Goodbye Jesus

Women Have Reproductive Duty, Says 'rhythm' Doctor

SilentLoner

A young woman was refused the birth control pill because she had not yet done her "reproductive job".

Melissa Pont, 23, said her family practitioner, Dr Joseph Lee, would not renew her pill prescription, instead lecturing her on a baby's right to live and on using the rhythm method, an unreliable family planning technique that involves having sex only at certain times of the month.

Lee, a doctor at Wairau Community Clinic in Blenheim, stood by his views and actions. "I don't want to interfere with the process of producing life," the Catholic father-of-two told the Herald on Sunday.

Lee also does not prescribe condoms, and encourages patients as young as 16 to use the rhythm method.

Teen pregnancy might be a girl's "destiny", he said, and it was certainly not as bad as same- sex marriage.

The only circumstances in which he would prescribe the contraceptive pill would be if a woman wanted space between pregnancies, or had at least four children.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10897927

What an asshat. They actually let people like this graduate med school?

Time to get a new doctor.  I hope all his patients abandon him.

• Like 4

So why does he only have two children? It sounds like the rhythm method is interfering with his god's plan for him having 9 or 10 good little Catholic children to brainwash.

I would so be abandoning that doctor and advising all my friends and family to ditch him as well. I'll have my children on my own time, and it is out of respect that children are a huge responsibility. Once I have children that is it, they are my primary responsibility and it is my duty to ensure they grow up into responsible adults.  At this point in my life I don't feel I can take on that responsibility right now. So that "doctor" can kiss my ass. 

• Like 2

A young woman was refused the birth control pill because she had not yet done her "reproductive job".

Melissa Pont, 23, said her family practitioner, Dr Joseph Lee, would not renew her pill prescription, instead lecturing her on a baby's right to live and on using the rhythm method, an unreliable family planning technique that involves having sex only at certain times of the month.

Lee, a doctor at Wairau Community Clinic in Blenheim, stood by his views and actions. "I don't want to interfere with the process of producing life," the Catholic father-of-two told the Herald on Sunday.

Lee also does not prescribe condoms, and encourages patients as young as 16 to use the rhythm method.

Teen pregnancy might be a girl's "destiny", he said, and it was certainly not as bad as same- sex marriage.

The only circumstances in which he would prescribe the contraceptive pill would be if a woman wanted space between pregnancies, or had at least four children.

I'd file a complaint with the AMA after getting a new doctor. And what's this about prescribing condoms? They're over the counter. omg.

So why does he only have two children? It sounds like the rhythm method is interfering with his god's plan for him having 9 or 10 good little Catholic children to brainwash.

Really, let's see a full quiver, Dr. Butthead! Make momma pump out 20 kids.

I'd file a complaint with the AMA after getting a new doctor. And what's this about prescribing condoms? They're over the counter. omg.

Well this moron is in New Zealand, so whatever the AMA equivalent is there I hope can take issue. 

Please tell me that prescriptions are not required in New Zealand for condoms.

As for prescriptions for birth control pills, the guy's an idiot.

I cant stand all  these women complaining about their "rights" lol yeah right get back down and be the receptacles for  baby making juice that you are!!!!!! I NEED  BABIES FEED  ME  MAURICE FEED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woman's issues aside, can't the Catholic Church tell that Earth is full of people fighting for limited resources and having no proper birth control leads to famine and war?

Woman's issues aside, can't the Catholic Church tell that Earth is full of people fighting for limited resources and having no proper birth control leads to famine and war?

I was just thinking the same thing. 

Wow!  I would take my business else where.  Seriously, I've bought condoms at the register before.  You don't have to go to the pharmacy.

I'm thinking this guy is probably a member of some church, and all the members are encouraged to go to him -- kind of a captive audience. Just like the plumber at our church that everyone uses; everybody knows him and recommends him, just human nature. Scary to think how many young women go to this doc.

It reminds me a little of my former church in another way -- the youth minister was a 24-year-old virgin woman, and proud of it. Honestly, teenage girls are having sex (duh!), and I would not want my 16-year-old girl who is having problems with her boyfriend going to this woman for guidance. (My daughter is only 7, but I'm just sayin'.)

Lol, this doctor is an absolute lunatic. WendyDoh.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Guest Babylonian Dream

Reproductive duty.... I just....

Has it ever occurred to them how incredibly stupid they sound?

It's probably just his standard pick-up line.  If the girls seem into the idea that's when he makes his move fulfilling their "destiny."

mwc

This doesn't even make logical sense. He tells her that she can't have birth control because it's her duty to be a mindless baby-bot, but then turns around and teaches her the rhythm method which can be used to predict ovulation and thus avoid pregnancy.

Wut.

Disgusting.  Obviously he's a repeat client of the Stupidity Faerie and should be barred worldwide from practising medicine.

Or perhaps sent back to med school, and used for colonoscopy practice.

This is a commonly held belief that is not true

We could easily support what we ahve here we just all suck at actually managing it in a way that works like that. You cannot say you don't ahve enough when so few control so much and keep it from those that need. It is not a shortage in reality it is the illusion of such so they can keep using it as a system of control for the under educated and those being held down by tyranny and religious tyranny.

It is our fault as a race that we allow poverty and hunger to exist. We don't have to but we allow it to persist anyway.

It is our fault as a race that we allow poverty and hunger to exist. We don't have to but we allow it to persist anyway.

Yes, but we don't need need to care for these people or the rest of the planet because the rapture will happen soon, and Jesus will come and take it all away any minute now...

Yes, but we don't need need to care for these people or the rest of the planet because the rapture will happen soon, and Jesus will come and take it all away any minute now...

So I can quit my job rob banks and then repent just before and get whisked off to play golf in the pearly links?

Guest ThereIsNoGod

If you're going to say to women "It's your responsibility to repopulate the planet" then you have to say the same to men otherwise it's a double standard when men claim they play an equal role in producing children to repopulate the planet. People say "Women, it's your responsibility" as if women carry MORE of the responsibility than men, but then when men start to feel inferior they maintain that men play an equal part in the process. 

We could easily support what we ahve here we just all suck at actually managing it in a way that works like that. You cannot say you don't ahve enough when so few control so much and keep it from those that need. It is not a shortage in reality it is the illusion of such so they can keep using it as a system of control for the under educated and those being held down by tyranny and religious tyranny.

The birth rate is not going down.  Population continues to climb exponentially.  The resources are finite.  Our ability to distribute them is limited.  The result is starvation and war.  Are you going to say there is no war and there is no hunger?  Standing on a soap box and telling the rich to give away all they have won't fix the problem.  The third world needs to industrialize.

So I can quit my job rob banks and then repent just before and get whisked off to play golf in the pearly links?

Yes! But do it quickly, because the rapture will be here any minute, don't ya know! Never mind that our grandparents were told the same thing when they were young churchgoers, and our parents were told the same thing when they were young churchgoers, but here we still are. But yes, any minute now...

(I assume you all know I am mocking the rapture, just in case my sarcasm is not clear.)  firedevil.gif

The birth rate is not going down.  Population continues to climb exponentially.  The resources are finite.  Are ability to distribute them is limited.  The result is starvation and war.  Are you going to say there is no war and there is no hunger?  Standing on a soap box and telling the rich to give away all they have won't fix the problem.  The third world needs to industrialize.

Yes, I agree we stink at managing, but since that is not changing anytime soon and out of a lot of people's control it makes no sense to keep popping out babies.  I'm sure it'll eventually even out, but not if women are made out to be baby factories. The third world does need to industrialize. Hopefully, it's on it's way.....

Yes! But do it quickly, because the rapture will be here any minute, don't ya know! Never mind that our grandparents were told the same thing when they were young churchgoers, and our parents were told the same thing when they were young churchgoers, but here we still are. But yes, any minute now...

(I assume you all know I am mocking the rapture, just in case my sarcasm is not clear.)  firedevil.gif

Damn, I had my mask on and everything............