Goodbye Jesus

Free Ebook On Skepticism And Near Death Experiences

jeffcia

Ex Christians, Up for some light reading? I've written a book and would love your feedback.

Please let me know what you think and how I may improve before sending to a wider audience.

The title of the book is Where is the Evidence?  A skeptics reply to Near-Death Experiences As Evidence for the Existence of God and Heaven by J. Steve Miller

Here is a link to the file in my dropbox:https://www.dropbox.com/s/crazdql0g6tlkzv/Where%20is%20the%20evidence.pdf

Thanks!! 

Jeff Ciaccio, BSChE, MS, MSACS

• Like 1

Your first post being a promotion of your book? This may not sit well with many people here. It may keep many from so much as bothering to read your book.

Jeffcia, welcome to Ex-c!

....and thanks for this free-ebook. I'll read it over and get back to you on it! I noticed you have been a sceptic for a long time. This could be interesting!

Why not tell us a little of your journey? How did you get to this point?

Again, Welcome!

I'll try reading it and getting back to you.  It really is free and didn't link me to any weird sites, so thank you! There's actually a discussion currently going on about NDEs on another thread on this site.  http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/57790-23-minutes-in-hell/

• Super Moderator

Welcome!

Hey, it's free, guys. Give him a chance!

I was quite active here about a decade ago but found myself spending way too much time tying to convince others thru reason and logic.

I lost my faith after somebody came my door with" proof" of god. I'll write more on the journey later.

I would love feedback because i hope it will help sway those on the fence, and i thought those here my appreciate that. It is not for a profit.

Oops. I meant to add a reply.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for the link! I will follow that and try to incorporate some of the discussion:-)

Since you asked, I was a Christian until about age 35, when a lady came to my door and asked if she could prove the existence of God.  Of course I invited her in and listened, but the skeptic in me came out when she said prove.  She mentioned Pascal's wager and several other fallacies that I did not know by name at the time, so I decided to do some reading.  I picked up George H Smith's Atheism, The Book Your Church Does Not Want You to Read, several others, and then Dan Barker's, Losing Faith in Faith put the nail in the coffin.  I have challenged those around around me for the last decade but still have to bite my tongue because I live in Georgia and some of my clients are students in Christian academies.  I'm quite certain that I would not be invited back if they knew that I was not a Christian, so I keep quite when working.  

I was quite active here many years ago, and it even remembered my log in, so I don't know why it shows me as a new user.  New board software maybe??

Anyway, it's good to be back.  This board really helped me as I was getting over the fear of hell and learning to deal with people who could not apply reason.

• Like 2