Goodbye Jesus

Feminism

Journey

Guest Babylonian Dream

The sad truth of life is that men consider women secondary.Sure, in some countries we get to fight for our rights,but the underlying belief is still the same.

You have unhealthy views of men, and to be perfectly honest, if that were true that our Y chromosomes and having male genitalia made us think that way, then things would be very different.

I'm not the only person that holds the views I have, and I am entitled to hold them. Sit back and have a long, hard look at this clusterfuck of a planet. Look at the cuntiest parts of it, and pretty well every single time you will find a male responsible for the shittiest, nastiest, greediest and most violent parts of it. No one is saying women are perfect, and no one is saying you as an individual are responsible for the ills of the world, but jesus mate, tell the truth.

I don't deny your right to have toxic views of men, that doesn't make your view of men any less toxic and false. You always blame men for everything, yet you do blame me specfically. Either that, or you're verbally/textually castrating me. That's not nice ;)

I can easily say that "women are why I choose to be single and celibate", but I'm much more sophisticated and mentally healthy for such sexist statements like the ones you regularly make. You are sexist Galien.

Speaking of feminism, I actually recently had a discussion with a feminist who actually agrees with me. Me and her had a good discussion on what alot of women call feminism, and its not really about equality. It's about victimhood. Perpetual victimhood is neuroticism, not equality.

• Like 1

She does have negative generalizations/sexist statements quite often about men...

She does have negative generalizations/sexist statements quite often about men...

Well I guess if you had been brutalised by men the way I have been, you might feel the same way. Lucky for you that doesn't seem to have happened. If you want me to stop being sexist, perhaps you could try and stop men from being so egotistical, aggressive and violent. If you think my distaste of those behaviours makes me sexist, stiff shit. I live in a world where you people rule the roost and you treat others however you like. Your entire foreign policy seems to revolve around crushing others under your heel and feeling no remorse for it whatsoever. And I am the one with the problem?

You are free to have your views. they just come across as rather prejudiced. Your generalizations of Americans is yet another example. Sure, lots of Americans are arrogant jerks, and lots of men can be domineering and oppressive to women. But you have this general hatred for the whole, it just seems bigoted.

• Super Moderator
Well I guess if you had been brutalised by men the way I have been, you might feel the same way.

I usually stay out of this recurring shit storm, but could I just make one observation?

A boy raised in the circus has experience that tells him all men can juggle and all women can walk a tightrope. This, of course, is not true.

The sad truth of life is that men consider women secondary.Sure, in some countries we get to fight for our rights,but the underlying belief is still the same.

You have unhealthy views of men, and to be perfectly honest, if that were true that our Y chromosomes and having male genitalia made us think that way, then things would be very different.

I'm not the only person that holds the views I have, and I am entitled to hold them. Sit back and have a long, hard look at this clusterfuck of a planet. Look at the cuntiest parts of it, and pretty well every single time you will find a male responsible for the shittiest, nastiest, greediest and most violent parts of it. No one is saying women are perfect, and no one is saying you as an individual are responsible for the ills of the world, but jesus mate, tell the truth.

I don't deny your right to have toxic views of men, that doesn't make your view of men any less toxic and false. You always blame men for everything, yet you do blame me specfically. Either that, or you're verbally/textually castrating me. That's not nice wink.png

I can easily say that "women are why I choose to be single and celibate", but I'm much more sophisticated and mentally healthy for such sexist statements like the ones you regularly make. You are sexist Galien.

Speaking of feminism, I actually recently had a discussion with a feminist who actually agrees with me. Me and her had a good discussion on what alot of women call feminism, and its not really about equality. It's about victimhood. Perpetual victimhood is neuroticism, not equality.

Your biggest problem Bab is that of all americans. No one is allowed to disagree with you, ever. In Australia we don't "verbally/textually castrate" people, we just have conversations. We don't go for the jugular and attempt to tear each other to shreds the way you lot do. Every opinion is not fucking set in stone to be shoved somewhere like an edifice and fucking worshipped. An opinion is just a fucking opinion, not an attack, not an attempt to hurt you mentally. Jesus christ mate, get over your self and your narcisstic belief everything I say is some big conspiracy to make you feel bad.We just don't take ourselves that seriously. What you do is try t tell me what I can and cannot think, then deny the legitimacy of anything I think or feel on the subject.

Here, we know we are not perfect, we know not everyone will like or accept our opinions. The difference is we don't care. We don;'t think we are the bloody world leaders, we just get on with it. We arent threatened by everything that is different from us, we dont overintellectuallise everything and think we know everything. Hell, we are usually too drunk to give a shit.

If you expect a women like myself who has been physically, mentally and spiritually abused by men to feel any other way, you are just not listening, yet another bad habit of men and americans. Try listening instead of talking. I know that is not popular with your gender or nation, but if you and yours learned to do it, might get you out of trouble.

I am no one's victim, I just see life how it is. If you ever get tired of telling us all how it is, sit there on google one day and research what life is like for women in Africa. Suck it up, drink it in and then come back and tell me how "toxic" my beliefs are. 

Well I guess if you had been brutalised by men the way I have been, you might feel the same way.

I usually stay out of this recurring shit storm, but could I just make one observation?

A boy raised in the circus has experience that tells him all men can juggle and all women can walk a tightrope. This, of course, is not true.

Of course it isn't true and I don't think it is. I just get tired of collective delusion. Some people are assholes, some aren't. No one is saying it is gender specific, but those with the power do the most harm. That is all I am saying.

You are free to have your views. they just come across as rather prejudiced. Your generalizations of Americans is yet another example. Sure, lots of Americans are arrogant jerks, and lots of men can be domineering and oppressive to women. But you have this general hatred for the whole, it just seems bigoted.

Actually pawn I just hate controlling assholes. If that does not apply to you, then it is not directed at you. 

Here is an example, I just took your exact quote and reversed the words (americans to australians, men to women, etc. ) to show how it come across.

Your biggest problem Galien is that of all australians. No one is allowed to disagree with you, ever. In america we don't "verbally/textually castrate" people, we just have conversations. We don't go for the jugular and attempt to tear each other to shreds the way you lot do. Every opinion is not fucking set in stone to be shoved somewhere like an edifice and fucking worshipped. An opinion is just a fucking opinion, not an attack, not an attempt to hurt you mentally. Jesus christ mate, get over your self and your narcisstic belief everything I say is some big conspiracy to make you feel bad.We just don't take ourselves that seriously. What you do is try t tell me what I can and cannot think, then deny the legitimacy of anything I think or feel on the subject.

Here, we know we are not perfect, we know not everyone will like or accept our opinions. The difference is we don't care. We don;'t think we are the bloody world leaders, we just get on with it. We arent threatened by everything that is different from us, we dont overintellectuallise everything and think we know everything. Hell, we are usually too drunk to give a shit.

If you expect a man like myself who has been physically, mentally and spiritually abused by women to feel any other way, you are just not listening, yet another bad habit of women and australians. Try listening instead of talking. I know that is not popular with your gender or nation, but if you and yours learned to do it, might get you out of trouble.

I am no one's victim, I just see life how it is. If you ever get tired of telling us all how it is, sit there on google one day and research what life is like for men in Africa. Suck it up, drink it in and then come back and tell me how "toxic" my beliefs are.

Here is an example, I just took your exact quote and reversed the words (americans to australians, men to women, etc. ) to show how it come across.

Your biggest problem Galien is that of all australians. No one is allowed to disagree with you, ever. In america we don't "verbally/textually castrate" people, we just have conversations. We don't go for the jugular and attempt to tear each other to shreds the way you lot do. Every opinion is not fucking set in stone to be shoved somewhere like an edifice and fucking worshipped. An opinion is just a fucking opinion, not an attack, not an attempt to hurt you mentally. Jesus christ mate, get over your self and your narcisstic belief everything I say is some big conspiracy to make you feel bad.We just don't take ourselves that seriously. What you do is try t tell me what I can and cannot think, then deny the legitimacy of anything I think or feel on the subject.

If you expect a man like myself who has been physically, mentally and spiritually abused by women to feel any other way, you are just not listening, yet another bad habit of women and australians. Try listening instead of talking. I know that is not popular with your gender or nation, but if you and yours learned to do it, might get you out of trouble.

I am no one's victim, I just see life how it is. If you ever get tired of telling us all how it is, sit there on google one day and research what life is like for men in Africa. Suck it up, drink it in and then come back and tell me how "toxic" my beliefs are.

Well I guess for me it is not about how it comes across, it is more about how it IS IN THE WORLD. Sorry, I keep forgetting for a lot of you guys, the world ends at your borders.

• Super Moderator

No one is saying it is gender specific...

The sad truth of life is that men consider women secondary.

There seems to be a bit of a conflict between these two statements. See the problem yet?

Well there are feminists and there are feminists. The feminists are reasonable people, whether male or female, who strive for gender equality. The feminists on the other side (those who, among other things, totally own the public view and the mass media over here), are "kill all men"-type nutjobs.

Funnily, some time ago I stumbled over a German feminist's blog (though she doesn't openly call herself that) and found a rant that, with my own words, "feminism just doesn't exist in German mass media. As a replacement, Alice Schwarzer is usually invited to every talk show or other public thing." That statement sure improved my opinion of German feminism quite a bit.

For those among you who don't know that name, the Schwarzer bitch is indeed still treated as the poster child of feminism in Germany since the entire thing started sometime back in the 70s. She's the one who some time ago publicly demanded that an innocent man be jailed just to send a message to men that they aren't safe from women under any circumstances. Yes she is insane like that. :vent:

Of course it isn't true and I don't think it is. I just get tired of collective delusion. Some people are assholes, some aren't. No one is saying it is gender specific, but those with the power do the most harm. That is all I am saying.

It is the old "problem" with Galien. Yes she doesn't think all men are assholes, and every now and then she makes it clear, but somehow... dunno... her normal postings come across as very caustic indeed. I know how she means it but there are still times I find it hard to remember her real views. It's kind of sad. :blink:

Tip of the viking helmet to Gali - no offense meant wink.png

There seems to be a bit of a conflict between these two statements. See the problem yet?

The problem is I too readily assume some of the people here read, or take notice of anything that goes on in the world. I forget that when people do hear anything, instead of looking at it from the bigger picture, they assume I am telling them that THEY are abusers. If the shoe doesn't fit, don't fucking wear it.

Once you watch your father smash you mother in the face repeatedly year after year, it is pretty hard to get that vision out of your head. After being punched by your husband for having an opinion it is hard to get that vision out of your head. When you are born into a place where almost every male acts that way, it is hard to get that vision out of your head. When you see power abused in every area of life, it is hard to pretend it doesn't happen.

Do I think all men in westernised nations have that opinion, or act that way? No. Do I think a fair proportion would act that way if they though they could get away with it? Probably.

I am 52, I remember well when men ruled their families with an iron fist, and obedience and submission was expected by women and children. That is still the way it is in many parts of the world. Just because it might not happen on your doorstep, or in your street, does not mean it doesn't happen. Men are the major perpetrators of violence in the world, not women. 

I get that some of the guys here feel powerless, and would not hurt a fly, and have probably been the victim of male violence themselves. Every time I say this stuff they jump up and down like I am referring to them personally.

I'm not a big fan of assholes of either gender. Men are trained to be assholes from the day they are born, women less so, but women are so sick of being treated like shit they are emulating men. Whether men choose to exercise that power is up to them. Way too many of them do. Please stop trying to tell me what a lovely world it is. It is a shithole, and most of the shit in it is perpetrated by men. I should not have to explain that, much less prove it to anyone. It's common fucking knowledge. That does not mean I am blaming YOU for it personally if you happen to be packing a penis.

And guys, you are not women. Sure, have your opinion but please don't pretend you know what it is like to be one. You don't.

Then don't make ignorant statements like, " ALL men are such and such," or "Your problem is that of ALL men and Americans."

Can you write English clearly? Then if you don't mean ALL then don't say ALL.

• Super Moderator

The problem is I too readily assume some of the people here read, or take notice of anything that goes on in the world. I forget that when people do hear anything, instead of looking at it from the bigger picture, they assume I am telling them that THEY are abusers. If the shoe doesn't fit, don't fucking wear it.

Once you watch your father smash you mother in the face repeatedly year after year, it is pretty hard to get that vision out of your head. After being punched by your husband for having an opinion it is hard to get that vision out of your head. When you are born into a place where almost every male acts that way, it is hard to get that vision out of your head. When you see power abused in every area of life, it is hard to pretend it doesn't happen.

Do I think all men in westernised nations have that opinion, or act that way? No. Do I think a fair proportion would act that way if they though they could get away with it? Probably.

I am 52, I remember well when men ruled their families with an iron fist, and obedience and submission was expected by women and children. That is still the way it is in many parts of the world. Just because it might not happen on your doorstep, or in your street, does not mean it doesn't happen. Men are the major perpetrators of violence in the world, not women. 

I get that some of the guys here feel powerless, and would not hurt a fly, and have probably been the victim of male violence themselves. Every time I say this stuff they jump up and down like I am referring to them personally.

I'm not a big fan of assholes of either gender. Men are trained to be assholes from the day they are born, women less so, but women are so sick of being treated like shit they are emulating men. Whether men choose to exercise that power is up to them. Way too many of them do. Please stop trying to tell me what a lovely world it is. It is a shithole, and most of the shit in it is perpetrated by men. I should not have to explain that, much less prove it to anyone. It's common fucking knowledge. That does not mean I am blaming YOU for it personally if you happen to be packing a penis.

And guys, you are not women. Sure, have your opinion but please don't pretend you know what it is like to be one. You don't.

So, no, we don't see the problem yet. Okay.

Granted, we guys are not women, but then you are not ALL women. You don't know either what it's like to be other women. Your narrow experience, horrible as it may have been, does not define anyone outside your experience.

Just like *all women and *all Australians, they can't communicate properly. *sarcasm

Men bad.

Americans bad.

Most people handle this type of problem by getting the specific traumatic incident from the past off their chest, then getting support from the community and then they feel better about it.  It seems to work for most people.  The strategy of projecting and lying about a gender, a nation and the community doesn't seem to work.  No progress is being made.  Yes, other people have grown up in abusive homes and had PTSD from it.  There are methods that can help.  Even a partial recovery is better than wallowing in misery forever.

Australian women sure are hateful.

Oh sorry guys for my psychotic break, can't imagine what I was thinking. I capitulate to your superior knowledge, experience and understanding of the world.

Guest Babylonian Dream

Your biggest problem Bab is that of all americans. No one is allowed to disagree with you, ever. In Australia we don't "verbally/textually castrate" people, we just have conversations. We don't go for the jugular and attempt to tear each other to shreds the way you lot do. Every opinion is not fucking set in stone to be shoved somewhere like an edifice and fucking worshipped. An opinion is just a fucking opinion, not an attack, not an attempt to hurt you mentally. Jesus christ mate, get over your self and your narcisstic belief everything I say is some big conspiracy to make you feel bad.We just don't take ourselves that seriously. What you do is try t tell me what I can and cannot think, then deny the legitimacy of anything I think or feel on the subject.

Nobody has attacked you, you're the one attacking others. You're not just slandering me and men now, but an entire nation of people, 99.99% of whom you've never met nor have even heard about nor of. Others have answered this better than me, I really don't know how to respond to this....

You're crying victim, in part because you're sensitive which is fine. Also, you're entitled to behave and think however you want, like i've said before, even if that means having toxic views of men and entire nations. Though you're projecting that onto others.

Nobody has told you what you're allowed to think, but there are obvious reasons to think that humans can have beliefs that are false.

Now, you  not only know all americans, but you know all australians as well... The problem you're having isn't that there arent people that are assholes like you say, the problem is that youre thinking in black and white. You either paint everyone in whatever group all white or all black. This is why its unhealthy. I'm not saying you're not allowed to do that, just that its unhealthy. I say that because I like you and I care about you. :)

If you expect a women like myself who has been physically, mentally and spiritually abused by men to feel any other way, you are just not listening, yet another bad habit of men and americans. Try listening instead of talking. I know that is not popular with your gender or nation, but if you and yours learned to do it, might get you out of trouble.

I am no one's victim, I just see life how it is. If you ever get tired of telling us all how it is, sit there on google one day and research what life is like for women in Africa. Suck it up, drink it in and then come back and tell me how "toxic" my beliefs are.

"I'm no one's victim but let's look at all the abuse I suffer, then look into my damaged eyes and tell me that"

Call me insensitive, but what you posted is nothing short of using your past life experiences to try to control the discussion and excuse how you are treating others. That doesn't change anything. You're emphasizing and hyperfocusing on how horrible it is for women, and how horrible those unlistening men are, is something you might want to explore. You don't have to. You're more than welcome to continue unchanged, though you'll still attract psychopaths with unhealed wounds.

I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm saying this because you're not the only one who has been abused, and people have helped themselves by processing trauma and growing, instead of continually blaming the world for what a few assholes have done to you. They are few compared to the vast majority of people on this planet. I'm just saying.

Before you try to pressure me to analyze how horrible your past was to convince me, remember that I was a rape and torture survivor. My own mother tried to murder me, a trauma I've just recently been able to allow myself to accept that it happened and actually understand it. Yet none of this do I think you should consider, when considering whether or not what I'm saying is valid. Instead, the merits of my beliefs are what matters. My own mother constantly let a known sex offender babysit me, knowing it would mess me up in the head, yet I wouldn't ever dream of blaming that on all women. I've had issues bonding with women, but I accept that it is my problem, because of childhood trauma, something I work through, and not something I blame all women for; despite having had several women come my way wanting what I have instead of wanting me. Because most women have nothing to do with my childhood trauma, and most of those that do, have actually helped me work through it (though more men have helped me than women, but that's because I've been more trusting of men in my life, because of triggers regarding women I've had to work through).

You don't have to work through your trauma Galien, but it will leave gaps in your personal growth if you don't. I feel for you, but that doesn't mean to try to play on my empathy here.... while claiming I'm narcissistic/have narcissistic beliefs (NPD is based on Narcissistic beliefs).

Thank you! Well said!

Well I guess for me it is not about how it comes across, it is more about how it IS IN THE WORLD. Sorry, I keep forgetting for a lot of you guys, the world ends at your borders.

I know you don't care how it comes acrossed, its all about how you percieve the world. It is also about how you get the reactions you do from the world, because of how you're treating the world. You're treating the world like crap by looking down upon it the way you do. It's neither nice nor fair. Though everyone, even you, are entitled to be a jerk. I'd gladly support you in that right of yours to be a jerk if thats what you want to be.

Most people handle this type of problem by getting the specific traumatic incident from the past off their chest, then getting support from the community and then they feel better about it.  It seems to work for most people.  The strategy of projecting and lying about a gender, a nation and the community doesn't seem to work.  No progress is being made.  Yes, other people have grown up in abusive homes and had PTSD from it.  There are methods that can help.  Even a partial recovery is better than wallowing in misery forever.

Oh sorry guys for my psychotic break, can't imagine what I was thinking. I capitulate to your superior knowledge, experience and understanding of the world.

Guest Babylonian Dream

Well there are feminists and there are feminists. The feminists are reasonable people, whether male or female, who strive for gender equality. The feminists on the other side (those who, among other things, totally own the public view and the mass media over here), are "kill all men"-type nutjobs.

Funnily, some time ago I stumbled over a German feminist's blog (though she doesn't openly call herself that) and found a rant that, with my own words, "feminism just doesn't exist in German mass media. As a replacement, Alice Schwarzer is usually invited to every talk show or other public thing." That statement sure improved my opinion of German feminism quite a bit.

For those among you who don't know that name, the Schwarzer bitch is indeed still treated as the poster child of feminism in Germany since the entire thing started sometime back in the 70s. She's the one who some time ago publicly demanded that an innocent man be jailed just to send a message to men that they aren't safe from women under any circumstances. Yes she is insane like that. vent.gif

Certainly, and its sadly taking away from the message of equality. The disenchantment with the neofeminist movements is probably what gives groups that want to restrict abortion part of their power. In polarized societies, when you're pushed and pressured to take sides of extremes, that tends to happen. If one group is just utterly toxic to you personally, you get pushed towards other groups or you're just forever out of the flux like me and you and the reasonable feminists and others around the world.

I've witnessed domestic violence, I've also witnessed first hand how in america its easier to get away with it if you're female, than a male, being an abuser. We've got sexist attitudes going against both sexes in most western cultures, and yes, we do need to fix it. We need to fix all of it.

It is hard to forget, its also hard to process. I've watched my step father survive getting a slash to the throat, by simply having enough trauma by my mother that he knew to lift his hand when she has knives in hers, that he flinched. The knife gutted his hand right before my very eyes, and that's not the only thing to happen, most of the shit I experienced and witnessed, I still haven't told anyone. Some of it I'm still processing and figuring out myself. Yet, what do I do with the past? I figure out how to cope with the fact that the past is what it is, and its over, and I go from there. Instead of burning bridges with billions of men in the world, why not enlist them and women as allies against the abusive murderous mother f***ers? I'd join the crusade then, but in the mean time, its just too hard to get past all the manhate coming from you. It makes it difficult to really work with you when you're tearing others down.

Yes, I myself am still overcoming it. Unfortunately, as I've learned this weekend, I'm still not fully over some issues I thought I'd moved past. Though I still own that its my issues and my past, and that I must work through it.

You're being immature.

I get it, you don't trust men. Its perfectly understandable that you have trust issues, alot of people including myself have them. I hope you overcome them. :)

I don't deny your right to have toxic views of men, that doesn't make your view of men any less toxic and false. You always blame men for everything, yet you do blame me specfically. Either that, or you're verbally/textually castrating me. That's not nice wink.png

Your biggest problem Bab is that of all americans. No one is allowed to disagree with you, ever.

Pure, 100% projection.  You are the one who never lets anyone disagree with you.  The moment anyone does challenge a thought of yours, you immediately jump to "don't you tell me what to think", "men are mean to me', "waahh waahh waahh".  

Yet again in this thread you have labeled all men and all americans as shit.  Well, you are wrong Galien.  You have not met all of them, so you can not say you know how all men behave, or what the problem with americans are...

You are exactly what you portray men, and americans, to be.  You are projecting your own personality onto us, and it is obvious for anyone to see.

This is an online forum with thousands of members from around the world and all walks of life.  For any non-private subject you can name there is somebody on here who knows more about it than I do.  Knowledge isn't dominance.  But you can use it to improve yourself.

Well I guess if you had been brutalised by men the way I have been, you might feel the same way. Lucky for you that doesn't seem to have happened. If you want me to stop being sexist, perhaps you could try and stop men from being so egotistical, aggressive and violent. If you think my distaste of those behaviours makes me sexist, stiff shit. I live in a world where you people rule the roost and you treat others however you like. Your entire foreign policy seems to revolve around crushing others under your heel and feeling no remorse for it whatsoever. And I am the one with the problem?

That I live in the United States doesn't mean I agree with, approve of, or (willingly) support the foreign policy of the US Federal Government. U.S. Military bases all over the globe isn't something I want. U.S. soldiers being ordered to invade Iraq wasn't something I wanted, either. War necessarily involves mass death and destruction--I'd be uneasy supporting even very justified ones.

Sorry for the mini-rant... It wasn't directed at anyone in particular, and I really hope it doesn't make you feel worse, Galien.

Oh, this is also my first post, so... Hello, everyone. LeslieWave.gif

• Like 1