Goodbye Jesus

Marc And Beast

Kris

Ok-- I do want to be made fun of for even freaking out about this -- but I innocently ran across some weird information on the web today. I tried to really not look to much into it because this is the kind of thing that tends to make me worry but....

While looking at a preterist view point on Nero, the author made mention of the government and how they are not godly and that for kicks they named some Global Positioning System out of Area 51 the BEAST and now have chips that can go in the forehead and hand (because these areas have the best temperature control)

I looked around a little bit and only saw fringe sites alluding to this info. One had a link to some old Naval papers about a BEAST positioning system from way back in 1986 that said nothing about microchips and then links to the same old RFID stuff. I can't find the site I was on and frankly-- I don't want to find it again, just because it wasn't something I was expecting to read there, but I was thinking that the author was trying to say that soldiers were secretly being chipped in the hand and forehead and then the BEAST could monitor them? if you google BEAST, MARC, Area 51, something should come up

This sounds like one of those crazy email posts that someone makes up and then sends around. Has anybody heard of this before? The BEAST program may have been something legit but I find it hard to believe that the government would be chipping soldiers to monitor them on GPS. I also don't think the forehead or the hand would be the best location. GPS trackers are a lot larger than a little tiny chip in a body.

Can any military people help me out with this? Is this just another Internet hoax? Help!!!

So has this story been around for a while? Military people-- please let me know if this is crap!!

Uh, for starters Nero doesn't fulfill the "prophesy" of the Revelation because Nero was dead before the book of Revelation was written.  Most "prophesy" was cheating written after the fact.

People today have the tech to put chips into living animals (including humans).  There is no reason to favor the head or hand.  Really the only reason to do that would be convenience or personal choice (for the love of the Bible).

The US military is in the process of getting their vehicles talking to each other but they have no reason to try to do it on the individual level.  Individuals are an expendable asset.  And they would need crazy bandwidth for that.  It's just a headache for no return.  They might do it for a tear 1 unit like Delta or the Seals.  Nobody else would have the budget.  There is no way they would do something like that for the Red Shirts.

• Like 1

Hi kris please don't worry about this mark of the beast stuff.  I am not quite sure where the Christians got the idea from the bible about a microchip or rfid chip anyway.  The bible talks about a mark being placed (I think it said on the hand or forehead) that lets people buy or sell.  I don't think it mentions some chip being put inside of bodies.  This leads me to believe it's talking about a tattoo that people would get (supposedly) or a cloth people would wrap around.  You've probably seen pictures of people in the middle east wearing cloths tied around their foreheads (don't ask me what they call that).  This is one of those topics "mark of the beast" that Christians take and run wild with in their imaginations.  I think the bibles prediction is that a man "antichrist" will become a powerful leader rising up somewhere in the middle east and force people to get this tatooo in order to buy or sell.  so the people in the bible account know what they are doing, they seem to know why they are getting the mark, its not like somebody's secretly sticking microchips in people.  Assuming the bible account were to come true you'd first have to have this man rising up as this powerful world leader running some kind of temple and people worshipping him- in other words the bible account is that these things would take place out in the open, in the public knowledge, not some kind of hidden conspiracy. 

I hope in some way this puts your fears to rest.  I am used to going over this topic with people because I've helped with lost animals in the past and encourage people to get their pets microchiped.   believe it or not a few people are worried these microchips could be the mark of the beast (I kid you not) and I have to explain to them that its not a mark of the beast!! 

sincerely, Rachel, agnostic

Thanks Rach,

I like the idea of chipping animals for safety reasons. I am not even sure if I have a real issue of chipping humans per se-- but only if we can control the location, the information on the chip, etc. you can remove a microchip from your body. I don't think the mark of the beast would be something that you could remove with an out-patient surgery-- or a knife if you are a do-it-yourselfer. I just get edgy when someone ties it to prophecy-- like this writer did. I am hoping it is all crap-- the sites I posted seemed quite old, so perhaps this was a conspiracy from years back. I am still seeing postings about Obamacare supposedly requiring people to be chipped -- when the language in the bill is really talking about implants such as pacemakers, etc

I was really hoping someone had heard about this and debunked it. I was also hoping that someone from recent military experience would tell me that this was total crap.

But I guess if microchips are something I have to deal with-- I will just insist on the left hand!!!

The only other thing that kind if freaked me out is that one of the more recent comments on one of the sites I was looking at ( and yes, it was a fringe site!) stated that GE filed 7 patents for implantable RFID's. I tried to look at this a bit more but really couldn't find anything specific--- it could be totally inocculous but made to look sinister. Ugh

My mistake-- I actually believe that revelation was written about Nero

Kris, please take a breath and relax. Seriously, just breathe. Revelation is not true. It was written a long time ago by paranoid people who were predicting the fall of the Roman Empire, which they considered oppressive, so it was more a propaganda piece written for the times. 

It's not about us, and it never was. These were superstitious people fighting against a bigger and more powerful government in a subversive way, and that's all it was. The writers didn't have any special supernatural insights into the future--they just wanted to rally the rebel forces. 

There's nothing in it to worry about. Sure, there will be conspiracy theory people trying to fit it into technology today to use a scare tactic for making people think this ancient vague prophesy is real and relevant. It isn't. It's silly. 

You are smarter than this. You don't have to buy it, because it's nonsense trying-too-hard propaganda. Don't let them win in what they're trying to do. They want to scare people into believing, and that is all. 

Don't buy into the fear mongering. Don't let them squash new technology into old ancient vague prophesy where it doesn't even really fit. 

Just let the fear go. It's not rational, and deep down, you already know that. These are echos of brainwashing that still rear up and haunt you. 

Let it go. You know it's crazy superstitious nonsense. You know that. Don't regress into fears when your rational, logical mind knows better than that. 

This sounds like one of those crazy email posts that someone makes up and then sends around. Has anybody heard of this before? The BEAST program may have been something legit but I find it hard to believe that the government would be chipping soldiers to monitor them on GPS. I also don't think the forehead or the hand would be the best location. GPS trackers are a lot larger than a little tiny chip in a body.

Can any military people help me out with this? Is this just another Internet hoax? Help!!!

This is crap.  Just naming things after things in a translation of the bible doesn't seem like it would really amount to much.  Beast in English is not the same as it is in Greek or Hebrew and "MARC" is nothing at all so who cares that it sounds like "mark"?  Is this god so stupid it's fooled by this sort of word play in whatever language happens to do it first or best?  That's just dumb.

Anyhow, the Revelation states in chapters 7 and 9 that the 144,000 are "marked" and nothing can begin before that happens.  The word used is what we might use for "signet" like when the King would melt wax and use his signet to imprint his seal.  I don't see a lot of people that have this anywhere (or ever).  What would that even look like?  It would be silly to imagine the tefillin since that doesn't appear to be a royal seal of any sort but a little box people stick to themselves (and it's debatable whether it was in use at this time).

The "mark" of later in the book is a different word that is more along the lines of a brand.  Like what you'd do to an animal or slave to mark it (and a facial brand was only given to the worst slaves and/or by horrific masters).  It's not really something you'd think was hidden or pleasant like a chip you didn't really think about most of the time.

Anyhow, the text makes clear that god has to mark his crowd first before any marking of anyone else can take place.  One can't be figurative and the other literal.  That makes no sense but that's how people like to interpret the whole thing.  God has a figurative marking out that you cannot see but this beast has a literal marking out that is quite obvious and must be dealt with.  That's really not fair.  What if it's the reverse then?  God's is literal but the beast is figurative?  A bunch of godly people with a big wax stamp on their face covering a massive burn (from the wax) but no one else has anything happen?

mwc

I found this old link http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=942

And this one. http://perdurabo10.tripod.com/id63.html

So has this story been around for a while? Military people-- please let me know if this is crap!!

Kris, take a look at this. About six months ago, a young man wanted to join the USMC, but had heard he might be implanted with a microchip. He asked for some military people to let him know if that were true. The responses are humorous and should set your mind at ease.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130227194235AAhfvB3

Thanks for the feedback Raleah and mwc.

Trust me, I don't want to be worrying about all this crap-- but it is like what I said on another thread---- it is hard for me to differentiate between truth and false when it comes to religion. I am a very honest person, so I would never write anything and out it out on the net if it wasn't true. I guess I assume that everyone else is this way as well.

So when I saw this info-- it kind of scared me-- then when you read the last paragraph of what the author wrote, he scared me even more. I don't want to go against my government for the most part. I am a rule follower!! I have an SSN, pay taxes, and even work for the government. If I have to have something placed in my body to identify me-- I would likely do it. And I just don't want to worry about going to hell. Every time I think I have conquered this fear--- it comes back. I have read the Top Ten Reasons Not To Fear The End Times thread a ton of times, yet I still regress when something like this catches my eye. It is depressing.

Thanks Overcame, that was a very good link! So, do you think this was just another Internet tale to freak people out-- like the Obama care thing?

I am sorry everyone-- I feel like such a failure when it comes to things like this. I don't know why I continue to be influenced by stuff!! I am trying SO hard-- but I struggle anytime s Christian says something. I second-guess myself over and over and if I even try to do research-- there are so many crazy things on the web that if I read too much, my head gets jumbled-- exactly what happened here in this situation. I was trying to confirm in my mind that Nero was the antichrist being spike of in Revelation-- and then boom!!! I am worrying that the government is trying to chip soldiers based on some conspiracy plan!! I wasn't looking for this-- it found me!

Another thing--- I won't talk to my family about ANY of this stuff-- I don't want to put the fears that I have on my adult kids or hubby--- I want them to live in peace and not be crazy like me!!

Kris, I studied this eschatology (end times) crap in detail as it was the bait that lured me into the madness, I am guessing you are under 30? Well this RFID has been around since the 80s.

Here in South Africa, we use biometrics, that is finger prints for the most part and is all linked and tied up in a govt database and it works. No reason to go for RFID. RFID is used in foodstuffs, cattle sheep and now in cars as a data dot. It is so small now that it can be embedded in paint and sprayed onto a car's parts with an airbrush.

The only reason the woos insist on following this dead horse is b/c the advancements in biometrics aka marks ov gawd like iris, retina, and palm scans does not fit their agenda. The folk postulating this stuff are not very bright and definitely not up to speed with current technology. Most of these tits have a cell phone, a bank card and those use RFID technology. If their fear is of being tracked by big bruvver, they are far too late. You can be tracked with these goodies to within 10 square feet if needed.

South Africa for the most part is 1st world technology just run by backward incompetent people; so if simple fingerprint scanners work here, there will NEVER be a need for RFID as everyone already has fingerprints and these are obtained when you get your national ID at 16ish or driver's license at 18.

I suspect in the next decade, you will no longer need a bank card, just a fingerprint or palm scan and PIN that you can control like you currently do.

This is not any threat to the woos and they cannot make people scared b/c the stuff I mentioned are all unique and so called god given marks/attributes, even the most batshit crazy woo will see through any attempt by a snake oil salesman to paint that as the MARK.

Recently I had to register the death of my wife, in the process they had to scan my thumbprint as part of the verification process. It took less than a second. I then had to submit all my finger prints again for the paper records. I guess that was a manual backup of the electronic one.

Have you considered that you might have OCD or some other anxiety disorder? Is it JUST in regards to Christian beliefs or does the second guessing overlap into other areas? 

I remember I read somewhere (maybe even here, I'm not sure) but that it was possibly John wrote Revelation while on that island and witnessing some volcano explode. The smoke would have made strange shapes in the sky and he would have been probably clueless as to what was going on being isolated. He also already had his own preconceived notions of how to view the world. 

Keep in mind a lot of people posting these conspiracies are lining things up to fit how they'd like. That's what a lot of prophecies are. Also, the bible prophecies are rather loose and vague (not the straight forward prophesies some churches/books make them out to be).  A lot of stuff could be twisted to make it fit. 

Make sure to look at things with the "skeptical" eye. Always ask what solid evidence do they actually have for this, if any? It had to be real, solid evidence such a peer reviewed work published in journals, etc.  It can't be their own personal experience because while many people do have experience, ultimately, any experience is going to be some sort of trick of the mind based on their perspective of the world. 

Not 30. ( I wish!). I am 46! Thanks for taking the time to respond Living Life-- it is really interesting to hear what other countries do-- and I am totally into the idea of biometrics and thought the exact thing that you said-- why not use what a body already has for identification? Using fingerprints and irises seems like smart way to go! Perhaps implantable chips can be used to help monitor health issues so they are used for good and not evil!

I am sorry to hear about the death of your wife.

Thanks Kolaida-- I know I have OCD and I think PSTD related to religion. I have even tried to hypnotize myself to not be afraid-- but it appears it didn't work!!

Thanks Kolaida-- I know I have OCD and I think PSTD related to religion. I have even tried to hypnotize myself to not be afraid-- but it appears it didn't work!!

Ohhhhhhhhhh!! I think I remember reading that thread you started on hypnosis! Did you try therapy, too?  That stinks it didn't work, though. 

No therapy-- too afraid they will try to turn me back to religion. I use this site as my therapy because on here every gets where I am coming from for the most part. I was really hopeful with the hypnosis-- but have been embroiled in some of my deepest anxiety yet-- over stuff like this, and a few other postings I have recently made--- so I guess I wasted $180 bucks!

I will also admit I still freak out a little about the infamous Verichip --an email about them is what originally brought me to this site. I guess they had to change their name a few times- Christians really picked on them and their implantable chip.. I think they are now Veriteq--- I banned myself from their site because I was obsessively checking it. Also a company called Somark who came up with an RFID tattoo--- but last I looked (another banned site), they were focusing on tattoos on mice tails for lab use--- not sure if any RFID was in the ink or not. Anyway, these may be totally harmless companies that are trying to help people in one way or another who are made to look sinister by Christians and conspiracy folks. Even though I think you could remove a microchip and even laser off an RFID tattoo--- I get freaked out by what Christians say about them. I guess that is why I was so affected by the article that started my OP. ughhh

I will also admit I still freak out a little about the infamous Verichip --an email about them is what originally brought me to this site. I guess they had to change their name a few times- Christians really picked on them and their implantable chip.. I think they are now Veriteq--- I banned myself from their site because I was obsessively checking it. Also a company called Somark who came up with an RFID tattoo--- but last I looked (another banned site), they were focusing on tattoos on mice tails for lab use--- not sure if any RFID was in the ink or not. Anyway, these may be totally harmless companies that are trying to help people in one way or another who are made to look sinister by Christians and conspiracy folks. Even though I think you could remove a microchip and even laser off an RFID tattoo--- I get freaked out by what Christians say about them. I guess that is why I was so affected by the article that started my OP. ughhh

You know the guy who wrote Revelation could never have imagined anything like computers or chips.  That isn't what he meant.  You would probably laugh at if it you saw how primitive his world was.  It's just that every generation of Christians have to take those old stories and rework them to fit how much the world has changed.   And 2,000 years from now if there are any Christians left they are going to still be reworking those old stories to fit what people have learned from our time till then.

Yeah-- that is true-- Overcame Faith stated this on his post on why not to fear the end times-- thanks for the reminder of that. Also, I can appreciate what others have mentioned- that good people are also marked too--- does god have microchips? I guess I need to keep working through this--- so tired and depressed that I haven't fully conquered my fears-- but I am still fighting!

I haven't fully conquered my fears-- but I am still fighting!

Yes you are still fighting. Don't give up, Kris. You will overcome your fears. I know you will!