Goodbye Jesus

Unforgivable Sin - Have I Done It

ChristianGuy1000

Hi Folks,

I am almost at peace with this and over the threshold. E.g. I am openly against God now however I want to ask a question.

Several months ago I was sitting thinking about God etc... And an Idea popped into my head the idea was that the Holy Spirit possesses or (Takes Control) of people to do Gods work.  I talk to myself out loud to think things through its a side effect to ADHD.

When I was talking out aloud to myself I said 'The Holy Spirit is like a D****'  I thought long and hard about weather or not I had committed it - Many Apologists twisted it so much that its impossible to commit but I took Jesus at face value. 

E.g. Speaking Against

Now the strange thing is when I said that Statement my intention was infact to draw a conclusion to figure out why some people say Demons convict of sin and make you feel Guilty and others said that the Holy Spirit makes you also feel guilty.

Since they are both Spiritual Beings they are alike on this aspect too.

So I ask people to give it to me straight.  According to what Ex and Current Christians believe would me saying

(The Holy Spirit Is Like a D****) [Meaning: A spiritual being & sharing some attributes]  The Blasphemy Jesus spoke about?

What do you think - feel free to give me your honest truth and not some apologist bull shit.

There is no god, there is no sin. I don't do guilt anymore, not over nothing anyway. Now I keep it for when I actually do something wrong. This christian rubbish just ties your mind in knots. The philosophy of life is simple, don't be an asshole.

• Like 3

The meaning of the "unforgivable sin" has been altered over the years.  People has rewritten the Bible to say whatever they want.  The original meaning was lost however it was never that important because it was just the word of a man and he was probably a scam artist.

Actually the one unforgivable sin is to stop at the end of an on-ramp.  If you didn't do THAT, then you're good to go.

But if you DID stop at the end of an on-ramp, I'll never forgive you.

• Like 3

In context, people were attributing what the narrative indicates was being done by the God's holy spirit to evil spirits, and Jesus was saying that such an accusation would not be forgiven.  It was a power-play and a cruel doctrine to introduce.  If it helps you to leave this destructive superstition behind, consider it unforgivable.  Tell God to fuck off.  He only exists in your mind anyway.  If you want to be assured that you haven't committed it, talk to a grace-based pastor.  Most of them will tell you that if you are worried about committing it you are incapable of committing it.  Most of us here see the entire conversation as bullshit. Peace to you, my friend.  :)

• Like 1

Hi, CG1000.  I am sorry you are going through this apparent turmoil in your mind.  The turmoil and uncertainty you are experiencing is so apparent in your words, most especially because you won't even spell out the word Demon when you repeat the phrase you spoke.  I hope you are able to get past that.

There are two ways to answer this.  My first answer as an ExChristian is that Christianity is a false religion and that includes the falsity of that insidious concept of the unforgivable sin.

I think, though, you also want to hear the answer from the perspective of one who believes in Christianity.  I no longer do so believe, but like the rest of us here on ExC, I did at one time.  I can tell you that even as a Christian I would not have thought you had blasphemed the holy spirit by what you said.  You said the holy spirit is like a demon which, according to the OP, meant the holy spirit shared certain characteristics with demons.  If one believes in such things, it is indeed true that the holy spirit and demons share certain characteristics.  For example, they are both supposed to be spiritual beings.  And, as you pointed out, they both allegedly try to influence the actions of people.  So, no, you did not blaspheme the holy spirit from a theological standpoint by simply pointing out certain characteristics the holy spirit is said to share with demons.  If I understand blasphemy, it requires a false statement and your statement, according to scripture, was not false.

I hope this helps.

I agree with all of the above. If anybody's listening to you, it's electronic, not a sky daddy.

Anybody got a link to that "unforgivable sin" thread from a while back?

by the way, have you seen miracles with your own eyes? like paralysed walking, blind can see by spittal? NO? so where does the unforgivable sin comes from.....

anyway, depending on yours and other people's interpretation, that can mean anything,,,,,,

i cannot tell you not to worry about it, BUT if i am going to believe the unforgiveable sin, i have to believe in a talking snake, a talking ass in times of old and zombies walking on earth sometime n 33AD,,,,,,

Yes, you have committed the unpardonable, unforgiveable sin.

Do you deserve your place in Hell? Well, by Biblical standards, it would seem so... but we certainly don't think so, here.

Weird that a bunch of internet atheists are more forgiving of this particular sin than God. But, we are of hardened hearts, are foolish, and the truth is far from us.

If you are damned, I'll see you by the gates, you know... wailing, gnashing teeth and all that...

Isn't that a much worse thought than an unforgivable sin? The thought that the average skeptic, doubting Thomas or strict unbeliever are destined to brimstone and hellfire?

• Like 1

You cannot upset your imaginary "friend". Perhaps is you realise that he is imaginary, the guilt and crap will go like it did for all of us. God(s) are imaginary friends for adults.

• Like 1

Hey Folks,

I dont believe in God hes an asshole who fucked up everything according to the Bible.   And I do believe Jesus was a condesending Dickhead who walked around in his time telling people how wrong they were and how he was right.  He spoke to them in parables so they wouldent understand then he would call them idots.

Jesus was against all humanity he even said he was comming with the Sword.  Jesus is a scam artist that got a lucky break when the Roman Empire was looking for a Religion.   Oddly enough Clement I only believed in Christianity because his mother taught him.  So if we are to go by historical standards he was indoctornated by Christianity and sought to make it the Global Religion of a very large Empire.

And thats exactly what happened.  Though Judaism was the worlds largest Religion from Abraham -> Jesus afew thousand years.  The funny thing in all this is that Jesus performed miracles to people who were by todays standards not very bright.

Jesus walked on water -> Could this be a mirage / Could it be that it was shallow / could it be that the density of the water was thick / could it be that everyone was drunk / could it be that the writers lied.

We will never really know but the really retarded thing is that God who subbosidly knows us ya would think in the age of Sicence he would give us afew miracles to study.  This age is most critical about God and God is nowhere to be seen.

God is a Liar / Bully / Sadist

Jesus is a Conman / NOT GOD / Condescending Prick / Magician

And I'm going to poke at the unpokeable.  How do we know Satan that when Satan tried to overthrow God he wasent doing it for the Good of Humanity.  Maybe he knew God was a Sadist.

Thanks for your answers people - I was troubled more about it but now I dont give a crap.  I'll see ya all at the Gates of Hell we can all in Unison give God the bird lol.

• Like 1

No need to rail against the gods and satan, they are all fictitious characters. Deconversion anger should be directed inward as we were all duped to believe this crap. Then you should get over it.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

I am almost at peace with this and over the threshold. E.g. I am openly against God now however I want to ask a question.

Several months ago I was sitting thinking about God etc... And an Idea popped into my head the idea was that the Holy Spirit possesses or (Takes Control) of people to do Gods work.  I talk to myself out loud to think things through its a side effect to ADHD.

When I was talking out aloud to myself I said 'The Holy Spirit is like a D****'  I thought long and hard about weather or not I had committed it - Many Apologists twisted it so much that its impossible to commit but I took Jesus at face value. 

E.g. Speaking Against

Now the strange thing is when I said that Statement my intention was infact to draw a conclusion to figure out why some people say Demons convict of sin and make you feel Guilty and others said that the Holy Spirit makes you also feel guilty.

So I ask people to give it to me straight.  According to what Ex and Current Christians believe would me saying

(The Holy Spirit Is Like a D****) [Meaning: A spiritual being & sharing some attributes]  The Blasphemy Jesus spoke about?

What do you think - feel free to give me your honest truth and not some apologist bull shit.

No, that isn't the blasphemy Jesus spoke about.

Jesus in the Bible said that saying that the works he did by the holy spirit were really done by the power of satan. You didn't do that by almost saying anything out loud.

Fuck jesus and the colt or donkey or ass he rode in on, or did he.

Fuck jesus and the colt or donkey or ass he rode in on, or did he.

God the Father fucks Jesus in the ass with the Holy Spirit.

The unforgivable sin is daring to think for yourself. Just my opinion.

• Like 3

Hi Folks,

E.g. Speaking Against

There is no sin.  The concept is a myth used as a tool to control your mind. 

• Like 1

The unforgivable sin is daring to think for yourself. Just my opinion.

Yep. Thinking, questioning, analyzing and all that are "sinful." How fucked up do you have to be to put those kinds of limitations on the free-thinking humans You created in the first place?

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

E.g. Speaking Against

Jesus in the Bible said that saying that the works he did by the holy spirit were really done by the power of satan. You didn't do that by almost saying anything out loud.

Well, I've probably committed the unforgivable sin by stating that Yahweh and Satan were in league with each other...

Hi Folks,

E.g. Speaking Against

Well, I've probably committed the unforgivable sin by stating that Yahweh and Satan were in league with each other...

Yeah, you really screwed the pooch with that one mister. You are a goner.  It may give you some comfort to know that your place in Hell will be no hotter than mine.  :-)

Really though, I was just responding to what the OP said. I mean, his name is "ChristianGuy1000", he has 14 posts, and claims to have the "God of Abraham" as his god. I don't know if this guy is deconverting or whatever, but when I was a Christian I sometimes had horrible thoughts pop into my head concerning this.

I'd like to see him believe or not believe depending on his own heart, and not because of some irrational fear one way or another.

I'd like to see him believe or not believe depending on his own heart, and not because of some irrational fear one way or another.

Exactly. And like I said in his other thread, where I sussed that he'd committed this particular "unforgivable sin," I had a similar, "Oh no, I am now forever out of God's favor!" experience when I was young. And really, what kind of loving and benevolent God would reject a sincere and loving Christian on the basis of a blip like this that doesn't even necessarily reflect the person's feelings in their heart? If ChristianGuy does not deconvert, I hope he knows that, in the framework of Christianity, God created us as free thinkers, and God knows what is truly in our hearts. If God can accept rapists, murderers and pedos as Christians, he will accept ChristianGuy. God forgives. That's supposed to be the point of Him. 

Hi Folks,

E.g. Speaking Against

Saying "Fuck the Holy Spirit" is no worse than saying "Fuck Anubis".  All fictional characters.

Come to think of it, I just thought of a new way to troll Xians.  In Xianity, thinking of a sin is just as bad as the act itself, right.  If we put up billboards that say "Fuck the Holy Spirit", every Xian who looks at it, says it in there head when they read it.  Since thinking is the same as doing, instant "Go to Hell" sign!woohoo.gif

• Like 2

Hi Folks,

E.g. Speaking Against

Saying "Fuck the Holy Spirit" is no worse than saying "Fuck Anubis".  All fictional characters.

Come to think of it, I just thought of a new way to troll Xians.  In Xianity, thinking of a sin is just as bad as the act itself, right.  If we put up billboards that say "Fuck the Holy Spirit", every Xian who looks at it, says it in there head when they read it.  Since thinking is the same as doing, instant "Go to Hell" sign!woohoo.gif

So then in our knowledge of Christian theology by our actions we should be the same as the Westboro Baptist Church?

Hi Folks,

E.g. Speaking Against

So then in our knowledge of Christian theology and our actions we should be the same as the Westboro Baptist Church?

Only if we feel like it.

Hi Folks,

E.g. Speaking Against

So then in our knowledge of Christian theology and our actions we should be the same as the Westboro Baptist Church?

Only if we feel like it.

Note that I edited my post.