Hermes Trismegestus

To be is to do—Aristotle 

To do is to be—Kant 

Do be do be do—Sinatra

• Like 2

To be is to do—Aristotle 

To do is to be—Kant 

Do be do be do—Sinatra

That is the highest wisdom, right there. ;-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Love "someone" who if you don't love them will reject you forever and send you to a place of eternal torment. Sound logical to. NOT!

Love "someone" who if you don't love them will reject you forever and send you to a place of eternal torment. Sound logical to. NOT!

Please look at it this way Ross.  If God is all/everything, would it not make sense that if you loved all you would by default love your neighbor?  And also, if you don't love all, then you are really sentencing yourself to "hell".

If you love all, that means the good and the evil, the dark and the light, etc...

interesting thought, End3

If you love all, that means the good and the evil, the dark and the light, etc...

interesting thought, End3

Maybe End should love the dark/evil side of the Lord too... eh Ravenstar?

Isa 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].

”Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that good and evil come?” (Lam. 3:38).

”...that I may repent of the evil, which I purpose to do unto them because of the evil of their doings” (Jer. 26:3).

”...all the evil which I purpose to do unto them; that they may return every man from his evil way; that I may forgive their iniquity and their sin” (Jer. 36:3).

”I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live. And I polluted them in their own gifts....” (Ezek. 20:25-26).

”For thus saith the Lord; as I have brought all this great evil upon this people, so will I bring upon them all the good that I have promised them” (Jer. 32:42).

”...shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?” (Amos 3:6).

See also: Jer. 11:11, 14:16, 18:11, 19:3, 19:15, 23:12, 26:13, 26:19, 35:17, 36:31, 40:2, 42:10, 42:17, 44:2, 45:5, 49:37, 51:64, Ezek. 6:10, Micah 2:3, 1 Kings 21:29, 2 Chron. 34:24, and 2 Chron. 34:28

wink.png

BAA

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Please look at it this way Ross.  If God is all/everything, would it not make sense that if you loved all you would by default love your neighbor?  And also, if you don't love all, then you are really sentencing yourself to "hell".

Here was my mind's reasoning for a moment. 

Not that the Spirit resides in the manifestation, but the Spirit can be seen IN the manifestation.....as in Genesis, "and it was good".  So if creation is classified as good, then why not respect that by loving "good".

So, then, is hell also part of god?  A manifestation of his spirit?  Or is hell a part of creation and therefore "good"?  If the answer to any of these is "yes", then we should look forward with all our hearts to going to hell, because it is something we can truly "love".

If Yahweh (or any monotheisitic deity really) is the CREATOR, then ALL is a part of god, us included. There can be no separation... because everything must have come from the essence of god.

"It's not easy being green."

-Kermit the frog

Praise be to KTF. 

God is you, God is me, God is the rocks and the trees, God is Satan also then.

End, can you relate to this? 

I see you doing this.

1. You start up a new thread and post something about Christianity.

2. If it relates to scripture, we demonstrate the internal flaws and contradictions of the Bible.

3. After a short while you cease communication, leaving the issue/s in question unresolved.

4. You wait a while and then do the same thing (1 thru 4) all over again.

Now, rightly or wrongly I see this recurring cycle in your behavior here.  However, it looks like you can't.  Or if you can, you don't want to change it.  Rightly or wrongly I see you going thru the same cycle, over and over again, never finishing what you start.  Never resolving anything and never moving things up to the next level (your  phraseology) because you never stay the course and finish the job on this - today's level.  The level that you start up, but don't finish.

Am I being overly harsh here?

Perhaps so.  However, I will say this.  Recognizing a recurring problem in one's own behavior (big or small) is difficult.  It's an even harder thing to accept.  And harder still to actively deal with.  But you're not alone!

I can see that you will probably be infuriated by this message.  You might rant at me over it.  You might well pour scorn over it.  You might refuse to ever communicate with me again.  Or you might make a token effort and then fall back into your familiar (but unproductive) ways.  You might also make a significant change in how you conduct yourself in this forum.   Who am I to second guess you?  However, whatever you do - I'd like to say this..

End,

We're all here to help you out if you want it, ok?

As The Antlerman said...

"Of course. We should never assume what we believe is us now finding the answer. Skepticism should cut both outwardly and inwardly; to what it sees others say, and to what we say to ourselves as well. It's a tool to cut through the bramble of our presumptions that choke out the garden in which we seek for food. Of course, it shouldn't be used to hack everything to the ground. That's just clear-cutting that kills what we need for food, right along with the weeds, leaving us empty handed. It's good to leave some fruit on the vine."

Do you want to find some fruit on the vine, by cutting thru the brambles in your (metaphorical) garden? Do you want us to work alongside you?  There's a reservoir of smarts, knowledge and talent among us here that you can employ if you want.  How about it?

If that's a yes, would you like to help me do the same in my life? After all, the cutting goes both ways, doesn't it?  There's stuff in my life that needs dealing with.  Nor do I have all the answers about life, the universe and everything.  There's a chance here for mutual benefit and life enrichment - if you want to go down that road.

The offer and the hand is open... friend.  smile.png

BAA

• Like 1

Seems like a rational statement as everything being a subset or manifestation of God.  So why not.

Love the Easter bunny for he brings you chocolate and chocolate is jummyyy

Seems like a rational statement as everything being a subset or manifestation of God.  So why not.

Love the Easter bunny for he brings you chocolate and chocolate is jummyyy

All hail Easter Bunny!!!!!!!!

We are taught as children that God is the "biggest", larger than our imagination.  So if you love God, you are loving everthing that IS God, everything "lower", or "smaller", or "under".  This seems logical from a pantheistic view.  I believe what I more believe is panentheism if I am reading it correctly, that everthing has the Spirit of God by default.  Not that the Spirit resides in the manifestation, but the Spirit can be seen IN the manifestation.....as in Genesis, "and it was good".  So if creation is classified as good, then why not respect that by loving "good".

So pantheism falls short in my view of reality, but the Christian God as the creator for panentheism works as a good model in my mind. 

By default, this places us as "good" yet allows for God to be outside of us, but we are still a function of Him.

I love sin. It is the manifestation of God, and it's all I have right now. I can't see His Face, I can't understand His ways, I can't fathom His creation, but it seems that sin is part of His creation. It's what I know, and since it is from God, I see no reason to give it up. It is my only connection to God.

We are taught as children that God is the "biggest", larger than our imagination.  So if you love God, you are loving everthing that IS God, everything "lower", or "smaller", or "under".  This seems logical from a pantheistic view.  I believe what I more believe is panentheism if I am reading it correctly, that everthing has the Spirit of God by default.  Not that the Spirit resides in the manifestation, but the Spirit can be seen IN the manifestation.....as in Genesis, "and it was good".  So if creation is classified as good, then why not respect that by loving "good".

So pantheism falls short in my view of reality, but the Christian God as the creator for panentheism works as a good model in my mind. 

By default, this places us as "good" yet allows for God to be outside of us, but we are still a function of Him.

I love sin. It is the manifestation of God, and it's all I have right now. I can't see His Face, I can't understand His ways, I can't fathom His creation, but it seems that sin is part of His creation. It's what I know, and since it is from God, I see no reason to give it up. It is my only connection to God.

I don't know Dude, that's an interesting thought.  Been awhile since I have felt God myself.  If we take our "fallen" world as God, then it still behooves us to choose those things that produce life over death as it seems right.  Acknowledging that death and sin are from God as well, then I expect the conversation as a Christian falls to "I don't know" the rationale of creating the "anti". 

I can't predict what ultimately my choices will render, so one would assume a good rule of thumb would be to choose the product "life".  It's somewhat perplexes me that within nature, "death" is there in the vision we see as beautiful.

I don't have the answers.....but enjoy the thinking about it.  Have actually been playing my Bible CD's on the way to work after a year of being gone from church or any studying/reading.  Maybe I will plug in Genesis and it will all become more clear...lol.

My point was in relation to the title of this thread. So why should I love god? Why should a love this so called god who puts conditions on his so called love?

• 2 weeks later...

My point was in relation to the title of this thread. So why should I love god? Why should a love this so called god who puts conditions on his so called love?

You should love this god because he says so. If you do it, you'll get to kiss his ass forever and ever, making him feel good. Don't do it, then... DUN DUN DUN! You get to become Lucifer's prison bitch forever.

"Geez peeps, do we always have to travel this path."

Maybe the fact that we don't blindly accept your god (the bible god?)as real could have

been inferred by you in view of the fact that this is an Exchristian site? Did you expect us to accept your delusion that everything is a manifestation of your god even though we

don't know that he exists? We've never seen any evidence of his existence. Show the

evidence to us and then we can have a meaningful conversation. You start all of your

prochristian claims with assumptions which you (nor anybody else)have never proved? bill