Goodbye Jesus

Punk Ass Kids Game

CliffordStamper

That was a sincere and legitimate Question. 

If you had started off sincere then maybe this conversation would have gone better.

Okay you want the answers.  Heb 13:8 says Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.  That means that Jesus who loves the whole world was the God who was commanding all the genocide in the Old Testament.  (It's a contradiction)

Mal 3:8 says that God does not change.  So, if Trinity were true, then the God who was commanding all the genocide in the Old Testament was also the God who loves the whole world so much that he wants everybody to be saved.  (Again a contradiction)

Psalm 119:89 says that God's word is firmly fixed and does not change.  (So it won't become "completed" and it won't get canceled.  There will be no New Covenant.)

Numbers 23:19 says that God does not change his mind and God is NOT a Son of Man.  (Wow talk about killing Christianity)

But just stop for a moment and think about it.  It God's will, law and views of sin change then that would make them relative.  That would mean one day God might love slavery and then a few thousand years later God might hate slavery.  No reason.  God just changes his mind.  That would mean all of God's commandments are arbitrary.  We have to obey because God told us - no other reason.  It makes God a dictator.  It means God is going to punish us for not mindlessly obeying his arbitrary law.

So which is it?  Is God a good and just father who is teaching us as best as we will co-operate or did God tell people that they could attack their neighboring countries, murder all of the adults, the women, the elderly, the little boys and spare only the little girls who were still virgins to keep for their own enjoyment?  Do you know what the Bible commands be done to those who try to lead the Jewish people to follow gods they have never heard of?  In the Old Testament God the Son is an unknown God.  The Holy Spirit is an unknown God.  Think about it, idolator.

For all we "KNOW" God could be a child playing with building blocks in another dimension or we could be nothing more than a lump in giant bowl of cosmic soup.  You might know why we exist on this big marble But I sure don't.  Nor can I tell you what His motivation  or purpose is.  

I cannot explain a lot of things , but I can tell you what I believe and why I believe it.  

"So which is it": You ask.  My answer is; "God is a good and just father who is teaching us as best as we will co-operate" .

So we already knew what you believed. Do you come here to do this because they won't put up with it on the christian forums?

I cannot explain a lot of things , but I can tell you what I believe and why I believe it.  

"So which is it": You ask.  My answer is; "God is a good and just father who is teaching us as best as we will co-operate" .

Well, you did one of those two things.  50% is pretty good...if we were flipping coins or something.

Anyhow, you're exactly right.  Your god is exactly however you've defined it in your opinion.  Well done.  I truly accept this god exists in your mind.  This is how it works and you've nailed it.

mwc

I have told you what I believe, you have told me what  you believe.  unless you have something  you would like to discuss our discussion is done.

I have told you what I believe, you have told me what  you believe.  unless you have something  you would like to discuss our discussion is done.

Our discussion is done.  Unless it's not that is.

No.  That's okay.  I've sat at the feet of the master long enough.

mwc

• Super Moderator

Clifford, take a class in reading comprehension then actually read a Bible. After you've done that, get back to us. Until then, you are just trolling nonsense.

I'll borrow Kevin's Big Hammer if I have to.

.......our discussion is done........

Thank the Loard!! Praise you my invisible Gawd....... woohoo.gif

• Like 2

For all we "KNOW" God could be a child playing with building blocks in another dimension or we could be nothing more than a lump in giant bowl of cosmic soup.  You might know why we exist on this big marble But I sure don't.  Nor can I tell you what His motivation  or purpose is.  

I'm glad to hear that you reject the Old Testament as man-made nonsense.  Good for you!  It's way too barbaric to be taken seriously.  You are on your first step in the journey to free thinking.

• Like 1

Nostalgia for OrdinaryClay, MadGerbil, Paul Manata...

The Gerb used to throw some really funny stuff around every now and then. I think... It has been a while. I think I remember actually liking MG. He shouldn't be grouped with THIS guy.

THIS guy is just... I dunno. Just kinda weird. :shrug:

Kinda sad, too, if he's legit.

*scratches balls -- moves along*

See you guys later.

Well, you did one of those two things.  50% is pretty good...if we were flipping coins or something.

Anyhow, you're exactly right.  Your god is exactly however you've defined it in your opinion.  Well done.  I truly accept this god exists in your mind.  This is how it works and you've nailed it.

mwc

Then stop replying "punk"... If you just need the last word then maybe you are the child you are bitching about. If you are going to try this stuff here might want to grow a thicker skin.

Clifford....

I AM the one you may properly call me your "punk assed kid". Mindya I'm recycled scooter trash that so far has lasted to fifty-two and managed to loose just ONE leg so far. Leather clad, condoms in riding vest top inside pocket, fuck anything mostly female, drink some, broke every goddamn rule you might imagine.

For some odd reason in Ex-Christian's Wayback Webmaster Dave found some utility to help manage the then hellova drunken brawl this joint oft turned into.

Clue you Cliff, ole son, ExC is the spot on net for those who need a spot for the PRIMAL SCREAM in their lives to help rip out whatever is hurting them, start a restoration to real.life, sanity, and self direction.

**I** do not give a flaming fuck from inside a rolling sugar frosted donut rolling down Main Street what your problem with ExC might be. Despite a lotta new-ish folks telling you to "....don't be such a troll.." and such, I encourage you blaze both guns away at, GET THIS, not at persons, but the info and source the present.

You can, are so free to do so, to tell me to go fuck myself, and I may be on my favorite net cam site anyway....

Have fun while you are here. If I find you are either trolling, or under "false colors or flag" yer outa here.

Oh yeah, remember Todd Carter today if nothing the fuck else.

kevin,BossesFenceRider,FL

Xians and non-Xians ,like little punk-assed kids poking at each other through the fence.,grabbing each others toys and trying to break them, beating each other over the dammed head with rediculess   straw-man  arguments. Patting each other on the back for how insulting, prejudice, bigoted, nasty, insensitive,  narrow fucking minded and just plain stupid you all can be

Where's your fucking score card !!!!!   You all are so Dammed consumed with playing the stupid assed game and winning each side has to have it's own score card. Where's Yours????What the Hell is the point value for hurting the feelings of another human being??? for insult, for embarrassing yourself or another in public, Is there bonus points for making fun of  an other's short comings an infirmities???? There has to be penalties for signs of kindness and understanding  Right?!?!?.

Got a rule book??I get that you got to pay to play. Somebody 's got to maintain the field (forum) Right?!?!?! So that means you have the right to bash the enemy behind their back for thinks you think they they think do or say???

No way any of you can can be accused of breaking any rule. If there was ever any form of guidelines or rules of conduct you all have thrown them out or burned them long time ago.  I get this part ,I really do . . . It's so much easier to make the rules as you go..  Ya makem ,then you breakem ,then you throw em away  easy as one, two ,three..Wendyloser.gif Makes it easier to sleep at night, doesn't it

If there are rules hiding around somewhere these would be them.

1. Don't give" them" an even break.

2 Get "them" before they get you

3 The only thing better than 5 on one is 7,8,,9, or 1000 on one.

4 Never miss a chance to poke at "them"

5 Do it now, justify it later

6 Always always Always always CLAIM the fame and PASS the blame 

7 Never ever ,ever, ever admit any fault or apologize 

8 Never let your conscience be your guide

9 sympathy is never acceptable 

10 True sincerity is never to be tolerated.

11 Never take prisoners

12 Never play by rules that can be explained or justified

What  Dammed PLAYING FIELD ?

Got no parameters. . Anything goes ,any  time any place. any way just so it  makes you happy. . "Their " beliefs", their family, their intelligence,  An uneven  field is required. You always have to have the advantage, what ever that may be. Can't be caught looking up to the enemy for any reason

As far as I can tell, this is the pot calling the kettle black. 

We're over here minding our own business, and then this guy comes in and pokes with a stick... just like he's saying other people do. 

I see this all the time. It's called projection. 

If he comes back in here, I hope he reads this:

Clifford, you don't have to be angry at people for disagreeing with each other. You don't have to convince anyone to stop believing what they believe and believe like you. You are only responsible for your own thoughts and actions, and if you're truly fed up with people fighting and arguing, you can choose to act with love and kindness and respect and consideration and be a shining example of goodness. You don't have to stir up your own anger or try to stir up anyone else's anger. You don't have to call people names and perpetuate the kind of behavior you say you can't stand. 

You can debate with people who believe differently than you do, or not. You can have a conversation and try to understand why people believe how they do, or you can choose to feel angry and hate them for being different from you. 

If you are a Christian, you have been taught that Christians should act out of love, not be quick to anger, but slow to wrath. I agree with that sentiment. I want to be patient and kind. Your own bible says, As much as you are able, live peaceable with all men. 

Your post seems angry and defensive. Maybe you think that by telling people here that they're wrong, you can bolster your own faith and feel justified that you stood up for it. You don't need to be that way. We have all been in your shoes; this is an ex-Christian site, and that means almost all of us have been Christians (some of us since we were very young), and we defended it as strongly as you are defending it now. 

But how did you find this site unless you are also having some doubts about your faith? I just want to say, it's okay to doubt. It's okay to question. It's okay to seek the truth. You can "seek and you will find." You can disagree with us. That's perfectly fine too. You don't have to feel angry and defensive though. We aren't infiltrating other websites and trying to tell people that they're wrong. We're just here supporting each other. 

If you do have any specific questions, they would be welcome here. Use a civil and respectful tone, and a lot of people here will give you an honest answer, if you do actually just want to see why we're on this site and why we believe the way we do. It's okay to question; in fact, it's healthy. 

We aren't evil, we aren't the devil trying to lead you astray. We're just humans, and we don't hate God, we aren't rebelling or plotting to destroy society or Christians (a lot of us have very dear friends and family members who are Christians.) We were all seeking truth, and it led us here. 

When I was a Christian, I thought atheists or anyone who left Christianity must have done it out of spite or a sinful nature or a desire to rebel and do sinful things. But that is not why I left. I stopped believing it. I tried to, I wanted to, but new knowledge that was indisputable to my brain interfered. And I simply couldn't believe it anymore, no more than I can believe in Santa Claus. That didn't mean I started to live like a crazy person with no conscience or care for myself or others. I didn't turn into a hedonist. I still live a very conservative lifestyle and do my best to help others. I have family members who are still devout Christians, and I do not try to talk them out of it or shame them for their beliefs. I don't poke them with sticks and try to stir up trouble. If any of them ask me what I believe and why, I tell them honestly, but I think they would rather not bring it up too much, and I never ever push it on them. 

But just like you, I used to be afraid of atheists. I thought they must have zero morals, no sense of right and wrong. I thought a conscience came from the holy spirit, and if you didn't believe in the holy spirit, you must be a sociopath or something. A person with no sense of morals or what right and wrong is. 

It turns out that isn't the case. Humans do have a sense of right and wrong, and it's part of our biology. All animals that live as social creatures (elephants, for instance) learn to cooperate, mourn their dead, bond with their family and friends. So do humans, whether they believe in God or not. This was a revelation (and relief) to me. 

You don't have to be afraid of other people who believe differently than you. Or angry with them. You can ignore them or insult them, or try to understand. Choose compassion, kindness, and empathy if you can. It makes for a happier and peaceful life. 

I wish you peace and understanding,

RaLeah

• Like 5

I'd ask that ya'll let the troll stay.  I mean, for one- we don't get many christians who stick around here.  It might be fun to chew on him a while.  It gets old trying to figure out what End3 is saying- at least this guy appears to be semi-literate.

And he wouldn't be here if he didn't have questions.  He's clearly an ass, but I think he's a curious too.

Please?  Can we keep the troll?  For a little while anyway?

• Like 2

RaLeah

I like you. You are a sincere and very nice.  You are a hero in my book.   One of the few people in this world to care about another more than what ignorance they be displaying at the time A Good Samaritan.

My frustration is from  the world condition and Christianity.  I hate to see pain and waste of faith and humanity.I'm having trouble reconciling  my faith with Christianity. My problem is my faith is strong and secure in spite of rather than because of my relationship to organized religion. My anger with the X xions because most of what is said in here about Christians is true  but that is not me .  I was called a troll, So I became one.  I became as much as I could what these people prejudged me to be.. I've been on both sides of this issue and what really gets to me is it is like looking into a mirror from both side.s  Both side standing at the fence with rocks in hand waiting for the first throw.

Thank you again for restoring my faith in humanity.

Sincerely

Cliff

And those are perfectly acceptable feelings to have, Cliff. There is a possibility that you may never be able to reconcile the faith you've created for yourself versus the store-bought brands of xtianity, same as a lot of us here. It is what it is. One look at the stories on this site in the testimonies, and you can see why a lot of us were suspicious of you, present company included. Your behavior earlier sure didn't help matters any. blush.png

That said, you seem like you're one of the outliers now that you've calmed down. Good. More xtians could stand to follow your example, but alas the majority don't. It's really unfair to the outliers, since they're the ones who reap the consequences of the shitty actions from their brethren.

I'd ask that ya'll let the troll stay.  I mean, for one- we don't get many christians who stick around here.  It might be fun to chew on him a while.  It gets old trying to figure out what End3 is saying- at least this guy appears to be semi-literate.

And he wouldn't be here if he didn't have questions.  He's clearly an ass, but I think he's a curious too.

Please?  Can we keep the troll?  For a little while anyway?

I'd like to have him stay too. I recognize the feelings of anger and frustration. Don't you guys remember feeling that too? 

And I don't think chewing on anyone is a good idea, especially if they find their way here and they can calm their anxiety enough to stay and read and try to understand what we're all about. I think we have the vented frustration out of the way now. He doesn't have to agree with us, but he might learn we aren't out to destroy the world or other people either. Like I said above, I had misgivings about atheists and agnostics when I was a Christian. I wouldn't have had the courage or audacity to post on an ex-C blog or forum while I was in turmoil, but if I had back then, I might've sounded a lot like him. 

Patience, everyone? You don't have to debate here if you don't want to, but please do try to remember when you were walking in his shoes. (Those shoes hurt a lot and can make anyone grumpy or tip them into despair. Even saints, if you've ever read any of Mother Theresa's writings.)

• Like 2

RaLeah

I like you. You are a sincere and very nice.  You are a hero in my book.   One of the few people in this world to care about another more than what ignorance they be displaying at the time A Good Samaritan.

My frustration is from  the world condition and Christianity.  I hate to see pain and waste of faith and humanity.I'm having trouble reconciling  my faith with Christianity. My problem is my faith is strong and secure in spite of rather than because of my relationship to organized religion. My anger with the X xions because most of what is said in here about Christians is true  but that is not me .  I was called a troll, So I became one.  I became as much as I could what these people prejudged me to be.. I've been on both sides of this issue and what really gets to me is it is like looking into a mirror from both side.s  Both side standing at the fence with rocks in hand waiting for the first throw.

Sincerely

Cliff

Then perhaps you could help RaLeah, Milesaway and the rest of us understand you a bit more, Cliff?

What (or who) do you have a strong and secure faith in?   And why?

How does this faith put you at odds with organized religion?

What do you call evidence and proof?

Please help us understand you.

Thanks,

BAA

RaLeah

Sincerely

Cliff

You're welcome. I like you too. I understand your anger and frustration very well. 

The world is of course full of pain and suffering. Also wondrous beauty and surprising acts of kindness. There are things in the world I can have faith in. I have faith in my friends. I have faith that I can live a meaningful life that is a help to others. In one form or another, every culture and society and religion has a golden rule: to treat others the way we would like to be treated. This rule stands the test of time, and it always will. It's timeless. 

And I also understand what you're saying about organized religion and some Christians: It is always disheartening to see people who profess to believe in something, and they don't live it out in their lives. It hurts our faith in humanity. If it's someone we looked up to or admired, it can especially shatter our trust. 

I can't help how other people choose to live their lives, and that goes for believers and non-believers and everything in between. I can only decide how I will live my life. That is all I can control: My own personal integrity. I am not responsible for how other people choose to live or the moral code they choose to live by. I only control my own ethics and how I live. This is a healthy way to live, to recognize your own boundaries. 

You don't have to apologize for other Christians, just as I don't have to apologize for other atheists or agnostics. This is a very freeing way to live: Responsible for your own choices and behaviors, not other people's. 

Again though, if you have some doubts or frustrations, you can still discuss them here. I think everyone felt you came in with your frustrations blazing, and they naturally felt defensive and surprised. But seriously, if you want to respectfully have a conversation, if you have any questions about what it's like on this side of the fence (if you were over here once and something didn't fit or feel right) you can ask us stuff. Maybe we even have some good and useful advice. 

I will just say, I have zero motivation to try to change your beliefs or talk you out of what you want to believe. That is for you to choose, and you alone. We are all on our own personal quests for truth, and it's not for me to tell you what to think.

One more thing, Cliff. 

I know you felt defensive reading what people have said on this site about their specific experiences with specific Christians. That wasn't about you personally.

Most of us don't do this, but sometimes atheists vent here about how angry they are at all Christians, but try to think of that the same way you would if you were talking to a broken woman who had just gotten out of an abusive relationship, and now she is afraid and angry with all men for a while afterwards, because her trust has been shattered. You wouldn't scream at her and tell her all men aren't jerks, and she's a terrible person for saying in frustration, "I hate men." She probably doesn't really mean it--she's just scared or angry or hurt. And once she's had time to heal, she'll understand it isn't all men who are jerks--just the specific one(s) who hurt her. And even if she seems angry or scared of you, if you treat her with compassion and kindness, you'll be an example to her that helps her realize there are some kind men in the world. 

It works the same way with believers or non-believers. We don't have to throw rocks at each other. We can treat each other with respect and understanding, even if sometimes someone says something you find hurtful. 

I have some very dear friends and family members who I love very much who are Christians. They love me too. I don't hate all Christians. I hate SOME of the things SOME of them do when they do something hurtful. That's a different thing. 

But if you'd like to stick around and post to this forum, you can show us you're one of the Christians who isn't throwing rocks. I think we'd like that.

I wish you peace and happiness. 

• Like 3

Awwww! I like RaLeah now, too. Can we get a group hug thing going on here?

Gather 'round, y'all. Let's pummle hug this woman!!! Aaaaaaaargh!!!

If that means you are going to be genuine with us then I welcome it.  All you have to do to avoid conflict is refuse to talk about your religion.  You can avoid the threads about Christianity and talk about politics or TV shows.  We have a few threads about those things.  The thing that ex-C members have in common is a bad experience with Christianity so that is what we talk about a lot.  Unless you know one of us in real life then you didn't cause the suffering of any of us so you don't have to get into that.

If you are having a bad experience with Christianity then we have been there and know a few tricks for dealing with it.  It's up to you.

If that means you are going to be genuine with us then I welcome it.  All you have to do to avoid conflict is refuse to talk about your religion.  You can avoid the threads about Christianity and talk about politics or TV shows.  We have a few threads about those things.  The thing that ex-C members have in common is a bad experience with Christianity so that is what we talk about a lot.  Unless you know one of us in real life then you didn't cause the suffering of any of us so you don't have to get into that.

If you are having a bad experience with Christianity then we have been there and know a few tricks for dealing with it.  It's up to you.

All I have to do to get along with everybody is act like Im not here?  That is very Christian-like of you.

When you first showed up Clifford, I wasn't sure what to think.    See usually when we get a new christian on here it takes about a day or less before they start to proselytize.  Then when they get called out on it they play the victim card.   Eventually they leave.

If you are having questions, then ask.  We've all been through that at one point and each of us can offer a different perspective.   

As an FYI, a few of us on here actually follow other religions.  Buddhism seems to be the popular choice.  There are also those of us who have dabbled in wicca.  There is even one or two who follow the modern incarnation of the old Norse gods. 

The fact is all of us left or had experience with Christianity.  

I will warn you that some on here are ones that will give you a really hard time no matter what.  Others of us are more forgiving.   Once you see what christians usually do on this site you'll understand why.  End3 and Thumbilina are two christians who have stuck around for awhile and are generally accepted like the weird uncle or aunt.   However, they went through the gauntlet and stuck around. 

Point is if you need help with questions then ask.  We will help point you in the direction, provided virtual hugs and shoulders to cry on if needed, but we can't and won't do the work of answering your questions for you. 

RaLeah

Sincerely

Cliff

Then perhaps you could help RaLeah, Milesaway and the rest of us understand you a bit more, Cliff?

What (or who) do you have a strong and secure faith in?   And why? I'm sorry but 

How does this faith put you at odds with organized religion?

What do you call evidence and proof?

Please help us understand you.

Thanks,

BAA

I'm sorry BAA , I cannot answer because it might offend some one

All I have to do to get along with everybody is act like Im not here? 

You must not be able to read because nothing I wrote could possibly have been so badly misunderstood.

You came to a place that is for ex-Christians.  It's owned by an ex-Christian.  It's run by ex-Christians.  It's purpose is to help ex-Chrsitians.  I'm trying to give you a polite heads up.

All I have to do to get along with everybody is act like Im not here? 

You must not be able to read because nothing I wrote could possibly have been so badly misunderstood.

You came to a place that is for ex-Christians.  It's owned by an ex-Christian.  It's run by ex-Christians.  It's purpose is to help ex-Chrsitians.  I'm trying to give you a polite heads up.

My mistake I apologize,   I got this target on my back and I often Mistake communication for gunshots blink.png LoL

I am trying to find some little piece of round in this giant internet landscape. Some place were perhaps the the division between believer and non believer can be at least minimised.