Goodbye Jesus

Marc And Beast

Kris

Thanks Overcame-- honestly, I feel the most ashamed when I think of you-- you have spent a lot of time trying to help me. I am still trying to not be afraid--- and I read your Top Ten Reasons a lot-- I means a great deal to have people like you all in my life. I would probably be institutionalized if it wasn't for ex-c.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Thanks Overcame-- honestly, I feel the most ashamed when I think of you-- you have spent a lot of time trying to help me. I am still trying to not be afraid--- and I read your Top Ten Reasons a lot-- I means a great deal to have people like you all in my life. I would probably be institutionalized if it wasn't for ex-c.

Forget the shame. It is unwarranted. Be proud of your persistence.

No therapy-- too afraid they will try to turn me back to religion.

You should reconsider this choice.  Your fear is irrational, particularly if you choose a secular therapist.

• Like 1

Okay, so I read the site. It rates a 9 out of 10 (timecube) on the crazy scale.

First thing, the government is run on taxes, and if there's one thing Americans hate, it's paying taxes. If they really had to ID you, that's what DNA testing is for. Chips and so on are expensive and time consuming. Let's consider the earlier example of pets. Tags for your dog are super cheap, less than $5.00. Ditto for dog tags, for soldiers, of course. That's why they exist. Let's compare dog computer chips: about $8.00 for the chip, $20 for registration or so, and probably a subscription service to get it looked up. (That's how they make back the money on the tiny chips. Not that pooch is going to LIKE getting a 16 gage needle jammed into him, but you know, at least he'll come home...) No, they're not going to bother with chips or tattoos. They can be dug out or skinned off. But as long as they have (elements of) a corpse, they can DNA test. Just one molar in decent shape will suffice. Or a hair. You've already got your unique, identifying markers floating in every cell of your body. (A scrambled half, though, for sex cells like sperm and eggs. That's how we know who the baby belongs to). As for needing "marks" or whatever to identify people... technology is so far past that with DNA testing it's not even funny. We have trashy TV shows dedicated to that...

I'll also repost the info on computer components, and what would be "too hot."

Computer circuitry runs comfortably at much higher temperatures than we do. Here's a table of temperature ranges for common processors.

For perspective: 40 C is 104 F, so, already a SEVERE fever. The coolest processor on the list runs at 60 C, or a whopping 140 F (the temperature of a human cooked to medium rare). From my experience in IT, these temperature ranges are about keeping the magic smoke in.

Sounds like some conspiracy theorist doesn't have much experience with computers, or modern technology. It's rare that a conspiracy theorist doesn't go far ENOUGH in guessing what technology is capable of... Now, on to that "cool parts of the body" nonsense.

Buckle up for incoming TMI...

Here's some people on a thermal imaging camera. Aside from the adorable kitty pawprints, and cool water painting, and the transparent bag thing, note how hot (in white) everyone's hands and heads are. Yeah. That's because there's lots of complicated muscles over bone, and the blood supply is close to the surface. The bone also makes it inconvenient for chips. So, they'd stash chips somewhere fatty, like your buttocks. The coolest part of the human body (males only, duh) is the testicles, actually, that's why they dangle, to keep the sperm factories cool. Good luck getting a guy to let you jam a huge needle into, or tattoo, those. (Unless he's into radical body art or piercings). Even so, OUCH.