Goodbye Jesus

Sorry Guys

knowmad

You know I really thought I would be spending heaps of time in this forum,well I am just now cus I'm typing with one hand while the other is patiently waiting for some lacky from vodafone to actually talk to me, but I digress.

It would seem that this forum is more suited for ppl who still have struggles with thier deconversion and wish to discuss those issues.

Strangly I do not, apart from the 2 week withdrawals I had at the start of the year, christianity is but a very distant memory now.

So I suppose their's no point in coming here anymore or anyless.

Wish you all well in your unique journeys...I know I'm having a great time exploring mine...bye.

You know I really thought I would be spending heaps of time in this forum,well I am just now cus I'm typing with one hand while the other is patiently waiting for some lacky from vodafone to actually talk to me, but I digress.

It would seem that this forum is more suited for ppl who still have struggles with thier deconversion and wish to discuss those issues.

Strangly I do not, apart from the 2 week withdrawals I had at the start of the year, christianity is but a very distant memory now.

So I suppose their's no point in coming here anymore or anyless.

Wish you all well in your unique journeys...I know I'm having a great time exploring mine...bye.

I don't feel the need for any type of support, I come here for the conversation.

I don't feel the need for any type of support, I come here for the conversation.

Almost ditto.

I don't require the support, either. But I hang around to help others who ARE struggling, AND to sharpen my skills (claws) when dealing with the "opposition." Plus, every once in a while I pick up some tidbit of useful information. It's been a fabulous learning experience. I don't see myself ever leaving.

But you do what you gotta do, knowmad. See ya.

good to see you here again... good luck in your ventures.

Take care Knowmad.

At first I came here because of the need of discussing the questions and frustration I had, but now it's more of loving the heated debates and learning how people see things differently.

Same here. It's refresing to be able to gather in a place with like-minded people, even if it is online.

Best of luck.

I come here cause it's fun to whop fundies in the head with their own bibles.

Don't be a stranger, knowmad. You can always pop in on a whim when ya feel like it.

I stay because I'm the token fundie. :HaHa:

Honestly, I have no idea why I stay other than the fact that many people here are very enjoyable to be around and I learn from people like Hesitent and Serenity Now, among many others.

Sofi

Ahh. You're no fundie, Sophia. You're not judgmental enough.

If you're a fundie, then you're a no fun fundie. I'd never be able to ridicule you and sleep at night.

Ahh. You're no fundie, Sophia. You're not judgmental enough.

If you're a fundie, then you're a no fun fundie. I'd never be able to ridicule you and sleep at night.

Wow, Mythra.......I'll see what I can come up with to stir the pot so you can have fun AND sleep at night. :HaHa:

Don't be a stranger, knowmad. You can always pop in on a whim when ya feel like it.

That's very kind of you Mythra yet whims are not my usual mode of interaction.

And I do understand and enjoy the wonders of interactions with other life forms.

It's just the conversations seem to be centred around dealing with issues of deconversion and the supposed enemy affectionately called xtians and fundies.

I am somewhat surprised that I have no issues regarding my deconversion, I really thought I would so I gather this is why I don't feel any need to interact along those lines and I do understand the desire of ppl to be here to encourage and strengthen others who struggle with these issues.

That is a noble attitude to have and I have great respect for those that live that way.

Where would we be if we do not take time out to live for others.

I guess I'm just overwhelmed with the new realm I find myself in, so many things to explore and discussing deconversion etc just keeps me from exploring, sort of like I am unable to venture forth and explore if I keep my thoughts centered on something that happened a year ago that has been dealt with.

Why am I saying all this? I guess I'm exploring for the first time what is happening with me and trying to understand who I am and where I am going and where I want to go.

To each to his own someone mentioned in here.

LOL don't mind me I'm just ranting my inner thoughts on how I percieve reality now since deconversion, it's all very new and different compared to the old life of knowing what life was all about, or correctly put thinking I knew what life was all about in the context of xtianity.

I have no clear definition of what my journey will entail and I know my mode of interaction is constantly changing as I journey.

It's really weird and I hope I don't come across as some pompous idiot who thinks he's better than others. Although I never worry or am concerned what others think of me, ppl are free to define their own realities and I can imagine that my present mode of communication would seem that way to some, but what can you do ? LOL

I really do thing far too deep about things LOL but that's me and I find interaction a very interesting subject at the moment.

For example, I had this amazing conversation with some crows the other day, we chatted about man's connection with technology. They really do have great insight those crows.

Yet for some strange reason I don't think insects would have much to say, why?

If crows can communicate to us why can't insects? Mental blockage on my part that's for sure.

Anyway, yes I may pop in from time to time to say hi but I really have no idea what I would talk about, seems a bit awkward to come in every now and then just to say hi.

Although I did find that idiot fundies PM to me to be quite amusing to which he has not responded to my reply as of yet.

Have I still defined what I'm ranting on about in this post ? NOPE LOL

Oh exploring is so much fun.

Is that all? :phew: I was actually starting to think I might have chased you off.

It's just the conversations seem to be centred around dealing with issues of deconversion and the supposed enemy affectionately called xtians and fundies.

In a way, I know what you mean. There are times when I just feel like moving on, too. It's like, I spent my whole adult life thinking and talking about God. Now, here I've escaped from the whole religion thing, and I still spend all my time thinking and talking about God.

Maybe that's why they designed this site with other sections - so you could get away from the chatter.

:huh:

If you are a fundie, then you definitely don't live up to the reputation.

:scratch:

:shrug:

:huh:

If you are a fundie, then you definitely don't live up to the reputation.

:scratch:

:shrug:

Have I told you today where you're spending eternity? :Hmm:

:grin: Kidding!

bid you farewell, and a safe trip into the wilderness.

Later, stop by whenever, and be seeing you.

Sometimes it is nice to help people out when they are deconverting, sometimes it feels good to thump a bible thumper at their game and expose them here. And sometimes, just sometimes, the Sex and Christianity forum here gets really, really fun.

Is that all? :phew: I was actually starting to think I might have chased you off.

LOL not in a million years my dictionary obsessed friend.

If you had offended me I would have expressed it and confronted you about it.

I am practically unoffendable since I have learnt that when ppl behave in a negative destructive way toward others all they are doing is showing thier own imbalance and internal issues that they struggle with, so I never react, sometimes I will respond and sometimes I will not.

It all depends on cosmic timing and how much coffee I've consumed.

Lots of great replies here and yes I've had a look at the other sections, and as I write this I am figuring out why I am not attracted to any topics or sections as of yet I can't see the reasons why.

Very strange as I do very much enjoy interacting.

All I can figure out thus far is the coffee I usually drink is transmitting at a different frequency or I am running on a different frequency.

Ah, maybe while on this new and expansive journey I find it difficult to find time to come back and spend time with ppl. I guess I'm on a similar journey like the original inhabitants of this country do, they call it walkabout.

But if I see a middle aged white guy in a VW I'm gonna freak !

LOL you and me both ! Just come back from a great mtb ride with a mate and oh boy did we touch on a vast array of different topics.

We have established that I am not gay, which is a relief because I'm not into the whole anal thing, ppl obsessively think way too much about sex, how nature uses diversity to perpetuate species, fear and our desire for power relationship, the field and our perceptions of a god consciousness, our innate hunter/collector hard wiring and why x and y are very important letters, our strange desire/addiction for progress and what really is progress dot dot dot.

In the end we just talked about sex LOL

He said he liked it I said it doesn't interest me anymore , how's that for balance.

Oh to start a topic would be extremely difficult but you never know, I actully feel better this time around being here compared to a few weeks ago, maybe I'm just starting to get comfortable to this new perception.

I know I definately don't want to get involved in any debates like I did at CF, so....oh hell I don't know.

Anyway off with me son to get some waterproof shoes so we can explore the rainforest creek, man those waterfalls are awesome.

Buy some legs for the table I'm building for my new creative room and a bloody portable aircon for said room.

Nothing worse than having great buckets of sweat dribbling down one's arms while trying to type.

Actually there is something worse than having great buckets of sweat dribbling down one's arms while trying to type and that's having great buckets of sweat dribbling down one's arms while trying to type whilst being ripped apart by a big ol' nasty ol' dog that has a severe case of constipation.

I totally know what you mean Knowmad. I don't feel very useful around here either. I think that is what my whole abrupt departure was all about. I find it better to lurk in the shadows than to make an endless array of stupid and obvoius remarks.

Also,

I am practically unoffendable since I have learnt that when ppl behave in a negative destructive way toward others all they are doing is showing thier own imbalance and internal issues that they struggle with, so I never react, sometimes I will respond and sometimes I will not

By your definition, I would be the new American Psycho.

Anyone like Huey Lewis and the News????

But really, you're a peach. At least online you are.

LOL tnx. I'm pretty much the same online and offline.

Ah ! American Psycho, great movie.

Huey Lewis, the paradoxial "It's hip to be square"

Not into mainstream or rock and all it's mindnumbing variations.

Although I have seen a few vids of the original 50's rockers and that was pretty good, pure and raw.

I've been listening to Chemical Brothers for years now, the only thing I lisen to, but now I'm going back to my old fav of ambient/medative.

And I am quite fond of Rage Against The Machine at the moment because of their stance and desire to inform ppl of the shit going down in the world.

Yer I can see what you mean about being helpful and not wanting to interact with pointless chatter.

I spent about 6 months in the debating section at CF and after a while I began to see the vast perception mutual understanding gap between believers and nons and begun to see the futility of those types of conversations, yet they're still there trying to win the other over.

The "I'm right, you're wrong" mindset, I guess I had that during my 20 years of xtianity, now I'm just starting to get used to the "Everything is explorable" mentality, which is a little disorientating because now I have no secure foundation/platform to work from.

And chatting with my mate after the bike ride I remembered 2 things that would explain my hesitance with involvment.

1: I've been retraining my thinking life to not always give advice and just listen more, much to the relief of my teen daughter and

2: I go through a massive morphing process every 10 years, this is a time of my third one, which explains my slight disorientation with interacting with reality.

I guess I will try to visit a few times a week, prolly more during Jan cus I'm having all of that off on my first real holiday in over 10 years.