Goodbye Jesus

An interesting gift

Guest isis

Right now I am dating a very nice guy who to my delight is completely non-religious. Now I don't mind a religious person but it does put my mind to easy not having to feel that I am unholy. He is from south america and his family is big on giving crosses as necklaces. Not I ugly ones but actually dareI say rather nicely hand done ones. The way he gave it to me was rather sweet. He gave me a very nice gold chain then took on of his off his neck and gave it to me. It was rather sweet.

I did not mind this really by mother reaction was a bit on pain in the neck side. She loved the gold chain but asked me if I had tossed the cross back at him. Now I know she is mad about me telling her I don't want to go to church with her but this is just rude.. :nono: Just because I am agnostic does not mean she has to act like I am inhabited by demons.

Cross while i really am not a fan are not what brothers me. It is the idea of ever entering a church that gives me the creeps. .. :twitch:

Your mother will come up with any silly attack she can think of. If she thinks that nonchristians can't practice any Christian traditions, then you could argue she shouldn't practice any pagan traditions. You could find a calendar in her house and point out that Thursday means Thor's day, and Sunday is the day to honor the Sun god. You could then ask why she practices other Pagan traditions like birthdays and even Christmas, which is based on pagan holidays.

Wearing a cross is often just a fashion, and need not imply any religious beliefs, particularly when it is a gift. Maybe you could buy a Star of David, or a gold Buddha to go on the chain with it. Tell your mom she is the inspiration for this idea...

:rolleyes:

It might just be a cultural thing from South America. I dunno.

Back in the mid-1980s, my two nieces were in high school in Texas, living with their father (my brother) and his second wife. My brother is agnostic, if anything, and his second wife was not religious at all. Their mother was a non-denominational Christian. My brother had custody and, as their mom lived in California, they lived with her during the summer months. One time, at a family gathering in the middle of winter, the two girls showed up wearing necklaces with gold crucifixes. I was very surprised and too shocked to ask why. I finally figured out it was a fashion thing. Since then, they haven't worn them.

like if jesus was around he wants to see shit loads of people wearing crosses around there necks in his name. he would have some kinda phobia about the damn things.

Weren't crosses originally Pagan symbols also?