Goodbye Jesus

A Brief History Of Bunk

SciWalker

.  Once you start introducing ad hoc explanations it just grows and grows until you have a myth or a religion.

Slippery slope argument.

Actually it isn't. 

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/slippery-slope.html

When somebody says "Don't drink poison or you might die" this isn't a fallacy.  Likewise when you add unnecessary complexity to the worldview with every single step the complexity continues to grow.  This is addition.

You win the argument. :-) Enjoy your day.

Here's a hint there kids.....

http://www.ala.org/acrl/sites/ala.org.acrl/files/content/publications/booksanddigitalresources/booksmonographs/pil/pil52/ch3.pdf

You will note, you are now stretching your materialism.  The words are not the physical matter. 

So you are criticizing an idea that nobody holds?  Who are your opponents here?  If I'm your opponent in this debate then you should counter an idea that I actually believe.  If you want to counter an idea I don't believe then your opponent would be somebody who believes that other idea.  Can you identify them?

Ink on a page can be encoded by humans to match the meaning of an idea that is encoded in the electrical-chemicical activity of a human brain.  I don't see how any of those things are magic.

The words themselves are not the physical matter.  That is the point of the link in my previous post, regardless of how it is derived, it is STILL not the physical object and you are wanting to material reduction will not apply to this fact, well...unless you say there are physical items, that is about  it.  You cannot derive meaning other than existence from the physical, meaning comes from the words that describe the referent. 

I suggest you take a course on neural networks. If you have a decent one in your skull, it'll figure it out.

It takes an active will to make the chemical reactions take place to give the meaning in your mind. Matter just is, it takes a person/s with the will to give it meaning.

So it takes an active will (chemical reactions in the brain) to make the chemical reactions take place to give the meaning (chemical reactions in the brain) . . .

Are you smoking dope right now? How else can you be this profound?

Matter is just inert and only magic can animate it!

Then why do we all not have the same name for objects? You take a pencil, for example, the only thing you can prove materially is that it is an item of wood, graphite, metal and rubber. You cannot prove it is anything but it's base components. It takes an act of will and a shared agreement to call the combination a PENCIL, and that is only if you are speaking English. If you are speaking German, that combination of wood, graphite, metal and rubber is a "Bleistift". You cannot prove a pencil is a pencil no matter WHAT it is called by material reduction. There is a practical weakness of it and THAT is with a tangible product.

Pencils are magic too.