Goodbye Jesus

Love The Lord Your God...

Guest end3

Love Kim Jong-un for everything being a subset or manifestation of Kim Jong-un, so why not

Thank you End.  I think it's time to reveal the truth to you.  I am God.  Everything is a manifestation of me.

So I get roped into my pantheistic thoughts every now and then.....been a hard year.  I guess the trick is to behave in a pantheistic view,,,

So I get roped into my pantheistic thoughts every now and then.....been a hard year.  I guess the trick is to behave in a pantheistic view,,,

Oh I don't mind if you have pantheistic thoughts.  Whatever floats your boat.

Seems like a rational statement as everything being a subset or manifestation of God.  So why not.

End,

Is your statement "...everything being a subset or manifestation of God" ...a rational one?

Are you asking us to just accept that it is and to take this from you on faith?

Or perhaps you could demonstrate that it is with evidence?

Thanks,

BAA

Considering Ba'al is another word for Lord, I often wondered why in some parts of the bible it says "Ba'al" and in other parts lord.

Maybe "Honor Ba'al your god" doesnt sound as poetic.

Seems like a rational statement as everything being a subset or manifestation of God.  So why not.

Love Satan, who is one of God's manifestations.

No thanks. He's a bit careless and doesn't possess the ability to hold himself accountable for his mistakes. Worse yet, he holds his "flawed" creation accountable for theirs.

• Like 3

False premise much?

Oh... I see what you did there! :grin:

Geez peeps, do we always have to travel this path

Not with me anymore. I'm always out there walking new paths.

I think you're getting it. ;)

the point Hans that Keith and I continually argue....if I transcend, then I transcend to what?  So I would like to put myself on a higher level of permanent grace, etc, but I can't get around who I normally default to.  Just hope I don't do a temporary stint in hell for my eastern thoughts...  cheers sir

the point Hans that Keith and I continually argue....if I transcend, then I transcend to what?  So I would like to put myself on a higher level of permanent grace, etc, but I can't get around who I normally default to.  Just hope I don't do a temporary stint in hell for my eastern thoughts...  cheers sir

You bring the burgers and I'll bring the beer. :)

You could do worse End - it sounds good to me.

Why not?

Children are a manifestation of their parents, but if they only carried on that thought they would never ever be themselves.

Even the Bible says that we should honor our fathers and mothers, and yes we should, but that doesn't say that we have to agree with them or emulate them. Or love them, while they were threatening to kill us and send us to a bad place if we didn't believe in them.

Geez peeps, do we always have to travel this path

Yes. 

We do.

We can't begin where you are, End.  We can't start off 'elevated' and go on from there.  We have to get the basics right first and then go on up.  (Surely you'd know this about us by now, huh?)

Anyway, maybe you should try it? 

For once just stop taking it as a given that the Bible's a good place to start and check and see if it is.  Start off with as few assumptions as you can manage, start with a blank page and test as much as you can before embracing it as reliable.  (We'll be happy to help you - if you want.)

We try and do this all the time.

It's called being skeptical.  Why don't you give it a try? 

Speaking only for myself now, I find being skeptical very refreshing, illuminating and revealing. 

I strongly recommend it to you, End.

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 2

Actually, I think your premise is a good one and has sound reasoning. I think to value and honor all of creation as a manifestation of God has a lot better effect than assuming it's something for us to chew through and spit out on our way to self-gratification in a consumerist religious fashion. What's wrong with honoring all of life? In fact, to do so brings honor on yourself.

I don't have any issues with understanding God in ways that honor that spirit. In fact, it can be quite useful to us if God has meaning to you. It's all about who we become and the means to that, not about what we claim to believe or disbelieve in.

Here's something you should read if I've never exposed you to this before. I think it'll be helpful to your understanding. In the above you are referring to God, or Spirit in 3rd person perspective, and that has that value I mentioned, and what it should mention in this article. It also goes into 2nd person perspective which is more theistic, and that has it's set of values as well. 1st person is more God-in-you perspective, and that has its value as well. Anyway, look over this article if you're interested as I would think you could relate to it now in where you are at: http://www.kenwilber.com/blog/show/462

BTW, good to see you're trying to stretch yourself. A lot of people are comfortable just finding what they believe and sticking with it just enough to not have to stretch anymore. For someone to not do that so speaks volumes about what is in them.

Speaking only for myself now, I find being skeptical very refreshing, illuminating and revealing.

Of course. We should never assume what we believe is us now finding the answer. Skepticism should cut both outwardly and inwardly; to what it sees others say, and to what we say to ourselves as well. It's a tool to cut through the bramble of our presumptions that choke out the garden in which we seek for food. Of course, it shouldn't be used to hack everything to the ground. That's just clear-cutting that kills what we need for food, right along with the weeds, leaving us empty handed. It's good to leave some fruit on the vine.

Love your fellow man.

Seems like a rational statement as every god is a manifestation of man.  So why not.

• Like 1

Here was my mind's reasoning for a moment. 

We are taught as children that God is the "biggest", larger than our imagination.  So if you love God, you are loving everthing that IS God, everything "lower", or "smaller", or "under".  This seems logical from a pantheistic view.  I believe what I more believe is panentheism if I am reading it correctly, that everthing has the Spirit of God by default.  Not that the Spirit resides in the manifestation, but the Spirit can be seen IN the manifestation.....as in Genesis, "and it was good".  So if creation is classified as good, then why not respect that by loving "good".

So pantheism falls short in my view of reality, but the Christian God as the creator for panentheism works as a good model in my mind. 

By default, this places us as "good" yet allows for God to be outside of us, but we are still a function of Him.

End, you really do have it... just beyond the very edge of your outstretched fingertips.

DAMN! You are SOOOOOO close.

Just replace the word "god" with Nature or Universe... and you're there!

Here was my mind's reasoning for a moment. 

We are taught as children that God is the "biggest", larger than our imagination.  So if you love God, you are loving everthing that IS God, everything "lower", or "smaller", or "under".  This seems logical from a pantheistic view.  I believe what I more believe is panentheism if I am reading it correctly, that everthing has the Spirit of God by default.  Not that the Spirit resides in the manifestation, but the Spirit can be seen IN the manifestation.....as in Genesis, "and it was good".  So if creation is classified as good, then why not respect that by loving "good".

So pantheism falls short in my view of reality, but the Christian God as the creator for panentheism works as a good model in my mind. 

By default, this places us as "good" yet allows for God to be outside of us, but we are still a function of Him.

"That in whom reside all beings and who reside in all beings, who is the giver of grace to all, the Supreme Soul of the universe, the limitless being--I am That."

Amritbindu Upanishad

That which is below is like that which is above & that which is above is like that which is below to do the miracles of one only thing.

Emerald Tablet