Goodbye Jesus

Loopy Christian Arguments

chrisstavrous

That thing about the robots is funny. I've pointed it out to believers before. Adam and Eve weren't robots, but because they were deceived to eat the forbidden fruit by a talking snake, all humans after them are robots, programmed to piss off their god, giving him a need to save them from the programming and look like a big hero.

Usually when I mention this, they come up with something like: You think you know God, but our finite minds just can't fully understand him.

Since our finite minds can't understand God we should not put trust in anyone claiming to know the mind of God.

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

That thing about the robots is funny. I've pointed it out to believers before. Adam and Eve weren't robots, but because they were deceived to eat the forbidden fruit by a talking snake, all humans after them are robots, programmed to piss off their god, giving him a need to save them from the programming and look like a big hero.

Usually when I mention this, they come up with something like: You think you know God, but our finite minds just can't fully understand him.

Since our finite minds can't understand God we should not put trust in anyone claiming to know the mind of God.

Yet we should believe the person telling us that ^ because he really does know the mind of God.   GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

^^^I know the mind of god because god's thoughts are higher than our thoughts so therefore... aw shit. :)

• Like 1

Yet we should believe the person telling us that ^ because he really does know the mind of God.   :HaHa: 

And he will say that he know because he is filled with holly spirit

Even though everybody claims to be filled with holly spirit, they are all ended up wih different explanations about one verse

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't made a decision yet on (where to go to college/who to marry/what to eat for breakfast) because God hasn't revealed his will to me yet. God hasn't revealed his will because I'm not praying or reading the bible enough. I must be a horrible Christian because of that. Yet, my self esteem needs to be based on Gods love. But he won't reveal his will to me because I'm not praying hard enough.

WTF? Years between age 18-22 were nothing but guilt for me.

Oh I forgot, "god have me a peace about it, so it must be right!" Never mind all reasoning says otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

You're thinking too much. Don't think. Just believe.

It's not a religion! It's a relationship!

Yep, those are two of my all time "favorites."

Especially love the "relationship" one because in two short sentences it manages to be untrue in so many ways!

The next time a believer says to me, "It's not a religion! It's a relationship!" I'll tell them, "Yeah, just like a relationship between a very young child and an absent father that they've never met. The only way they know anything about him is from what the much older siblings tell them. Usually those older siblings have a hidden agenda to control the youngest child through fear of the absent father abusing him in horrific ways if they don't believe what they are told." 

Then the believer would probably say, "No, it's not like that! He lives inside of us and we can feel it."

Then I'd say, "So the only way to know he is real or gives a crap is a good feeling you get when you're already convinced that he's going to make you feel good? That's a placebo, not a relationship with an invisible, undetectable deity."

The definition of "relationship" that some believers hold on to is a pretty screwed up definition.

• Like 3

Jesus take the wheel!!

I went to google to search about ET in the bible and met this website: http://www.gotquestions.org/aliens-Christian.html

and the writter said this:

"If a more advanced race is found, it would be interesting to see if they had stories about creation, sin, redemption, and an omnipotent, all-seeing Deity. If so, the Bible would have even more external validation. If not, then we have another mission field."

so stellar civilizations who has the power and knowledge of "god" will believe in jesus?

Christian's logic Wendytwitch.gif Wendytwitch.gif Wendytwitch.gif Wendytwitch.gif

Me: Why do some animals engage in homosexual activities?

Christian: The devil possess them.

Me: The devil cares about what some dolphins are doing somewhere in the middle of the ocean?

Me: Why do some animals engage in homosexual activities?

Christian: The devil possess them.

Me: The devil cares about what some dolphins are doing somewhere in the middle of the ocean?

Hahaha. Your response was great. I wonder if they think gawd smiteth animals who have gay sex?

Jesus take the wheel!!

I bet you won't find one Christian anywhere to actually try this while barreling down the freeway.  Of course, if they did and wrecked, then it would be god doing something great through tragedy.

• Like 1

You know that whole Footsteps in the Sand poem? A man dreamed he was reviewing his life and sees two sets of footprints in the sand along the way (his and God's.)

During the toughest times in your life (when there's only one set of footprints) that's when God carried you. 

Really?? I never felt "carried" by God during tough times. How would I know if God were carrying me during that time? Because it pretty much felt like I was limping along through it all by myself. 

What does that even MEAN? 

• Like 1

You know that whole Footsteps in the Sand poem? A man dreamed he was reviewing his life and sees two sets of footprints in the sand along the way (his and God's.)

During the toughest times in your life (when there's only one set of footprints) that's when God carried you. 

Really?? I never felt "carried" by God during tough times. How would I know if God were carrying me during that time? Because it pretty much felt like I was limping along through it all by myself. 

What does that even MEAN? 

Just another stupid thing some christians say.

"look into your heart"

"the lord is there in your times of need"

when we go thru periods of doubt or 'dark night  of the soul' ( christ how i wish I had deconverted when i got my first one) then gud is actually closest to us and it shows us also how much of a fear filled life unbelievers must live every day.