Goodbye Jesus

Loopy Christian Arguments

chrisstavrous

A tree has a circulatory system, therefore.....(from a JW)

The TAG argument/Kent Hovind thing:  we/you could not know anything if God did not provide an infallible source of truth.  But He did, the Bible, praise Him!  Therefore we can know stuff.  

So little children, even their pets, in cultures untouched by the Gospel, are able to know things because some of us have the Bible.  Or maybe, they can't know anything, because they don't have the Bible?  Or... ?   Anyway, TAG is deep.

Calvinist/ TAG apologist:  "hey, you know my salary is $2500 a month.  It says it right there in the contract."

Unbeliever boss:  "Well, actually, I don't know anything.  at most I only have opinion.  It's my opinion that your salary is ten dollars a month."

I have bushes in my yard. I created those bushes. I planted them, watered them and gave them sunlight. I can do whatever I want to my bushes, because they're mine. Now if I were to uproot my neighbor's plants, that would be wrong because they aren't my property. That's why killing people is wrong for humans, but not for God--murder is destroying God's belongings.

C.S. Lewis wrote ______. Therefore it must be true.

They conveniently ignore the fact that C. S. Lewis also said that Christianity is not the religion of abstaining from alcohol. He said only Islam teaches that. I'm pretty sure he was directing his comment squarely at American Christians who say that even a taste of alcohol will send you to hell.

• Like 1

The lord allows the terrible (add current disaster here) to test us and purify our faith.

Its okay to let someone else be responsible for your wrongdoings.

And if you dont believe this, you will burn for eternity.

The reason adam and eves descendants didn't become genetically corrupted is because adam and eves blood was pure.

(Not after the fall it wasn't)

god did represent himself once, though, in the book of Job.  He showed up in a whirlwind and basically said, "Don't question me, you little bastard."  That was probably the one time he really should have hidden behind his legal advisers.

You should read that passage again.  It's God acting like a child lording it over some Bronze Age humans about all the things that won't be discovered until science.

Ha!  You don't know where the sun goes at night!  And there is no way you could ever catch a crocodile and put it in a cage!  And you don't know what causes waves or why the sea stays in it's place!  I'm God and I know all that stuff.  

It's not so impressive when men walked on the moon before you were born and you carry around in your pocket a hand held computer that can access all the knowledge of human history.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

god did represent himself once, though, in the book of Job.  He showed up in a whirlwind and basically said, "Don't question me, you little bastard."  That was probably the one time he really should have hidden behind his legal advisers.

You should read that passage again.  It's God acting like a child lording it over some Bronze Age humans about all the things that won't be discovered until science.

Ha!  You don't know where the sun goes at night!  And there is no way you could ever catch a crocodile and put it in a cage!  And you don't know what causes waves or why the sea stays in it's place!  I'm God and I know all that stuff.  

It's not so impressive when men walked on the moon before you were born and you carry around in your pocket a hand held computer that can access all the knowledge of human history.

You're wrong; I do not have a smartphone. smile.png

Though you are correct that god was pretty much just bragging about how awesome he was (wasn't his bragging mouth what got Job into that mess to begin with).  Funny thing is, science kind of makes him look like a buffoon.  For example: Where does the sun go at night?  Absolutely nowhere.  It stays right where it is while the earth revolves around it.  Science has proven that.

• Like 2

I've changed the thread name to loopy christian arguments.

• Super Moderator

What was it called beforehand?  I've already forgotten.

What was it called beforehand? I've already forgotten.

loopy christian reasoning.

• Super Moderator

Oh, yeah. Sorry, I've been engaged in deep conversation with Mr. Evan Williams all day.

• Super Moderator

god said it. I believe it. That settles it.

god said it. I believe it. That settles it.

That one really grinds my gears!

If you don't believe like I do, then you're closed-minded.

Be careful of the whole "Good Shepherd" thing.  As a man who has raised many sheep, I can tell you, a shepherd is only interested in keeping sheep alive until they can be delivered to slaughter.  What's jesus' interest?

Jesus loves the sheep like a husband live his wives.  The church is the bride of Christ.

Jesus loves the sheep like a husband loves his wives. The church is the bride of Christ.

Yes, but unfortunately he has a problem, so he can never allow us to get to climax...

Revelation:

"Behold, I come quickly!"

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Be careful of the whole "Good Shepherd" thing.  As a man who has raised many sheep, I can tell you, a shepherd is only interested in keeping sheep alive until they can be delivered to slaughter.  What's jesus' interest?

Jesus loves the sheep like a husband live his wives.  The church is the bride of Christ.

Does jesus also "know" the sheep like a husband "knows" his wife? :)

• Super Moderator

God wants to be wanted; if he doesn't reveal himself to you, it's because you didn't want it badly enough.

If god didn't love us, then why did he send his son to die for us?

If jesus didn't rise again, then how do you explain the empty tomb?

Does jesus also "know" the sheep like a husband "knows" his wife? smile.png

Probably not until the wedding in heaven.  Except for JordanRiver, of course.  69.gif

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Does jesus also "know" the sheep like a husband "knows" his wife? smile.png

Probably not until the wedding in heaven.  Except for JordanRiver, of course.  69.gif

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Super Moderator

know jesus, know peace; no jesus, no peace.

You can't love yourself or others unless you first love jesus.

know jesus, know peace; no jesus, no peace.

You can't love yourself or others unless you first love jesus.

this always makes me think

what happened to people before Jesus, do they don't have peace?do they don't have love?

• Like 1

"I just believe/know in my heart _____." Oh. Well, okay.

• Like 1

One thing is for sure.  If a Christian starts talking about proof or evidence . . . there won't be any.

It also annoys me when Christians talk about knowing spiritual facts or spiritual truths. 

• Like 1