Goodbye Jesus

Collective Conscious

Storm

I've been wondering if anybody has tried testing telepathy with animal or hypnotized subjects.

Animals might have several advantages:

- human evolution of speech may have caused us to lose our telepathic genes but animals may still have theirs

- animals don't know telepathy is impossible and that might be helpful

- it would be possible to convince an animal that it is in mortal danger without actually endangering it. For example a baby parrot in a cage could be frightened by the presence of a nearby cat and we could see if the behavior of the mother parrot in a distant location changes in response.

Hypnotized human subjects have similar advantages:

- a hypnotized person is extremely confident and obedient (for example surgery is possible without anesthesia in some people)

- a hypnotized person could be put in imaginary danger with a hypnotized parent in a distant location

• Super Moderator

I've been wondering if anybody has tried testing telepathy with animal or hypnotized subjects.

- human evolution of speech may have caused us to lose our telepathic genes but animals may still have theirs

- it would be possible to convince an animal that it is in mortal danger without actually endangering it. For example a baby parrot in a cage could be frightened by the presence of a nearby cat and we could see if the behavior of the mother parrot in a distant location changes in response.

- a hypnotized person is extremely confident and obedient (for example surgery is possible without anesthesia in some people)

- a hypnotized person could be put in imaginary danger with a hypnotized parent in a distant location

William Braud has taken an approach like this. He claims some success, but he went into it already believing things such as prayer causes faster healing in patients. Of course there are several other studies the show the opposite. His bias is suspect, but I hope he's onto something. Animals are sensitive in ways humans aren't and hypnotism focuses concentration, so who knows? If some other people can get the same statistical correlations, we might be onto an avenue worth pursuing. I haven't heard of any corroborating studies yet.

Rupert Shedrake has done experiments with animal and human telepathy. Here is one study:

http://www.sheldrake.org/Articles&Papers/papers/animals/parrot_telepathy_abs.html

I see it as a certain world view that is threatened and therefore the phenomenon is dismissed because it cannot be explained within the framework of said world view.

It would be an exciting new field for science to pursue, but evidence hasn't been forthcoming. Most people, even scientists, want answers. The people with a world view to protect seem to be those other than the scientists. That's not to say that some researchers don't fight to hang on to their pet theories.

I personally think it is exciting that there is so much evidence that telepathy exists. 

If there was "so much evidence" we wouldn't be having this discussion. Perhaps you are referring to personal anecdotes.

I think most people have a world view - a lot of them just haven't worked it out enough to consciously realize what it is.  There is a lot of published evidence and that is mainly what I am referring to.

I will say this, I agree with Florduh for the most part that the evidence is lacking. I obviously have not done exhaustive research and I have only recently begun to review some of the published papers, but from what I have seen so far, there isn't anything I would call definitive proof. However, some of the things I have seen appear, to me, to be promising and warrant further study. I will continue to seek out more about this as I can. I hope people will use this discussion to present information and to just discuss what it means to them. I am specifically interested in Telepathy, and I will admit that I am somewhat more skeptical about things such as precognition and actual mind reading for the purpose of gathering thoughts and memories of other people. But I would also say that if telepathy is found to be valid and true, then it could probably be argued that the others could indeed be true as well.

I will say this, I agree with Florduh for the most part that the evidence is lacking. I obviously have not done exhaustive research and I have only recently begun to review some of the published papers, but from what I have seen so far, there isn't anything I would call definitive proof. However, some of the things I have seen appear, to me, to be promising and warrant further study. I will continue to seek out more about this as I can. I hope people will use this discussion to present information and to just discuss what it means to them. I am specifically interested in Telepathy, and I will admit that I am somewhat more skeptical about things such as precognition and actual mind reading for the purpose of gathering thoughts and memories of other people. But I would also say that if telepathy is found to be valid and true, then it could probably be argued that the others could indeed be true as well.

You will not find any creditable proof for telepathy or divination or any of it. If a person could read your mind flat out read it I promise beyond all doubt they would keep it a secret. Do you have any idea who would be after you if you could realiably and truly do this. Every first world governemnt in the world would be trying to get their hands on you. You would become an experiment and treated as subhuman test subject.

Maybe it is possible because of genetic mutation something like this exists. I see no proof or evidence that is creditable and for now will be keeping my tin foil hat in the drawer.

Precognition is impossible to any accuracy in a quantum universe. There are endless possiblities so even if you could see some or one it would not be all that valuable as it would be impossible to tell which will come to pass and which are just likely to. it really is more complex than this but I am not a physicist.

Rupert Shedrake has done experiments with animal and human telepathy. Here is one study:

http://www.sheldrake.org/Articles&Papers/papers/animals/parrot_telepathy_abs.html

That's interesting. I know I felt like I had telepathy with my cat a few years ago. I was driving and I suddenly felt very concerned about my cat. Then when I got home it seemed like there was reason to be concerned. (But I'm not certain about that incident, because it might have been a hallucination.)

In general, it seems like researchers should use these anecdotes to design their experiments to recreate those conditions. For example, in most anecdotes about telepathy the receiver is not expecting or listening for a message. Also the message seems to be simply a vague feeling of concern for a family member, friend, or pet. Scientists need to design the experiments to simulate those conditions.

That's interesting. I know I felt like I had telepathy with my cat a few years ago. I was driving and I suddenly felt very concerned about my cat. Then when I got home it seemed like there was reason to be concerned. (But I'm not certain about that incident, because it might have been a hallucination.)

In general, it seems like researchers should use these anecdotes to design their experiments to recreate those conditions. For example, in most anecdotes about telepathy the receiver is not expecting or listening for a message. Also the message seems to be simply a vague feeling of concern for a family member, friend, or pet. Scientists need to design the experiments to simulate those conditions.

Really, Sheldrake wrote a book on animal/human telepathy. It was about dogs that are waiting for their masters to come home. It was absolutely fascinating. You would really like it.

That animal instinct/intuition stuff is teh shizzle.  Lurvz!

Really, Sheldrake wrote a book on animal/human telepathy. It was about dogs that are waiting for their masters to come home. It was absolutely fascinating. You would really like it.

Thanks, I have that book on my wish list now along with a book by William Braud from florduh's post.

BTW: That title reminds me of more anecdotal evidence. When I go on short trips I've been told that my cat is very quiet until about an hour before I get home. Then he starts meowing a lot.

If you cannot reproduce (not you and the cat) anecdotal evidence live before creditable reviewers in the public light expect no one with even a shred of skepticism in their life to do anything but balk and ask for this very proof.

Maybe you cat is the telepath :)

So human assisted telepathy has arrived... very interesting.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130827122713.htm

And the interesting thing is that they did it without the invasive brain operation that was done in the rat experiment. Its scary how fast this seems to be moving.