Goodbye Jesus

Any Cedarville University Alums Out There?

questioneverything

Just wondering if there's anyone out there that went to the 'Ville, and has since deconverted.   Let me know!!

Well, my Christian high school was nearby, and we went to the Cedarville campus at the beginning of every school year as a sort of field trip. Lots of people from my high school did end up going there. 

My older sister applied for a job at Cedarville as a professor, and she was offered the job... until they noticed she had checked "divorced" on the application. Then they called her, alarmed, and asked if that was true. She explained that she got married at age 19 during college, and her husband turned into an alcoholic, then a violent abusive alcoholic, and she divorced him at age 28. "We don't hire divorced people," they told her. Some of the people who'd been so excited to hire her sounded genuinely remorseful, but what a sick policy, right? 

I told her she dodged a bullet. 

Got married at 19 in college and stuck it out until 28? Wow. I got married out of college the week after my 20th birthday (yeah, I was one of those over-achievers who graduated college at 19), and only stayed married until 22. He was wonderful and the perfect husband -- perfect for someone other than me. (It was an amicable split, we were just not right for each other.)

We got married so young so we could go to grad school together out of state and live together, and our Christian families don't want us living in sin, you know! I'm wondering if your sister has been the victim of Christianity twice now... married early to avoid living in sin, then discriminated against for being divorced. Nice system they have going there.

As for Cedarville, no sorry... never heard of it. As for your deconversion... yay for you!

RaLeah - that doesn't surprise me one bit.  How DARE she divorce her abusive alcoholic husband!  Doesn't she know she's supposed to serve her master all her days?  Maybe if she read her Bible a little more closely, she would have known her place as a woman.  ;-)

She definitely dodged a bullet, though if she applied, I'm assuming she's was/is a believer...