Goodbye Jesus

Feeling Like A Bad Person For Thinking This But....

greylight

So, one of the members of my church I used to go to has been battling a health condition with her lungs all her life. Recently, the doctors told her she was ready to get a lung transplant. The family and church came together and started a fundraiser to help the family out with expenses ect. Then I see an event on my FB for a prayer event for this girl at the church. I even see praises and thank yous to god on my FB because of this. Fortunately, she now has a donated pair of lungs, and people from the church are thanking god. I'm thinking, um maybe it's the fact that people actually donated money and the doctors worked their asses off to help this girl that she is going to live. There is only human intervention. If there was divine intervention god could have come down and healed her from suffering her entire life, and people and doctors would have been amazed at this miracle. And I understand people use god as a coping mechanism?? But now it just seems ridiculous and I feel like rolling my eyes whenever I see people posting about this. I feel like I'm a bad person for doing this too, because if it's helping her cope with the illness then I shouldn't care so much.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Meh. It's stupid and you can't help but see it. Just be supportive and let her get comfort however she can. It's a damn shame a nonexistent being gets credit for the work of real people.

Not to mention that from the story you've relayed, there doesn't seem to be much thanks for the person who donated their lungs. Yes, that person doesn't need them anymore, but not a lot of people are organ donors so this should be regarded as a big deal.

So, one of the members of my church I used to go to has been battling a health condition with her lungs all her life. Recently, the doctors told her she was ready to get a lung transplant. The family and church came together and started a fundraiser to help the family out with expenses ect. Then I see an event on my FB for a prayer event for this girl at the church. I even see praises and thank yous to god on my FB because of this. Fortunately, she now has a donated pair of lungs, and people from the church are thanking god. I'm thinking, um maybe it's the fact that people actually donated money and the doctors worked their asses off to help this girl that she is going to live. There is only human intervention. If there was divine intervention god could have come down and healed her from suffering her entire life, and people and doctors would have been amazed at this miracle. And I understand people use god as a coping mechanism?? But now it just seems ridiculous and I feel like rolling my eyes whenever I see people posting about this. I feel like I'm a bad person for doing this too, because if it's helping her cope with the illness then I shouldn't care so much.

So you feel bad because you don't need childlike reasons that things happen?

Because you don't believe in god?

God didn't do jack shit here. As you sad people did this. Let them be deluded and go about your business. I personally always suggest deleting your FB page considering it is nothing but poison in the long run or at least block all your or remove all your deluded "friends".

You shouldn't care so much at least not about what this other person(s) believes. worry about what you think and I don't think you will feel so bad.

If anything were there a god he would be the dick in this case for not taking better care of his follower and letting the rest them do his job.

Fifty years ago, this person would have died. I guess their god got smarter and more powerful in the interim!

• Like 2

Fifty years ago, this person would have died. I guess their god got smarter and more powerful in the interim!

BOOM!

I don't like to see credit go to the wrong person / thing either. Of course it rankles. 

I still think it's a good idea to resist the urge to rain on anyone's Stupid-Pride Parade.

Roll your eyes all you like (and don't feel even the tiniest pang of guilt for it), but come rant about it on here instead of on their FB pages. 

A FB friend of mine is slipping into the depths of full christardism so I see God stuff all the time from her now. She wanted prayers for a 'minor procedure' the other day. I felt like telling her I'd say a 'minor prayer' but fought off that temptation. If you feel like having fun make up your own little pics with captions to post on FB. Maybe a pic with a doctor on it that says, "Praise Doctors for their expertise." Cuz you know that if people didn't use their 'free will' to choose to be a doctor or nurse or other medical career then hospitals would be in a world of hurt.

• Like 1

Too bad God keeps allowing lots of people to keep dying of cancer.

Too bad God keeps allowing lots of people to keep dying of cancer.

Well, he just hasn't got that figured out yet. Maybe in another 100 years he'll get it done.