Goodbye Jesus

Jesus Loves The Little Children Of The World

Margee

This incident has affected me so much, I can't believe it. I was so depressed over this incident yesterday, that I cried all afternoon. What I think I was crying about was the tremendous amount of suffering that humans have to go through surviving life.

Wow that is so self defeating. You didn't do this. I understand you feel bad but 10's of thousands of people die a day and many in far worse ways than that. Many of them children starve to death but I don't see anyone crying over that here or really anywhere.

It is a terrible thing but if I let every terrible thing that happens affect me I would have killed myself a long time ago.

Step back and take breath. Try and distance youreslf from this before it causes you harm.

Thanks gall...and you are sooooooo right. I should not let this get to me at all.

My mother used to constantly tell me to 'harden my heart and stiffin' my neck' and get ready for the hard knocks of life. She used to say to me, ''Margee, you're going to spend your whole life cryin''!  And so I did!! Because I have this super-duper sensitive personality that won't go away no matter how hard I try. woohoo.gif  I couldn't.. no matter how hard I tried... get that 'hard heart'. This type of personality is so stupid (It's a fucking curse) that I actually stayed in an abusive marriage because he could be 'nice' sometimes.. I can 'pretend' to have that hard heart and sometimes get real nasty but I always feel bad if I'm nasty. Can't win. (I am getter better as I get older, I think?) I can also be a nasty ole' bitch when my buttons are pushed to the limit.

I have worked as a hairdresser for 40 years and have heard just about every horror story you can imagine from the hundreds of customers I had in my clientele over that time. In fact, this was one of the things that made me question the god of the bible who was supposed to be helping all these people out.  I have heard everything from children being killed by cars.... to suicides of husbands, wives, children, grandchildren, brothers, sisters...... to murders - You name it.. I  heard it. Except the 15 foot snake story. That's a new one for me. I have also cried over all the suffering in the world and I have been through much suffering myself..... This web-site has helped to heal me to a great degree and I am very grateful.

It was highly recommended  a year ago that I take a break from my job which I have done. There are posts here that I can't read or watch because they affect me so bad. I come here to read about the people who are deconverting.

There was just something about that snake story that blew me out the door. I got 'triggered' real bad. I fell asleep picturing how the kids must have felt as the life was being squeezed out of them. I visualized how the mother of these two will NEVER be the same person again. You know, I even felt a little compassion for the big ole' ugly snake. It didn't asked to be born a snake. It was doing an instinctive thing.

I do everything in my power to try and change these thoughts, but sometimes they just haunt me.. I actually cursed the invisible god yesterday.  It was crazy! I went out on my balcony and looked straight up in the sky and put my fist up to the invisible prick, just like I used to. 

...you are right, I have cried more in my life than laughed. So when you say, stand back and take a breathe.....I am doing my best to do that again for the 50th million time in my life. I do try to laugh a lot more now. I just get very discouraged sometimes that life can be so cruel. I have a real hard time with that....but I do, do my best to accept 'life on life's terms'.

Thanks for caring. *hug*

• Like 2

I just found the scripture that fixes everything!! yellow.gif

John 16:33, jesus says, (listen up!!)

'' I've told you this so that my peace will be with you. woohoo.gif  In the world you will have suffering and trouble. vent.gif    But cheer up! biggrin.png  For I have overcome the world." jesus.gif

I feel so much better now that I have read my bible..........happydance.gif

Yay!  I knew the answer was the ecosystem but I had no idea how to explain it. Caretakers make sense to me. Thanks, VacuumFlux!!

We have done a lot to rid ourselves of the dangers present in the wild! In this case, it is people's insistence that snakes make good pets that is responsible for these children's deaths. We could pass laws against owning them!

Laws in this area might not be such a bad idea since some people are just obsessed with exotic or weird pets. 

We have done a lot to rid ourselves of the dangers present in the wild! In this case, it is people's insistence that snakes make good pets that is responsible for these children's deaths. We could pass laws against owning them!

Just what we need more laws the replace common sense. I love the accountability of the humans...I really fucking utterly love it how can I to be as ridiculous as all this?

Yeah, sadly, some people just don't really think about the dangers to themselves or others regarding certain animals. Like that woman who got eaten by her pet tiger several years back You would think common sense would dictate, "Hey, having a tiger as a PET might be a BAD idea. I COULD just go to the shelter and get a domesticated kitten that is much safer and less likely to eat me. And since so many cities are suffering from severe cat overpopulation, I'll also be helping society in general."  But noooooo, that would be too easy. So we need laws to help the people that lack basic critical thinking skills or common sense. lol  Sad indeed. 

This incident has affected me so much, I can't believe it. I was so depressed over this incident yesterday, that I cried all afternoon. What I think I was crying about was the tremendous amount of suffering that humans have to go through surviving life.

Wow that is so self defeating. You didn't do this. I understand you feel bad but 10's of thousands of people die a day and many in far worse ways than that. Many of them children starve to death but I don't see anyone crying over that here or really anywhere.

It is a terrible thing but if I let every terrible thing that happens affect me I would have killed myself a long time ago.

Step back and take breath. Try and distance youreslf from this before it causes you harm.

Thanks gall...and you are sooooooo right. I should not let this get to me at all.

My mother used to constantly tell me to 'harden my heart and stiffin' my neck' and get ready for the hard knocks of life. She used to say to me, ''Margee, you're going to spend your whole life cryin''!  And so I did!! Because I have this super-duper sensitive personality that won't go away no matter how hard I try. woohoo.gif  I couldn't.. no matter how hard I tried... get that 'hard heart'. This type of personality is so stupid (It's a fucking curse) that I actually stayed in an abusive marriage because he could be 'nice' sometimes.. I can 'pretend' to have that hard heart and sometimes get real nasty but I always feel bad if I'm nasty. Can't win. (I am getter better as I get older, I think?) I can also be a nasty ole' bitch when my buttons are pushed to the limit.

I have worked as a hairdresser for 40 years and have heard just about every horror story you can imagine from the hundreds of customers I had in my clientele over that time. In fact, this was one of the things that made me question the god of the bible who was supposed to be helping all these people out.  I have heard everything from children being killed by cars.... to suicides of husbands, wives, children, grandchildren, brothers, sisters...... to murders - You name it.. I  heard it. Except the 15 foot snake story. That's a new one for me. I have also cried over all the suffering in the world and I have been through much suffering myself..... This web-site has helped to heal me to a great degree and I am very grateful.

It was highly recommended  a year ago that I take a break from my job which I have done. There are posts here that I can't read or watch because they affect me so bad. I come here to read about the people who are deconverting.

There was just something about that snake story that blew me out the door. I got 'triggered' real bad. I fell asleep picturing how the kids must have felt as the life was being squeezed out of them. I visualized how the mother of these two will NEVER be the same person again. You know, I even felt a little compassion for the big ole' ugly snake. It didn't asked to be born a snake. It was doing an instinctive thing.

I do everything in my power to try and change these thoughts, but sometimes they just haunt me.. I actually cursed the invisible god yesterday.  It was crazy! I went out on my balcony and looked straight up in the sky and put my fist up to the invisible prick, just like I used to. 

...you are right, I have cried more in my life than laughed. So when you say, stand back and take a breathe.....I am doing my best to do that again for the 50th million time in my life. I do try to laugh a lot more now. I just get very discouraged sometimes that life can be so cruel. I have a real hard time with that....but I do, do my best to accept 'life on life's terms'.

Thanks for caring. *hug*

You're just very empathatic and feel for others a lot. Feeling so much can be good to a certain degree but also harmful to another degree. You absorb other people's emotions and are sensitive.  I once cried at a commercial for toothpaste; I don't think I'm as sensitive now, but I used to cry all the time, my mom constantly got onto me for crying, too.  Being an empath can be a rough life.  I don't know if you've ever read tips on it or how to try to "block" other people's emotions/agony from your own feelings, but here is the wiki on it with some basic tips: 

The story is very, VERY sad and I feel awful for the woman and her two boys.  I hope she seeks out a grief counselor to help her deal with the overwhelming feelings she has to be going through. We can try to prevent a tragedy like from happening again in the future by brainstorming ways to keep children safe from exotic snakes.  MisterTwo has already pointed out the best way.  

Don't worry about "bad" days or "trigger" days.  It happens to us all depending on what we are dealing with. The story is horrific and sad.  

*hugs* 
  • Like 1

You might just want to google the wiki--- "how to stop absorbing other people's emotions"  It IS there. It just keeps giving me a broken link. 

• Like 1

I feel so much better now that I have read my bible..........happydance.gif

Margee, you what?  You read the bible?  Holy shit, you can't do that, you'll get sucked back into Christianity!  Now we need to lay hands on you, quick!  Gather around people, we have a situation here!

Don't worry Margee, we'll save you...

Shambala-walla-balla-galla-malla-bong-bong  screams.gif

• Like 1

Don't worry Margee, we'll save you...

Shambala-walla-balla-galla-malla-bong-bong  :screams:

*joins hands with Denyoz*

Tingalla-bingwalla-denzelwashingtalla-galla-ting-ting :screams:

• Like 1

I read where keeping such an animal as an African Rock Python is illegal in that province.  It is the height of stupidity to keep such an animal in any proximity to where humans, especially children, are living. And with an air vent into the cage! Idiotic. Snakes are extremely good at escaping.

I understand the police have also removed other reptiles being kept there illegally.

The snake was there for over 10 years and suddenly it got free. Who knows the mind of a snake, but one zoologist said it was probably very disoriented and wrapped around the first thing it could hang onto.  Anyway, it is a huge tragedy.

I like snakes, but the small, non-poisonous ones. 

I read where keeping such an animal as an African Rock Python is illegal in that province.  It is the height of stupidity to keep such an animal in any proximity to where humans, especially children, are living. And with an air vent into the cage! Idiotic. Snakes are extremely good at escaping.

I understand the police have also removed other reptiles being kept there illegally.

The snake was there for over 10 years and suddenly it got free. Who knows the mind of a snake, but one zoologist said it was probably very disoriented and wrapped around the first thing it could hang onto.  Anyway, it is a huge tragedy.

I like snakes, but the small, non-poisonous ones. 

Thanks Deva.

Here's the whole story.

I find the whole thing totally disturbing and as I read in the last couple of days, I am not the only one, who this particular story bothers. So at least I'm not alone. It's easy for us to say people die everyday and yes, that is true, but some incidences on earth are very disturbing. This was for me. I have pity for anyone who has to say goodbye to a loved one. Every time an ambulance goes screaming through town, my heart always feels bad that someone is going to get very bad news. Maybe death is just becoming really real to me? I don't know? I feel quite lucky that I've lived this long.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/python-attacks-lead-to-questions-over-exotic-animal-ownership/article13608312/

I was just remembering how easy the answers were when you were a Christian. I would just pick up the phone and call my long time friend, the pastors wife and she would reassure me that god's ways are mysterious and how he would turn this all around for good. Simple. It still disturbed me but at least I had some kind of answer. Yes, I would leave this all in god's hands like she used to suggest.

I'd like to call her today and ask her how she would feel if it was her that was burying her two dear little grandchildren tonight, like the mother of those two boys has to do.

Isn't this really an issue of a pet store owner not properly securing his stock?

I thought that is what I had read but maybe it was a privately owned snake and I missed that part?

Snakes do not make bad pets anymore than hampsters do. When properly cared for. I am not talking about owning 5 meter snakes either. Small tank snakes of which I have owned many are in no way a threat and I never personally buy any that are poison injecting... I would not have a 3-5 meter snake in my house.

We are not animals. We have to control any animals we have. The snake is not to blame here for doing what it is instinctually programmed to do. It does not have a sense of ethics or "good and evil" even though a lot of people try and humanize animals for their own emotional purposes. Only people to blame here is bad judgement on a pet store owner unless I have gone retarded.

You might just want to google the wiki--- "how to stop absorbing other people's emotions"  It IS there. It just keeps giving me a broken link. 

.....you are a darling kolaida. kiss.gif

I'm going to do more research on being an 'empath' today. I was told that I was an empath. Thank you so much for reminding me that this is my problem. As you say, it's nice to have empathy for people but empaths suck in all the emotions of others. It's a true curse.

• Like 1

The fact is, Margee, that anything can happen to a person. It boggles the mind the different ways people can die. There are no guarantees that we die peacefully.   This particular way of dying by snake constriction, is extremely rare, but it does happen from time to time.  I remember reading of a case here in Florida.

I saw a show once on TV of a disease that gradually makes your body as stiff as a piece of wood and eventually kills you, but it takes many years. The person decides if they want to remain in a permanently upright position or seated, as they start to freeze, then they are put in a chair or strapped to a board device.  It showed this guy strapped into an upright wheeled device rolling around. Their minds stay intact so they know what is happening to them. For some reason that show particularly disturbed me.  For me, given the possible ways to die, the slow, body breaking down method disturbs me more. There are many really bad ways to die.

Of course, this is still tragic.

Having owned a snake, I found it to be a fascinating creature. I only had it for a year, then it died of some unknown cause. I don't see anything wrong with keeping snakes or reptiles, but ones dangerous to people should be restricted to at minimum possessing a permit that demonstrates some education on the animals. And yes, some should be illegal.

Thanks to all the replies. I always appreciate when the 'gang' helps me to try and understand situations on earth. Thanks for the 'light-hearted' posts that make me laugh. Ex-c has always come through for me.

Some people come here with the desperate fear of hell. Why did I get through that so easy? Some have such a terrible time and they suffer so much. It's always the cruelties of life that get to me.

OK...so I've been thinking about this non-stop since I heard about it.

If we are really evolving as a conscious (smart) species wink.png  and we have the means to destroy the whole world by pushing a button, (as they say) why can't we start getting rid of these ancient reptiles? What purpose do they serve? Does anyone know? Why do we need the alligators, the snakes, the bugs that kill, etc... Can't we start to get them off the planet  and clean house a little? Why aren't we beginning to lower the earth's unsafe, non conscious animals and mammals who go through a lifetime just running on instinct? Do we just accept that this is the way it is? Evolution taking place? Just  call everything a 'terrible' accident when someone gets eaten alive by a lion or alligator or suffocate a slow death as a 15 foot snake is sucking the life out of you? First time in my life I'd like to own a gun. I'd shoot them. Isn't it time to get rid of the dinosaurs as well as the stupid ancient religions?

We've tried that before, and sometimes our meddling has pretty bad unintended consequences. Now, I'd say that introducing large, dangerous, human-eating predators into a non-native habitat is a pretty stupid thing to do (we should have been WAY more careful about bringing snakes here in the first place, or what we've done to so many other ecosystems when we've introduced predators that have no natural checks on their populations). But, on the other hand, a lot of native predators are part of the ecosystem's balance. We killed off most of the wolves because we didn't like them eating our cattle, so now the deer are overpopulated and we die by running our cars into them (and cause suffering to the deer we hit, and damage the plants by the stress on them from supporting way more deer than they should be feeding).

I think there are some plans to try to kill off the big snakes, but first you have to find them all, and then they're pretty dangerous. So there's a system in place where spotters call in sightings, and trained people go out to take care of 'em. http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/regions/northamerica/unitedstates/florida/howwework/stopping-a-burmese-python-invasion.xml

I'm also a little nervous about asserting that mamilian predators (like the big cats) are just running on instinct. Reptiles, maybe. But I think we've seen enough evidence of the large mamals shows empathy (at least for their own kind) and social behavior that I'd have a hard time ethically justifying killing them off.

As for the bugs.... we're working on that with mosquitos. They're hard to kill, the pesticides can harm other things in the environment that will negatively impact humans, and they do provide food for birds and frogs and all sorts of things. And with bugs, they breed fast - we kill off one thing that hurts us, and another will likely evolve. Kinda like how our misuse of antibiotics means we're only temporarily lowering the levels of human disease while breeding super-bacteria that we have no treatments for.

We're part of the planet, part of the ecosystem, not something separate and above it. I think it's a mistake to think of it as us "owning" the place, because unlike rearranging the furniture in our house, everything in the ecosystem is interconnected and we often end up breaking something we didn't even know was related when we make changes. We're more of... caretakers, I guess? It's ok to tweak things, to landscape and all that, as long as we're careful and thoughtful about it. We've been doing that for longer than written history, to the point that the vast majority of our food crops are species we bred to be the most tasty, easy to farm, and nutritious for us. So I'm not against adjusting nature to suit our needs, just vary wary of making large changes because of how many times our fixes have been worse than the original problem.

VF, you always have so much wonderful knowledge to present to us. Thank you hon. I really appreciate it.