Goodbye Jesus

Brother Kirk Is At It Again

par4dcourse

Kirk is so full of BS. Based on his own words, I can confidently conclude that he was never really an atheist. I'm not making a "no true Scotsman" argument here, because I wouldn't say that no atheist could ever become a believer, but Kirk mischaracterizes atheists so much that he clearly doesn't understand atheists, which wouldn't be the case if he had really been one. It sounds as though he hated God, since he claims that atheists do, in which case he had to have believed in God and therefore was not an atheist. He doesn't seem to have any capacity to grasp the fact that simply rebelling against religion is not the same thing as not believing it at all.

But see, there are no true atheists because we all know deep down that the Christian God exists, we're just too selfish and lazy to worship him! Also, we enjoy sinning, which is the only reason we became atheists in the first place.

I think that there must be a switch in people's heads that gets flipped when they leave religion.  This switch suddenly causes an increase in snarky comments.  Cause bless your heart, you don't have Jesus anymore now do ya sweetie.

• Like 1

You have to hate god and disbelieve in God. One of my best friends is an atheist (or more appropriately: he does not believe and is an apathetic: he could care less). However, he blows a week a yr of vacation time doing missionary work in a poor area along the WV  KY border. He actually takes groups there and they live like the locals and they rebuild roofs, repair homes, etc.    That is more than most believers actually do.

Watching that video just knocked my IQ down 10 points.

Unless he is preaching the gospel or in some way including religion I would say your friend is doing HUMANITARIAN work not missonary work.

I help build poor people homes in my spare time but I am in no way doing missonary work. I think the first thing even people with religion should be doing is humaitarian work skip the religous crap until later and seriously go feed and cloth them for sure.

Kirk is so full of BS. Based on his own words, I can confidently conclude that he was never really an atheist. I'm not making a "no true Scotsman" argument here, because I wouldn't say that no atheist could ever become a believer, but Kirk mischaracterizes atheists so much that he clearly doesn't understand atheists, which wouldn't be the case if he had really been one. It sounds as though he hated God, since he claims that atheists do, in which case he had to have believed in God and therefore was not an atheist. He doesn't seem to have any capacity to grasp the fact that simply rebelling against religion is not the same thing as not believing it at all.

But see, there are no true atheists because we all know deep down that the Christian God exists, we're just too selfish and lazy to worship him! Also, we enjoy sinning, which is the only reason we became atheists in the first place.

It must give him such satisfaction to be right... of course it actually doesn't because he is a closet atheist lying to everyone. I promise he does not believe in anything but himself. He plays the part well but seriously is hates himself more than any of us.

It must give him such satisfaction to be right... of course it actually doesn't because he is a closet atheist lying to everyone. I promise he does not believe in anything but himself. He plays the part well but seriously is hates himself more than any of us.

If you watch that video you can almost see it.   It feels like he is trying too hard to convince everyone that what he is saying is true.  It looks like he has taken his acting to the level of Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder.   He doesn't know who the real Kirk Cameron is.    He a dude playing a dude that is a caricature of himself. 

If he doesn't crash and burn hard, then something will happen.  Divorce, or something.    Who knows....it just seems like something is gonna break. 

His Crazy Eyes don't bode well for his future.

If you watch that video you can almost see it.   It feels like he is trying too hard to convince everyone that what he is saying is true.  It looks like he has taken his acting to the level of Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder.   He doesn't know who the real Kirk Cameron is.    He a dude playing a dude that is a caricature of himself. 

If he doesn't crash and burn hard, then something will happen.  Divorce, or something.    Who knows....it just seems like something is gonna break. 

Well he should know better than to try and do FULL RETARD...no one does full retard what an ass...

Yeah.....you have had to suffer so much Kirk.   Nothing but a bunch of emotional garbage. 

funny  in this movie he says it's the most important journey of his life too.   Just like unstoppable. 

Yeah.....you have had to suffer so much Kirk.   Nothing but a bunch of emotional garbage.

Will it make an episode of Reasonable Doubts?

philosophers and theologians have struggled with the problem of evil for millennia, but thank god, the Growing Pains kid has the answer.

philosophers and theologians have struggled with the problem of evil for millennia, but thank god, the Growing Pains kid has the answer.

I gotta say, though - I am tempted to see what "answer" he has come up with to address this question.  It is truly hard to imagine that this guy would really be able to decisively answer THE question of the ages.

I'm not sure that the laughs that would ensue would make it worth sitting through the movie, though.  On the other hand, my husband and I saw "Fireproof" and thought it was hysterical.  At the end of the movie we were laughing so hard we were struggling for breath, but trying to hide it so that my mom's church friends wouldn't see us.  We can still crack each other up when we reminisce on it!

I got that feeling to his eyes!! He has lost it. But hes nit quite rock bottom yet still in the delusion

Indeed, that thought has crossed my mind, but I'm not really sure. It's hard to tell if he's really just trying to BS the Christian community or if he actually is as stupid as he sounds. I'm more inclined to think the latter, but the former is definitely a possibility.

Kirk had gone full retard you-went-full-retard-never-go-full-retar

I just can't bare to him or Ray Comfort, i noticed at the end, once again they are trying to whore something out, trying to make more money, whenever i listen to their podcasts, they are always trying to sell something, and it's normally "Want to be a true Christian, buy my book" or some other crap. So whenever i see a video or audio of these guys, i always wait for them to start whoring something.

Wow. He looks so uncomfortable saying all that stuff. Probably because he knows he's lying, hence the shifty eyes and stuff. 

He doesn't know what atheism is. He thinks one time when he got mad at god, he was an atheist for those 30 seconds. And unlike him, we just didn't get over it yet. 

I think Christians really do believe that deep down everyone believes in god. They can't fathom not believing in god at all. I wasn't mad at god when I left Christianity. After my beliefs vanished, it didn't take long to feel a great relief that god doesn't exist. I found god confusing while I was a Christian, but I wasn't angry. I blamed myself for not being able to keep believing in it and at the same time knowing contradictory facts when other people seemed to be able to do it. But once I let go... it felt like a giant weight off my shoulders and a happy sense of wholeness in my mind. A calm kind of peace. No more paradoxes, no more tempests in my brain.

I don't believe in god, but if some sort of creator god essence exists, it doesn't have anything to do with the Christian version, and if it were ever proven to me that it exists, I think I would feel a vague sort of gratitude towards it, but definitely not anger. Vague gratitude would be sufficient, because it wouldn't be demanding we all worship it or send us to hell for not believing in it, and I can't see that it has any physical ability to interfere or intervene in our lives anyway. So... yeah. Not anger. I don't think this guy actually knows any atheists personally, so he gets to imagine them any way he wants to, and he likes to think they're rebellious people who are angry with god (but deep down know god exists.) What a ding bat.

I think Christians really do believe that deep down everyone believes in god. They can't fathom not believing in god at all.

Yeah, I think that's true for a lot of them. I even saw a shirt one time that said, "God doesn't believe in atheists." At the time I thought it was clever and I probably would've bought one if I'd found one for sale. Now of course I realize how stupid the saying is. Ironically, though, even as a believer I wasn't convinced that all atheists were just rebelling against God; I did believe that some may very well honestly not believe in God, but of course I thought that they were deceived.

if some sort of creator god essence exists, it doesn't have anything to do with the Christian version

Exactly!

I think Christians really do believe that deep down everyone believes in god. They can't fathom not believing in god at all.

Yeah, I think that's true for a lot of them. I even saw a shirt one time that said, "God doesn't believe in atheists." At the time I thought it was clever and I probably would've bought one if I'd found one for sale. Now of course I realize how stupid the saying is. Ironically, though, even as a believer I wasn't convinced that all atheists were just rebelling against God; I did believe that some may very well honestly not believe in God, but of course I thought that they were deceived.

if some sort of creator god essence exists, it doesn't have anything to do with the Christian version

Exactly!

The entire notion that atheist are rebelling against god is childlike and amusing. One would have to actually believe in god before one could rebel against him. Just because someone else is deciding you secretly believe in god doesn't make them anything but fucking crazy or tyranical. Screw kirk and anyone like him. They are getting in the way of human progress.

seriously let me reiterate. You must actually believe a thing is there before you can "rebel" against it. If you never believed a god any god is out there who are you rebelling against exactly? In essence you rebel against those christians views not their god. They don't like that you don't agree with them but are way to big of pussies when it really comes down to it to admit that and they hide behind a fantasy to cover it. It is ok. I am not them and as long as they don't try and force me I won't do anything except talk. If kirk takes the next step whatever it might be I promise you me or someone like me will be there to defend reason against tyrany.

Kirk seems to have a strong persecution complex. He just wants to be oppressed so bad

Kirk seems to have a strong persecution complex. He just wants to be oppressed so bad

I find this common among Christians and Mormons.  It seems that somehow the fact that "they are oppressed" indicates that their beliefs are real and that there is an active force (i.e. Satan) fighting against their God and "godly people."  I may have even bought into that idea a teeny bit when I was a Christian.

Ah, yeah. That whole "war against Christmas" nonsense and such like. Nobody is oppressing you, Kirk. No one wants to burn you at a stake or torture you until you renounce god. Nobody cares about that today. You can worship any imaginary thing you like, and although we reserve the right to think you're stupid, we're not going to stop you. If you try to make US teach our kids the creation story in public school or something, then we'll draw the line and tell you no, but no one is going to physically beat you up or anything. 

I remember as a Christian though, there was a vague sense of being ashamed about it, or else they wouldn't have been all, "We aren't ashamed!" I think, deep down, Christians suspect the whole thing is nonsense, and they're trying to make their minds keep buying into it. This little Kirk video is trying to project the foolishness onto non-believers. Like, you don't believe in god, but you're mad at him! So that makes YOU guys the crazy ones. Nice try, but no. Believing in imaginary things is where the crazy stuff lives. 

I find this common among Christians and Mormons.  It seems that somehow the fact that "they are oppressed" indicates that their beliefs are real and that there is an active force (i.e. Satan) fighting against their God and "godly people."  I may have even bought into that idea a teeny bit when I was a Christian.

I currently work with a religous asshole. Just him and I in a loft staging electronics for deployment.

I swear if I hear one more praise jesus when he gets a router done right I will hit him with it.

He can't stop preaching can't stfu ever about it. I could do the right thing the thing I deserver since he won't listen to me and go to our boss. Problem is our boss believes in god too. If I say anything I will be labeled as persecuting him and take hell for it. Maybe get fired. So exactlty who is being perscuted here? He surely isn't since he gets to fucking preach everyday to someone that will never agree with him ever for any reason short of god himself coming here and staging this shit with me.

I feel perscuted for not being able to tell him I don't agree and have him stop respectfully stop. That is not going to happen and I get to suffer his opinions never being allowed to voice my own without him acting all crazy over it. I feel persecuted because I am the minority in my belief and no one gives a fucking shit. My opinion mine as well not even exist here and if I could get this much money someplace else this very moment I would tell him his god is a dick and leave.

I currently work with a religous asshole. Just him and I in a loft staging electronics for deployment.

I swear if I hear one more praise jesus when he gets a router done right I will hit him with it.

He can't stop preaching can't stfu ever about it. I could do the right thing the thing I deserver since he won't listen to me and go to our boss. Problem is our boss believes in god too. If I say anything I will be labeled as persecuting him and take hell for it. Maybe get fired. So exactlty who is being perscuted here? He surely isn't since he gets to fucking preach everyday to someone that will never agree with him ever for any reason short of god himself coming here and staging this shit with me.

I feel perscuted for not being able to tell him I don't agree and have him stop respectfully stop. That is not going to happen and I get to suffer his opinions never being allowed to voice my own without him acting all crazy over it. I feel persecuted because I am the minority in my belief and no one gives a fucking shit. My opinion mine as well not even exist here and if I could get this much money someplace else this very moment I would tell him his god is a dick and leave.

I can see how that would get old really fast.

If the guy isn't a jerk, you could try joking with him about it. 

Next time he's all, "Praise Jesus this router's finally hooked up!" You could try, "Huh, I didn't even see Jesus slip in here and help you with that. He must be pretty stealthy. Shouldn't he be out healing sick people right now or something?" 

Now that I'm picturing it, I can imagine you both annoying each other in an exclamatory showdown: Every time something goes right, he can praise Jesus; every time something goes wrong, you can curse Jesus. Then you can call it even. 

I can see it now, a tool goes missing, and you say, "Where the f*** did Jesus put my wrench?! F*ing Jesus." 

Sorry. I know it's not funny. 

• Like 1

You could just say "give yourself a little credit, dude! You've been doing this job for x years, did it ever occur to you that you might actually know what you're doing?"

• Super Moderator

I can see how that would get old really fast.

If the guy isn't a jerk, you could try joking with him about it. 

Next time he's all, "Praise Jesus this router's finally hooked up!" You could try, "Huh, I didn't even see Jesus slip in here and help you with that. He must be pretty stealthy. Shouldn't he be out healing sick people right now or something?" 

Now that I'm picturing it, I can imagine you both annoying each other in an exclamatory showdown: Every time something goes right, he can praise Jesus; every time something goes wrong, you can curse Jesus. Then you can call it even. 

I can see it now, a tool goes missing, and you say, "Where the f*** did Jesus put my wrench?! F*ing Jesus." 

Sorry. I know it's not funny.

Yeah, it is.  Or maybe I just have a demented sense of humor too.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif 

Welcome to Ex-C btw!