Goodbye Jesus

God, The Bible, I'm Good.

CliffordStamper

I'm good with the bible, The father, the son, The whole thing,  It is "Christianity" that I cannot live with.  The church is what has distorted the word of God,  Christianity has become a self serving institution, ,Money changers, false prophets and the blind leading the blind.  Televangelist finding and making hooks to out reach the others. Brother Benny lives in multi-million dollar mansion and has a million dollar jet payed for by prayer mats and supposed heeling.Then there is Falwell's Fundies casting stones at everyone who doesn't follow him  Fear mongers!!!  Olsten's "EVERY THING IS BEAUTIFUL. Of coarse it is ,when your looking out over 1500 seats filled with hundred dollar tickets  Then there is Scheuler and Son . The "Crystal Cathedral"  The cost of glass cleaner alone for that place would feed thousands.

It's all staged, orchestrated, ,choreographed, faked,

Think about it people  Don't think that if Benny Boy were actually healing all these people,Fox or CNN would have picked it up by now????? 

Cliff

Cliff, the next logical step for many of us after de-conversion was a look at the bible without xian colored glasses. It doesn't hold up well. Question everything. There's few here that believe in bible god, or the bible for that matter.

http://www.qbible.com/hebrew-old-testament/genesis/1.html

Here is a good unadulterated source

ancient Hebrew and greek with active definitions on roll over

If you don't trust the church just bypass itwink.png

Genesis 1 is particularly eye opening you get to see the other gods =D

Hello Clifford, perhaps you would find some value in non-Protestant traditions like Catholicism or Eastern Orthodoxy. 

my ex church dont have benny, kenneth, tele evangelist, no crystal church, no idiotic pastors, dont preach hell much, not a prosperity gospel place, no rock band, no hundred dollar reserve front pew seats,,,,,

i still am an ex-C because,,,,,,,, there is no fucking god,,,,,

• Like 4

Cliff, what bible verses do you 'cherry pick' that makes the Christian god look so good? I would be interested to know?

We are all aware that leaving the faith is a process. Cliff appears to be in the initial stage of that process. I could have, and probably did convey something similar to what Cliff is expressing now about ten years ago. It is common to travel a path from believer, to some form of liberal Christianity, to Deism or mystic, and then ultimately agnostic or atheist.

This journey has many paths but it ultimately leads to the same place. I have read testimony's where this journey has taken as much as 35 years to complete for some former believers. Once the seeds of doubt have been planted it would be unusual for them not to take root and produce fruit. Each person's journey is different and unique to them.

It seems to me that Cliff is just trying to sort some stuff out, now that he has become aware Christianity isn't exactly what he thought it was.

I wish you well in your journey Cliff, and I hope you will soon find the answers you're seeking .

• Like 3

Cliff, what bible verses do you 'cherry pick' that makes the Christian god look so good? I would be interested to know?

I "CHERRY PICKED  Gen,1,1 -  Rev,22,21  Now I "CHERRY PICK  ten verses before and after each verse that is quoted or interpreted to me.

Cliff

Geezer,

Thank You

Life is a journey and faith is a journey whether coming to it or loosing it. My faith is solid and strong.  My problem is between my faith and the world.

my ex church dont have benny, kenneth, tele evangelist, no crystal church, no idiotic pastors, dont preach hell much, not a prosperity gospel place, no rock band, no hundred dollar reserve front pew seats,,,,,

i still am an ex-C because,,,,,,,, there is no fucking god,,,,,

I got it. . .It's your belief,our life,

Just so you know. . . I'm not here to fuck with it.

Sincerely

Cliff

Cliff, how do you deal with the parts of the Bible is which instruct you to place yourself under the authority of a local church?

Incidentally, my old church had no con men or people after my money. I went to Calvinistic, Reformed Baptist churches that faithfully taught the Bible. I ultimately left because of the Bible, not the church.

• Super Moderator

The church is the body of believers, the body of Christ, not a collection of congregations. Hypocrites and sinners gather weekly to worship Jesus in their particular ways. Few of them ever agree with each other as to what their holy book says, and even fewer would agree with your interpretation and cherry-picked and misunderstood verses.

So your beliefs, for whatever reasons you hold them, currently serve your needs. What now?

The church is the body of believers, the body of Christ, not a collection of congregations. Hypocrites and sinners gather weekly to worship Jesus in their particular ways. Few of them ever agree with each other as to what their holy book says, and even fewer would agree with your interpretation and cherry-picked and misunderstood verses.

So your beliefs, for whatever reasons you hold them, currently serve your needs. What now?

I am lonely.... I am looking for someone like me...Some one who is sure enough in their beliefs to discuss the bible.

I am lonely.... I am looking for someone like me...Some one who is sure enough in their beliefs to discuss the bible.

You are looking for someone like yourself, Cliff?

For someone to know that they are like you they would have to know that they are a troll.

Sorry friend, but the only one of those around here is looking out of the mirror at you!

Once again, I am confused.  There are lots of people here who are extremely knowledgeable about the bible, and quite solid in their beliefs.  If you are looking for someone who has the same beliefs as you do, well, I don't think you're going to find that here.

What discussion are you looking to have about the bible?

Cliff, how do you deal with the parts of the Bible is which instruct you to place yourself under the authority of a local church?

Incidentally, my old church had no con men or people after my money. I went to Calvinistic, Reformed Baptist churches that faithfully taught the Bible. I ultimately left because of the Bible, not the church.

The bible instructs me to fellowship with other believers. I do that without committing to any one congregation or denomination.Anyone can walk into most any church and make friends as long as they don't express a different point of view.   I don't talk religion in church

You are looking for someone like yourself, Cliff?

For someone to know that they are like you they would have to know that they are a troll.

Sorry friend, but the only one of those around here is looking out of the mirror at you!

ok . . .

Cliff, as has already been noted, the folks that post here know the bible. They probably know it much better than professing Christians know it.  And the reason we are here is because we KNOW the bible isn’t true in any literal, historic, or factual sense.

It’s a collection of myths, legends, and folklore written in the form of parables, metaphor, and allegory.  Many of the stories have a moral and I suppose the hidden meaning of many of the stories could be discussed but beyond that what is there to discuss?

I think you are more into the liberal/progressive form of Christianity at this point in your journey. This site and the thinking that goes with it is probably something that may be more appropriate as you progress further in your journey.

I would like to suggest you google Progressive Christianity and hook up with one of their chat sites. I used to be active over there but only for a short time because I quickly realized I had already moved beyond that thinking, but your post indicate you are probably closer to their thinking than the thinking and beliefs you are encountering here.

Attempting to create a discussion about Christianity and the Bible with non-believers would not seem to be productive for either party, but Progressive Christians would very much enjoy discussing Jesus and the Bible with you. Seriouisly, check them out.

• Like 1

Once again, I am confused.  There are lots of people here who are extremely knowledgeable about the bible, and quite solid in their beliefs.  If you are looking for someone who has the same beliefs as you do, well, I don't think you're going to find that here.

What discussion are you looking to have about the bible?

The kind I can't get here.

Well, I'm sure beyond a reasonable doubt.  

Cliff, as has already been noted, the folks that post here know the bible. They probably know it much better than professing Christians know it.  And the reason we are here is because we KNOW the bible isn’t true in any literal, historic, or factual sense.

It’s a collection of myths, legends, and folklore written in the form of parables, metaphor, and allegory.  Many of the stories have a moral and I suppose the hidden meaning of many of the stories could be discussed but beyond that what is there to discuss?

I think you are more into the liberal/progressive form of Christianity at this point in your journey. This site and the thinking that goes with it is probably something that may be more appropriate as you progress further in your journey.

I would like to suggest you google Progressive Christianity and hook up with one of their chat sites. I used to be active over there but only for a short time because I quickly realized I had already moved beyond that thinking, but your post indicate you are probably closer to their thinking than the thinking and beliefs you are encountering here.

Attempting to create a discussion about Christianity and the Bible with non-believers would not seem to be productive for either party, but Progressive Christians would very much enjoy discussing Jesus and the Bible with you. Seriouisly, check them out.

I had to check this forum out. It is the first X Christian forum I ever saw  I know now what it is and am moving on 

As I told Geezer, I'm moving on

Have you ever wondered if the Bible is full of shit? Or have you always believed it from your childhood? People living in the belly of fish, a global flood, talking snakes, donkies, shrubbery, etc...

As I told Geezer, I'm moving on

Christians like to organize in groups based on common theology.  From what I have seen you might be happy with the Oneness movement.  They reject Trinity.  If that isn't your cup of tea try googling for non-Trinitarian denominations. There are many to choose from.

I had to check this forum out. It is the first X Christian forum I ever saw  I know now what it is and am moving on 

You'll be back. And next time you'll be one of us.

• Like 1