Goodbye Jesus

Death Is The Result Of Sin!

Realist

OK you Christards out there ... death is the result of sin so you say! I have had to put my cat down today ..so is human sin the result of this? Cat's cannot sin! Here is a photo so you can put a face to it! And please... do not give me the usual shit and tell me to "get over it ... she is only a cat!"

Ok.jpg

• Like 2

I wonder about how animals could have sin nature, they didn't eat from the tree of knowledge. In fact god didn't say that adam and eve would have sin nature if they ate from the tree of knowledge, he just said they would die only.

Christians just do not want to get involved in arguments such as this ... simply like many things  ... they just have to manufacture a reason!

I am so very sorry, Realist.  I am glad she was your friend.

Realist, my sympathies - she looks a beauty :)

I have asked this a long time ago when still 'inside' xtianity and then the answer given was that we are given dominion over animals and their illnesses and deaths are attributable to the fall.

Don't know about anyone else but all my cats have had dominion over me! ;)

• Like 1

Wow, what a gorgeous cat!! I'm so sorry to hear you had to put her down, it is so sad when you have to put a pet down that you've grown to know and love and befriend. 

I never understood what happened to animals even in the christian mindset; it was a super blurry area that was generally ignored and when given an answer it was short and sweet and never really satisfied me.  So sad to hear this. 

I never understood what happened to animals even in the christian mindset; it was a super blurry area that was generally ignored and when given an answer it was short and sweet and never really satisfied me.  

Yes, I have generally found non-christians to have a far deeper love for animals than what christians have! I guess that suits christians cause! I am SO glad I was never really a "true" christian!

• Like 1

Sorry about your beautiful cat, Realist.  Yes, not a shred of evidence to support the idea that death is a curse for sin.

Realist, my sympathies - she looks a beauty smile.png

I have asked this a long time ago when still 'inside' xtianity and then the answer given was that we are given dominion over animals and their illnesses and deaths are attributable to the fall.

Don't know about anyone else but all my cats have had dominion over me! wink.png

Yes, I am not seeking sympathy although it is sooo hard at the moment.

I have always wanted to bring this point up with christians about sin, death and animals because I know they cannot answer it!

Thanks everyone!

Realist, my wonderful friend,

I am soooooooooo sorry about the loss of your beautiful cat.

My 17 year old cat died 8 weeks ago and I am still grieving. It just sucks big time when any loss happens to us. I totally understand how heartbroken you are. I want  to give you a big internet hug today.

Sincerely,

From your friend, Margee

Christians just do not want to get involved in arguments such as this ... simply like many things ... they just have to manufacture a reason!

Wait till end3 gets here then we will all have a party.

• Super Moderator

I can relate to losing pets. It's easier to lose people, but then I'm weird. Sorry for your loss. Christians, as usual, have no reasonable input into this subject.

When the members inside of the cult say that suffering and death of animals are caused by the fall and that people should, "Get over it, it's just a cat" (implying that it has no soul, but humans do), my response is, "Then if your god is real, he is a sadistic prick and I would rather be tortured forever in Hell than hand my life over to him and suck his dick, in Heaven, for eternity."

I had a situation very much like yours when I lost a dog that was really special to me. I remember I was grieving her loss nearly a year later when New Year's came and she had been alive on New Year's the year before.

Sorry for your loss, Realist. (I'm the same way about cats.)

On the theological question, I disagree with you. Science tells us that humans are similar to cats physically, we live on the same planet, etc. So IMO humans and cats should share the same fate theologically. Actually I used to imagine that animals decided to be punished voluntarily out of love for humans.

On the other hand, some Christians (including Catholics?) say that animals don't have the right kind of soul and don't get resurrected with humans. That's dumb. Of course Christianity in general is dumb. smile.png

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your friend.  I've lost several cats myself over the years.  It just sucks.  So sorry.

Regarding your question:

Cats have teeth for eating meat and instincts to hunt any small animal that moves.  It would be absurd to say that cats ate grass before Eve ate the forbidden fruit.  Cats are rodent killing machines.  At the same time small cats are still on the food chain.  That is why cat's are so good at climbing and have whiskers to quickly find small hiding places.  Imagine a cat stalking and pouncing on a blade of grass.  And of course cats have immune systems that try to protect them from all the disease that could kill cats.  Death is a natural part of life and there was no Forbidden Fruit or Garden of Eden.

On the other hand, some Christians (including Catholics?) say that animals don't have the right kind of soul and don't get resurrected with humans. That's dumb. Of course Christianity in general is dumb. smile.png

If my cats don't get into heaven then I'm out too, what a misery the afterlife would be without kitties

• Like 3

Realist, my wonderful friend,

I am soooooooooo sorry about the loss of your beautiful cat.

My 17 year old cat died 8 weeks ago and I am still grieving. It just sucks big time when any loss happens to us. I totally understand how heartbroken you are. I want  to give you a big internet hug today.

Sincerely,

From your friend, Margee

Thanks Margee ... Ocki was also about that age too. We only had her for around 5 years ... she was abandoned by some deadbeats 2 doors up the street from us. We knew her and her name from those days ... we had watched her grow up with them and be terribly mistreated! In the end they just stopped feeding her and got a couple of guard dogs instead ... the bitey kind ... obviously to help cover their not so legal activities! 

She was starving when she came to us ... her coat was shocking ... you could see her ribs through her sparse long coat.

I went to the trouble of telling her original owners yesterday. The woman said ... we could not keep her with the dogs around ... humans heh? Made in the likeness of god? ... or more correctly god made in the likeness of humans! 

I can relate to losing pets. It's easier to lose people, but then I'm weird. Sorry for your loss. Christians, as usual, have no reasonable input into this subject.

Yes florduh ... totally agreed! Maybe I should have that "not right in the head" signature too?

On the theological question, I disagree with you. Science tells us that humans are similar to cats physically, we live on the same planet, etc. So IMO humans and cats should share the same fate theologically. Actually I used to imagine that animals decided to be punished voluntarily out of love for humans.

That theological position is that of fundies I have known ... not mine ... it was bait to try and get some to reply ... but what is common with these people is their blatant dishonesty. They just pick on what they want to reply to!

That is the reason I posted it in the Lion's Den.

By the way, thanks again everyone!

Have to say that this kind of thinking isn't confined to Christianity either. Today on a Pantheist page on Facebook:

"I feel we are punished for our sins in this life, by karma. I think the universe sees us for what we are and acts accordingly.."

Nope - still no such thing as "sin".

Thanks End! I know you mean it!

I'm so sorry about your cat. I lost my 12 year old ,Smokey, two years ago. I had to put him down and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. *hugs*

Sorry. My cat of about 18 years died a couple of years ago after having a big stroke.

As an aside, I would also point to certain ocean dwelling creatures that are effectively immortal. I wonder where such life forms fit into the death is due to sin argument?