Goodbye Jesus

Dad Claiming A Friend With Connections To Dhs

zeldarocks

This morning, I was having a discussion with Dad over Climate Change, and he briefly mentioned that he has a friend who has a contact within the Department of Homeland Security: apparently, DHS is sending operatives to Austin, Texas in an attempt to thwart a terrorist attack. He told me not to mention it over Facebook or otherwise make it known, as it could cause panic and the contact could lose his job.

As to the accuracy of Dad's claims... I don't know what to say to that.

Zeldarocks, are there other family members you can talk to about this?  I think it might be time for an intervention here, as he's sounding delusional.

• Super Moderator

I don't buy it. What could terrorists do to fuck up Texas that Texans haven't already done?

Seriously, Dad needs help.

Terrorists in Austin are trying to perform a late-term abortion.  Don't worry...DHS is on the case.

mwc

Zeldarocks, are there other family members you can talk to about this?  I think it might be time for an intervention here, as he's sounding delusional.

I personally don't think it's necessary: he's told me that he doesn't "hear" God, it's more of an inner voice/influence. Furthermore, I think he got that bunch of crap from the likes of InfoWars and BeforeIt'sNews... Do I think he's entirely misguided? Absolutely. Do I think he's clinically insane? Not quite.

What is "Before it's News"? Is this another crazy conspiracy site? It looked crazy when I clicked on it just to check it out!!

Delusions are another form of psychosis.  One doesn't have to hear audible voices or see hallucinations to be in an episode that would be termed psychosis.  Paranoia and delusional thinking are just as much a part of it and can stand on their own.

What is "Before it's News"? Is this another crazy conspiracy site? It looked crazy when I clicked on it just to check it out!!

Ha ha.  No shit.  I read your post and checked them out.  There was the warning about Austin and crazy shit about Planet X and whatever other crazy crap they could find to post as "news."  I feel kind of dirty now.

mwc

Haha-- mwc!! I felt dirty too-- and that some of my brain cells were dying off!! No wonder poor Dad is thinking conspiracy- type thoughts!!

This morning, I was having a discussion with Dad over Climate Change, and he briefly mentioned that he has a friend who has a contact within the Department of Homeland Security: apparently, DHS is sending operatives to Austin, Texas in an attempt to thwart a terrorist attack. He told me not to mention it over Facebook or otherwise make it known, as it could cause panic and the contact could lose his job.

As to the accuracy of Dad's claims... I don't know what to say to that.

Shhhhhh. You don't want your Dad to have to move to Russia, do you? :-)

I personally don't think it's necessary: he's told me that he doesn't "hear" God, it's more of an inner voice/influence. Furthermore, I think he got that bunch of crap from the likes of InfoWars and BeforeIt'sNews... Do I think he's entirely misguided? Absolutely. Do I think he's clinically insane? Not quite.

Your dad sounds like my dad.  

Mine is 87, so we consider his delusions to be temporary. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I read the article in 'Before its news'. It even names the street in Austin and there is a document attached with contact officers and everything! If this is rel and someone has leaked this, that someone will be in trouble!

BUT ... I rather think that this has been doctored by someone.

The internet is the world's biggest toilet wall. And anyone can write anything on the toilet wall!