Goodbye Jesus

My Neighbors Are Smegs

chrisstavrous

Well, very interesting comments, you all seem to be saying the same thing. For starters try asking more questions first if you think your not getting the full story, I mean how else can you advise someone without knowing what's going on?

As for the full story, there new neighbours, moved in 6 months ago, straight up they seemed friendly, just in our first meeting they were making promises to get me a new TV (for nothing) I declined, because it seemed too awkward. Later after a few months of getting to know them I asked them if they knew anyone who was throwing away an old computer(yes they said) I offered to pay them but they refused the offer and said, no we will do it for free. This was about 3 months ago I asked. I did ask them about it and they told me, it will only be a few days, then in another meeting they told me, it will be a week away, now it's been 4 weeks and I have not heard about the computer. As to the (christian reference) they are always complaining how people in their family screws with them and lies to them, but they themselfs are honest christians, they always find a way to invoke god, jesus, their church to bolster there sincerity.

Now, it seems that the only advice that seems useful is talking to them about it one last time and if they make another promise wait to see if they fulfill it and if not wipe my hands of the whole thing.

Sounds to me like they are just the kind of people who say whatever they think others want to hear. They sound like people-pleasers. Likely, there never was a serious effort on their part to help you with your computer issues; they probably just thought if one came their way, they'd pass it along to you. Based on the number of posts you've made today, though, I'd wager you don't really need their help getting your hands on a computer. You might should go ahead and forget about getting any kind of real help from them.

Definately sound like the smeggiest of smeg-heads, though.

I'm pretty resourceful when I need to, but I would have bought one already if I knew where I stood on the situation, they just are keeping me in the dark.

Well, very interesting comments, you all seem to be saying the same thing. For starters try asking more questions first if you think your not getting the full story, I mean how else can you advise someone without knowing what's going on?

As for the full story, there new neighbours, moved in 6 months ago, straight up they seemed friendly, just in our first meeting they were making promises to get me a new TV (for nothing) I declined, because it seemed too awkward. Later after a few months of getting to know them I asked them if they knew anyone who was throwing away an old computer(yes they said) I offered to pay them but they refused the offer and said, no we will do it for free. This was about 3 months ago I asked. I did ask them about it and they told me, it will only be a few days, then in another meeting they told me, it will be a week away, now it's been 4 weeks and I have not heard about the computer. As to the (christian reference) they are always complaining how people in their family screws with them and lies to them, but they themselfs are honest christians, they always find a way to invoke god, jesus, their church to bolster there sincerity.

Now, it seems that the only advice that seems useful is talking to them about it one last time and if they make another promise wait to see if they fulfill it and if not wipe my hands of the whole thing.

I would just ignore the offer since it never seems to appear. Then tell them you're an atheist. :-

I have thought of just not getting personally involved with them anymore, it's also an idea I had.

Maybe they are testing your worthiness before handing over the computer....tell them something like, "Oh I wish I had a way to catalog all my thoughts about how I love Jesus! My brain is full to the brim and well, my handwriting is so poor but gosh, I can type great! It's as if God is telling me I should write a book about his love and compassion....I feel God has brought us together for this great purpose ...."

:-)

• Super Moderator

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Super Moderator

So I found out last night that Red Dwarf is on Netflix.  I've been up since 4am watching it.  Thanks a bundle chrisstavrous.

Amazing...new words...hell, in my day, they would just be called 'Flaky'. 

"Smeg" is not a new word.  In my youth it was used frequently as an insult.  It was short for "smegma-felcher". Smegma is the cheesy white stuff found on mammalian genitals.  Maybe it means something else now.

So I found out last night that Red Dwarf is on Netflix. I've been up since 4am watching it. Thanks a bundle chrisstavrous.

I am watching series 1-4 they are the best ones.

Thanks for all you're comments, it did help. I have talked to them and now I am waiting to see what happens.