Goodbye Jesus

Punk Ass Kids Game

CliffordStamper

We might as well admit that Ex-C is generally hostile to religion, hadn't we?  You'll find some tolerance in some forums and from some people, but overall religion gets rough treatment here.

No more than say a Denominational church forum when you try to pin them down on their doctrine'  Or a Mustang forum when you post BMW pictures on their site

I think people answer honest questions here fairly though. 

but yeah. It's a little like signing up for a writer's critique group -- don't post your work if you don't want any feedback or constructive criticism. If you do want the benefit of other people's insights, post away. Some of the responses might be useful. 

Keep a thick skin, and you might learn something.

No sense taking any rude remarks personally. You can always choose to let those roll off your back. 

• Like 1

I don't know how long any of you have been away from the Church but I assure you that what ever took you away is worse today ,especially since the internet 

What took me away from the Church was the Bible and I don't think it could be made any worse than it already is.

• Like 3

No offense intended, but can you specify what you want from us? I really can't tell from your posts. bill

We might as well admit that Ex-C is generally hostile to religion, hadn't we?  You'll find some tolerance in some forums and from some people, but overall religion gets rough treatment here.

I'm very hostile to those who are trying to spread harmful religions.  If Buddhists or members with similar, less-harmful religions want to help each other out in the spirituality section that is fine by me.  

• Like 2

No offense intended, but can you specify what you want from us? I really can't tell from your posts. bill

Maybe he wants an invite to play with us in the Punk Ass Kids Game. I can understand, because it's a really fun game, but ya know, it can really get dangerous...

I was playing it a little while ago with some Muslims and one of them forgot to wear goggles. I poked my stick through the fence and poked them in the eye by mistake. The ref blew the whistle and I was nearly Jihad-bombed by a bunch of angry fans of the other team! Fun times...

And why should it be different.

This is not a place for preaching about religion or to have people come here and judge the rest of us because it suits them. This is a place for people getting the fuck away from all that.

I personally would rather defend the members trying to get their lives back after the poison of religion found them. If that means being hostile to the very assholes who would keep them in and torture them more I say they are getting what they deserve for their voluntary ignorance and blindness.

I admit it I am hostile towards the deluded and willfully ignornant. There is no excuse unless you are mental handicap.

I tolerate a lot of shit from the religious they do and will never tolerate from me or any of you. I am already being the bigger person. If they don't like it to fucking bad they can eat it.

• Like 1

That was a sincere and legitimate Question. 

If you had started off sincere then maybe this conversation would have gone better.

Okay you want the answers.  Heb 13:8 says Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.  That means that Jesus who loves the whole world was the God who was commanding all the genocide in the Old Testament.  (It's a contradiction)

Mal 3:8 says that God does not change.  So, if Trinity were true, then the God who was commanding all the genocide in the Old Testament was also the God who loves the whole world so much that he wants everybody to be saved.  (Again a contradiction)

Psalm 119:89 says that God's word is firmly fixed and does not change.  (So it won't become "completed" and it won't get canceled.  There will be no New Covenant.)

Numbers 23:19 says that God does not change his mind and God is NOT a Son of Man.  (Wow talk about killing Christianity)

But just stop for a moment and think about it.  It God's will, law and views of sin change then that would make them relative.  That would mean one day God might love slavery and then a few thousand years later God might hate slavery.  No reason.  God just changes his mind.  That would mean all of God's commandments are arbitrary.  We have to obey because God told us - no other reason.  It makes God a dictator.  It means God is going to punish us for not mindlessly obeying his arbitrary law.

So which is it?  Is God a good and just father who is teaching us as best as we will co-operate or did God tell people that they could attack their neighboring countries, murder all of the adults, the women, the elderly, the little boys and spare only the little girls who were still virgins to keep for their own enjoyment?  Do you know what the Bible commands be done to those who try to lead the Jewish people to follow gods they have never heard of?  In the Old Testament God the Son is an unknown God.  The Holy Spirit is an unknown God.  Think about it, idolator.

Holy cow! That was great MM! lol

The internet is a polarizing place.  People tend to only seek out those that think like them. 

So why do you seek this minimization?

The answer is because I cannot.  I feel the pain and I know others do and I simply cannot  ignore it

What pain do you refer to?  There is much pain in the world.

Pain can be *fun*. :-)

No more than say a Denominational church forum when you try to pin them down on their doctrine'  Or a Mustang forum when you post BMW pictures on their site

Cliff, did you post pictures of a BMW in a Mustang forum?  Say it ain't so, dude. Please say it was just a figure of speech when you said that.

I think maybe you see what you perceive as the sadness and futility of the human condition, and the Bible at least offers you some hope. Am I wrong? 

You included yourself as one of the punk ass kids in your original post. So you poked a stick through the fence and found out that the other punk ass kids on the other side aren't so bad after all.