Goodbye Jesus

Is This Possible

ChristianGuy1000

Hey,

People always rant that that Jesus 'Saved' Them.  So by direct implication those of us here are the ones that Jesus 'Un-Saved'??  As based on their premise if Jesus 'Saved' them then it follows that Jesus can 'Unsave' a Person also.

So is it possible that Jesus is the one who made us Ex-Christians as opposed to ourselves?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Well, jebus didn't save or unsave me because he is not a deity. But for the sake of argument, I suppose it depends on your belief system. I was taught that once you are saved you are always saved. So now, I am technically still "saved" just a lost sheep on the wrong path. For the beliefs where people believe you can lose your salvation, I think the blame is put on the person. "Oh, YOU failed YOU went on the wrong path. So the holy spirit had to leave you, since you weren't fertile soil anymore". 

Determinism is a deep subject.  As far as the person of Jesus having anything to do with any of our decisions, he most likely only exists in our own minds, as does the concept of salvation.

Hey,

People always rant that that Jesus 'Saved' Them.  So by direct implication those of us here are the ones that Jesus 'Un-Saved'??  As based on their premise if Jesus 'Saved' them then it follows that Jesus can 'Unsave' a Person also.

So is it possible that Jesus is the one who made us Ex-Christians as opposed to ourselves?

I am not an ex anything. God is not "out there" helium is though and shit tons of carbon and hydrogen. I have already had to use this quote once today and I may have to a third time who can say

“It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” Dr. Carl Sagan

I did not become and ex christian and to make the assumption that your view is correct is small minded and arrogant.

Say this to yourself, jesus didn't do shit I did.

• Super Moderator

Possible in reality? No, that's just silly.

Possible in the context of the Bible? That's an ongoing doctrinal dispute for believers. The Book can support almost any position.

Ah is this a re-hash of the once saved always saved debate I always had as a Christian?

I was always in the 'I've repented whatever happens next that I trusted God now should count as much as when I don't and he will have mercccyyy.' camp.

Now I'm in the 'there's noone to unsave me' camp.

If there is a Jesus and he did just 'unsave' me then well he's a bit of a nob and I don't want to hang with him anyway.

The complete lack of any physical or historical evidence that a human being named Jesus of Nazareth ever existed in the flesh is pretty strong circumstantial evidence that he was a myth.

Myths can neither save or condemn anyone.

Umm....I don't think that he saved any people in the first place, so no, we are not un-saved, though some Xians do think that it is possible to lose salvation. Also, we ex-Xians lost our faith through reaching that conclusion on our own. X did not appear to us and tell us that he isn't "the way, truth and life."

I once asked a friend in middle school if it was possible to unscrew a girl.  

I believe the answer is the same in both cases.

• Like 1

Well, at one point in my life I thought I was saved.  Now I no longer believe.

Sometimes little kids believe in Santa Claus.  Then they no longer do.  Santa Claus didn't make them not believe.  They found out the truth.

So . . . Jesus didn't unsave me.  I quit believing.  All by myself.

• Like 1

Hardly.  One cannot be saved if there is no danger to begin with so the whole subject is moot.

If we're assuming a Christian paradigm rather than reality, then even by it's own rules, the only one who can truly cut themselves off is a person themself (Blaspheming the Holy Spirit).  Effectively it's something that makes us more powerful than that god (or exposes the whole statement that "God Loves You and is Omnipotent" as a bald-faced lie).

Like watery marinara, that's some weak sauce. 

Hey,

Planning on coming back and actually discussing your topic or what?

Hey,

I chose to believe.

I chose to reject that belief.

I doubt there is or ever was a Jesus outside of the thoughtform created by the wishes and prayers of 2.1 billion Christian people.