Goodbye Jesus

Free Will

Ravenstar

. As my signature says "We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade, the presence of God." - C.S. Lewis   

Meaningless glurge.

"When God created the world, it was good. He said so. The flaws are the fault of humans and the Devil. This is clearly shown in the Good Book." duderonomy

Yeah, and god had no idea that humans and satan would make his perfect world imperfect. Oh wait,god knows everything, past, present and future. So, remind me why he created this miserable world? bill

Yes, we must not blame God for the sordid mess.    Wait a minute? Isn't he ultimately responsible? 

How much time will he be devoting to prayer for us?

It really doesn't matter, since he is praying to an impotent imaginary pansy-god who can't even perform miracles properly outside of the bible-times. A god who let's innocent children die every day of horrible malnutrition and disease, a god who gives millions of people cancer every year and sits idly by while they die...

A God who doesn't exist.

Fucking amen!

"I do not have anything against science. Science is important, but nothing in this physical world is with out its flaws." TrueBeliever

If god created the physical world, why would there be flaws? bill

Duh!!!

When God created the world, it was good. He said so. The flaws are the fault of humans and the Devil. This is clearly shown in the Good Book.

From this Good Book, also known as the Bible, we can clearly glean that God is not the only creator in this universe.

Of course!

God created a flat Earth, supported by pillars and covered by a dome that contained the stars, moon and sun - just like the Bible says.

Then Satan turned the Earth round, turned the dome into the vacuum of space and sent the moon and sun to their present location and scattered the stars lightyears away, some of them billions of lightyears away. And Satan did all of this to confuse people so they would think the Bible is a fairy tale.

It all makes sense now! Crazy like batshit sense . . .

I actually believed that very thing when I was a christian, that was very confronting to face that delusion again.

Exodus 9:12

"And the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had spoken unto Moses."

If God says you will not listen then God will use his magic powers to make you not listen.  That way God gets to kill your oldest son.

Erm I like your view perhaps I can add.

...And that you as Pharaoh will get the blame for being evil when its actually God who made you that way.

When Pharaoh seen Moses he was delighted and to be fair if God needs to harden Pharaohs heart then my question is why if the Pharaoh was a nasty person.... Unless........  Wait?!

I was just thinking about the entire free will crap, and I realized that the OT god really didn't give much of a shit about anyone's free will. Suddenly in the NT.. this is a big deal?

If I am wrong, please.. do correct me!  wink.png

Nope. It's always been that way. Even in the O.T.  People could listen to God or ignore him.  Free will.

Not to argue, but just to explain. Consider yourself corrected.

Actually your wrong - God interfered with many people in the OT e.g. Sodom and Gomorrah as obviously these sinners used their freewill and God didn't like it.

I was just thinking about the entire free will crap, and I realized that the OT god really didn't give much of a shit about anyone's free will. Suddenly in the NT.. this is a big deal?

Nope. It's always been that way. Even in the O.T.  People could listen to God or ignore him.  Free will.

Well we do have to define "really didn't give much of a shit".  In the OT God would smite people if they didn't listen to him so.  Sometimes God would do it in very creative and cruel ways.  So I think God did give a shit if people ignored God.  But the Bible is very specific about God preventing Pharaoh from doing the right thing so maybe what God really cares about is having an excuse for doing creative and cruel things when he smites humans.

Genesis 9:14-?

"And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud:  And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh."  Because next time I destroy the Earth I'm going to use fire.  I'm going to burn you and all the cute puppy dogs and all the cute kittens.  But I promise you that I won't drown you next time. I've tied a rainbow around my finger so I will remember it's got to be fire.  Besides that smell of burning flesh is so pleasing.  I want to burn you all right now but I'm going to wait until the time is right.  It might be very soon.

Interestingly God needs to 'Remember' his covenant why does he not just Know?!

Well we do have to define "really didn't give much of a shit".  In the OT God would smite people if they didn't listen to him so.  Sometimes God would do it in very creative and cruel ways.  So I think God did give a shit if people ignored God.  But the Bible is very specific about God preventing Pharaoh from doing the right thing so maybe what God really cares about is having an excuse for doing creative and cruel things when he smites humans.

"And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud:  And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh."  Because next time I destroy the Earth I'm going to use fire.  I'm going to burn you and all the cute puppy dogs and all the cute kittens.  But I promise you that I won't drown you next time. I've tied a rainbow around my finger so I will remember it's got to be fire.  Besides that smell of burning flesh is so pleasing.  I want to burn you all right now but I'm going to wait until the time is right.  It might be very soon.

Apparently God can forget things, so he needs reminders.

• Super Moderator

Apparently God can forget things, so he needs reminders.

god, don't forget you promised me a million dollars that night in 1997 when I went to that properity gospel tent revival.

"Yes, we must not blame God for the sordid mess.    Wait a minute? Isn't he ultimately responsible? " Deva

No. God is not ultimately responsible for anything. That's the basis of morality as it applies to him and the whole reason why he is perfect. How else could a god who allows she-bears to maul and kill forty little children for kidding around with one of god's prophets still be perfect?   bill

Actually your wrong - God interfered with many people in the OT e.g. Sodom and Gomorrah as obviously these sinners used their freewill and God didn't like it.

Wait. What?

Who is wrong here. Me or Ravenstar?

Probably both of us  lol