Goodbye Jesus

Noah: The Movie

owen652

The trailer was great and I look forward to seeing it. It has a LOT of talent in it, and I enjoy mythical and theological stories. Crowe ALWAYS does a great job.

They've even taken on board (pun intended) the creationist idea of geysers of water shooting up through the earth's crust, to get around the problem of there not being anywhere near enough water through precipitation alone to flood the earth. 

Not to give the myth any credibility, but to be fair, the Genesis 7:11 and 8:2 do refer to "the fountains of the deep" (not just "windows of heaven" and "rain") as contributing to the flood. The story in the Bible was never just about rain, even though most of the time when the story is mentioned briefly, only rain is mentioned as the source.

I too love a good Biblical epic, I must admit. Ben Hur was awesome, as was Spartacus, and Gladiator and of course the ultimate swords and sandals movie, Life of Brian. I will definitely watch this, cos Rusty's great in everything. Hopefully he doesn't sing though. And hopefully Christians will watch this and go, "Oh. This story is actually kind of ridiculous. Do I really believe it?"

They've even taken on board (pun intended) the creationist idea of geysers of water shooting up through the earth's crust, to get around the problem of there not being anywhere near enough water through precipitation alone to flood the earth. 

Not to give the myth any credibility, but to be fair, the Genesis 7:11 and 8:2 do refer to "the fountains of the deep" (not just "windows of heaven" and "rain") as contributing to the flood. The story in the Bible was never just about rain, even though most of the time when the story is mentioned briefly, only rain is mentioned as the source.

true dat, although the authors of Genesis had no idea there were mountains as big as Everest, so they didn't know that even all the subterranean water on earth would still only provide a fraction of the water required to cover the highest mountain peaks. That's why some creationists posit a canopy of mist surrounding the earth pre-flood, which supposedly provided the bulk of the water. Idiot me used to believe that shit.