Goodbye Jesus

The Craziness Of Genesis In The Bible

Margee

• Super Moderator

All the crazy buybull contradictions have always made me  eek.gif trt19ROFLPIMP.gif Wendybanghead.gif WendyDoh.gif NOON8642CustomImage0569057.gif NOON8642CustomImage0569057.gif Wendycrazy.gif screams.gif lmao_99.gif

Life is so much better without having to try to make sense of them to anyone, including myself, anymore!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Where did Cain's wife come from? God put a mark on Cain so that other people wouldn't hurt him...what other people, and where did they come from?    I've heard the apologetics and they don't hold water to me.

Why did God not accept Cain's sacrifice of crops that he grew, yet later God demands (Malachi 3) ten percent of them so their will be meat in his house?

Why did God drown all of those men and women and children in the flood for being sinful and being evil when they had no way of knowing what sinful and evil was when he hadn't passed down his laws yet?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

When thinking of the tree of knowledge, both good and evil will kill you. So why do christians call the bible, THE GOOD NEWS.

Guest OldSeer

Perhaps you need to have another look. There is now a new interpretation being forward by the group I'm with/of. I joined the group in 1985, and about 1992 we fairly well completed the study. I get into that later if asked. OK---- Look at creation as a spiritual undertaking rather then a material one. What we've concluded is--Biblical creation isn't about the forming of a material universe. What you are used to is a European application which is (i,ll Guess) about 90% false. The book is a middle eastern document --not a European--that's where the flaw comes into play. The Euros interpreted and adapted the book to their way of thinking and ideas of "God". That is to say, they want the bible to support their understanding of things. Bear in mind-the present interpretation doesn't fit hardly anywhere within the book and is nonsense. Consider. The book isn't written as English literature, and that's how it's being read and interpreted. Western ideas don't fit the Middle eastern or Arab mindset. The ancients who's record the book  didn't have the western mindset,and their way of expression and symbolics is very different. Back then they didn't have words for love or hate so they used an application of material things instead of what westerners use. This whole thing needs a lot of explaining of course but--try this. In the beginning God (I'm not saying what God is or isn't at this point) created the spirit and the soul, and the soul was without form (animal like) and void (of humanity) and darkness (ignorance) was upon the face of the mind.  And God said---let there be enlightenment and the man became enlightened (knowledgeable--of the self). OK--so what we have here is---waters equals mind---earth equals soul/Eve. Whats going on here in ancient terms is a particular mindset is being formed--and that mindset is------Adam. In this particular understanding/interpretation then,bilical creation has nothing to do with creating the material universe.

The ancient before the descendants of Adam had no knowledge of a material universe---they we Spiritual minded not necessarily overly superficial as people of the west. What we have here ( according to us) id the actual making of Adam and his tenants by the ancients who used their symbols and insights. Notice there are waters above and below the firmament---which indicates 2 different states of mind, and in our interpretation "waters" denotes something mental, such as the flowing of thoughts and ideas.

We find that the "proper understandings of the book all depend on this interpretation of the book. The "beginning' is used exclusively throughout the book as the prime interpreter. In the NT it is used very often. But let's look at one and see how this works. 

An Apostle points out--the invisible things of creation that can be clearly seen and understood etc. So- what are they looking at. They see creation as somet5hing invisible which we translate into something spiritual,as the spiritual is regarded as "the invisible". And, being the spiritual is "person"-then creation is the forming of a person from one type into another.

Also- you will find 3 creations in Genesis. The 7 days (which are also the 7 spirits of God), and where it states --these are the generations of the heavens and the earth etc.And,these are the generations of Adam in the day that he was created (Day=knowledge). The 3 of these are the same thing happening expressed differently. The Euros do not use this processin their interpretations.

So--what we have here is a whole new book based on a different premise. There are only 2 possible directions of interpretation,the material and the spiritual, nothing else is possible. Only one can be correct in accordance with the thinking of the ancients. Also consider, there are only 2 possible things that exist in the universe---the material which came first, and the spiritual which came after. Each is divided into it's own many components. The Euros are wrong, and that's why all are having so much troubles understanding the book. The Euros idea of God and the God of the people of Adams time are very different. The Euro god does not exist in spiritual form--it's nonsense and patterned after the ignorance of the dark and middle ages.