Goodbye Jesus

I'm In So Much Pain.

IFeelSoMuchPain

I will say some things, I'm paralyzed by so many irrational fears, reason and logic go out the window for most of those. this has nothing to do with hell or god. I barely ever leave the house....call it agoraphobia or call it magic pixie dust, but in the end leaving the house to much most of the times for me.

The way to beat a fear is to confront it slowly.  Perhaps you should start out by going for a walk.  Pick a very short distance for your first day.  Then every day afterward walk at least to that distance and try to go a bit farther.  Eventually turn it into an exercise walk around the block.  If that becomes comfortable then go farther.

Once you have confronted one fear you can use the same technique to conquer other fears.

Remember that everything we do is one bite at a time.  You only need to take the step that is before you right now.

I do want you to succeed in this.  Please keep us posted.  When you make progress let us know.

• Like 1

Checking in. How are you this morning?

It could be better and I need a break from the aithest stuff. I heard enough stuff to make some people's heads spin around, LOL. laugh.png

Your sense of irony and humor is obviously alive and kicking (and possibly spitting out pea soup?).

I agree with mymistake that you should pick a workable goal. My problem is not knowing what is doable for me. I tend to pick things I will fail at. My therapist is helping me scale back my goals. I have agoraphobia issues too. But I can walk to the mailbox or take a drive with my husband. I can't drive anymore because of illness, so I am getting too used to staying home all of the time. I am always looking at my pixels too. It can make you forget the feeling of really connecting with people. It just seems so hard and fraught with danger. I have to get dressed and worry about what I say, and how I say it.

I still will go to the grocery store as I rarely run into people I know. I am going to the mall tomorrow just to walk around. It will feel really good just to see new scenery. It feels really good to me to feel the texture of the clothing and to see things that are new and shiny. It makes me want to go more and its a step toward being out with people so I need to do it.

I really need to find a place to interact with people where I will feel safe. I need a place where people won't judge me or where I won't care if they do. I thought church was that kind of place and I got screwed. Now I am deconverting like you. Don't worry though, God isn't punishing you. The farther you get from church and the more you hang out here the more you will see that.

I am like you and others here. I need medication to help me feel better. I was suicidal for years before I found a medication that made me stable. It worked for 6-7 years and then 10 months ago it stopped working. My psychiatrist said my body got used to it. I have been trying new medications for 5 months. Trying new medications can be scary. I tend to get all the bad side effects. But I don't want to live broken and in sorrow and gloom, so I just didn't quit. This new med is helping and I am even in less pain from my illnesses, but I may need to up the dose to keep my suicidal thoughts away. I will just keep trying. You can't quit! The help for you might be just around the corner. Feeling better like this has changed my whole outlook on my life. Now I see what is possible for me, when two weeks ago it was all gloom and doom. If I need to up the dosage, I may get side effects and need a different medication, but at least now I remember it is possible to get well. That is the hideousness of depression, you lose hope and are sure you will never again feel better so you give up!

Don't give up! We are here for you,

Rez

• Like 1

I've been thinking about a few other things you may need to try to help with the physical aspects, without meds.

1. Sunshine. Have you heard of seasonal affective disorder (SAD)? That's where people get mild depression in late winter, from decreased sunlight. Your brain uses sunlight to regulate moods and sleep patterns. Could you be suffering from this on a prolonged basis? Get outside! You need the light to get into your eyes to properly stimulate the brain, so NO sunglasses.

2. Exercise. Yeah, you might not like to hear that, I know. It really does help to push blood around, release toxins, and most importantly -- distribute hormones and other chemicals through the body and the brain. Nothing fancy. Nothing too intense. Just do some pushups, situps, and squats in your room, to stimulate all your major muscle areas. Or, as a previous poster suggested, just get out and walk. You may find great joy and freedom in dragging out your old bicycle. Plus you get the sun, added bonus.

3. Stretching. If you are at your computer a lot, you are storing toxins and negative energy. Let that stuff out, and get oxygen and chemicals flowing again. Find your muscles that hurt or feel tight, and stretch them for a count of 30. (You should feel them give out at about 25 seconds.) Stretch your arms by bending your wrists and holding for 30 seconds in every direction, with palm up and palm down, back and forward. Stretch your shoulders. And your hips are probably tight, so bend your leg, grab your knee, and twist around and hold until you feel a good stretch.

I promise you that these will help. You may still need some meds, but those will be more effective if the rest of your body is functioning well. Every little bit helps.