh, my ex-roommate used to interrupt every tv/show or movie that said "goddammit" with "You watch your mouth!!"  And it's like, REALLY? It was so annoying.  Like she was doing something SOOO super righteous and she wasn't. So annoying. 

Try "JESUS FICTIONAL CHRIST!!" That's my favorite. 

• Like 3

Thankyou for sharing that.

When my oldest son was 3 and I was pregnant with my youngest, we were at my cousin's wedding in Louisiana, OF COURSE in a church.  We were sitting with  my entire family close to the front of the church.  It had gotten really quiet, and my 3 year old angel of a child turned to my "hands in the air holy ghost praising aunt" and said, "Aunt KK, I not say God Damn!"  She froze and the entire congregation threw their evil highbeams in our direction.  She stared in shock and said "What!?"  (BIG MISTAKE)  SO LOUDER, and to my dismay, he repeats, "I NOT SAY GOD DAMN!!"  Now she looks at me with knives shooting out of her eyeballs, because you know he had to hear me say it.  LOL, I was petrified.  I think that was the point in which my family confirmed I am the spawn of all evil, or at least in their heads.  It was a HUGE deal, and my cousin who's vows included the fact that she will submit to and obey  her husband, was very unhappy with me.  Oh well, it's sad to me that they could let THAT ruin their entire day.  For a second I thought it was hilarious. And gosh the wedding hadn't even started yet.

• Like 4

When my oldest son was 3 and I was pregnant with my youngest, we were at my cousin's wedding in Louisiana, OF COURSE in a church.  We were sitting with  my entire family close to the front of the church.  It had gotten really quiet, and my 3 year old angel of a child turned to my "hands in the air holy ghost praising aunt" and said, "Aunt KK, I not say God Damn!"  She froze and the entire congregation threw their evil highbeams in our direction.  She stared in shock and said "What!?"  (BIG MISTAKE)  SO LOUDER, and to my dismay, he repeats, "I NOT SAY GOD DAMN!!"  Now she looks at me with knives shooting out of her eyeballs, because you know he had to hear me say it.  LOL, I was petrified.  I think that was the point in which my family confirmed I am the spawn of all evil, or at least in their heads.  It was a HUGE deal, and my cousin who's vows included the fact that she will submit to and obey  her husband, was very unhappy with me.  Oh well, it's sad to me that they could let THAT ruin their entire day.  For a second I thought it was hilarious. And gosh the wedding hadn't even started yet.

Haha, that's pretty awesome.  :D

Oh man, I could just imagine. Haha, my family would be split down the middle with half thinking it's funny and the other shooting laser beams out of their eyes.  

Honestly, people can be waaaay uptight but I guess religion does that to you. 

• Like 1

Goddamit

Jesus H. Fn Christ

Deva, do you know what the "H" stands for?

Haploid.

Offensive subject matter written below

YAHWE DAMNIT EL ELYON DAMNIT ELOHIM DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT THE LORD DAMNIT JESUS DAMNIT
YAHWE FUCKED EL ELYON UP THE ASS WHILE BA'AL PISSED ALL OVER ASHERA WHILE SHE  FISTED ALL THE OTHER ELOYHIM UNTIL THEY SHIT AND BLED ALL OVER THE ALPHA OMEGA SPERM THAT YAWEH USED TO BRUTALLY RAPE MARY UNTIL SHE BLED ALL OVER HIS?HER HERMAPHRODIC MEMBER AFTER JOSEPH FOUND OUT HE  CONSTANTLY  BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THE WHORE THAT MARY HAD BECOME AS SHE  HOSTED THE COCKS OF ALL THE ELOYHIM IN ALL HER ORIFACES BOTH SPIRTUAL AND PHYSICAL WHILE KICKING THE SHIT  OUT OF JESUS H CHRIST.

This

When someone objects to my goddammits I ask them, "which god?"

This

When someone objects to my goddammits I ask them, "which god?"

"When I said 'goddammit' I meant Zeus, the real god."

• Like 2