Goodbye Jesus

The More I Force Unbelieve, The More I Believe

Ranger26

• Super Moderator

It's okay to believe and it's okay to doubt.  It is also okay to doubt your beliefs and to believe your doubts.  If that sounds confusing it is only because no one should ever be so conceited as to think they've got it all figured out. 

I think you should be proud of yourself for being open to rationally examining your beliefs and attempting to come to terms with them.  It takes a lot of courage and emotional fortitude to admit that you may be wrong but aren't ready to give up your beliefs just yet.  As others have said, this is your personal journey.  It doesn't end here; neither does it end with you necessarily choosing belief or unbelief.  Take the time you need; ask the questions you need answered.  Ultimately, your truth will set you free.  My truth may not work for you just as yours may not work for me.  But when you find your truth, you will know it for what it is.

Man, when I left church, I never thought that one day I would consider myself an ex-christian. All it was for me was to find the real deal. To be who I am and to stop pretending.

There where too many questions that I had to just drop all my christian believes.

I am out now for six years and its only by looking where I was that I can see how far I have travelled...and not really intending to not believe. Actually it was a leap of face I took by leaving...the faith that if it all where true, God would go after his lost sheep as it is written in the bible. He would see my honest heart that was just looking for truth and nothing more. I stil think I am a spiritual person, but just different. Very different. Maybe that will change over time too, in one or the other direction or somewhere I did not consider yet. Life is full of surprises, especially when you leave the path of narrow mindedness. But even that is a process you cant force yourself into. Let it happen, don't be afraid.

• Like 1

Oops, a leap of faith I wanted to say...haha. Sorry, I am not native in english and those stupid mistakes happen.

Oops, a leap of faith I wanted to say...haha. Sorry, I am not native in english and those stupid mistakes happen.

Not a worry I knew what you meant.

It's funny, the night before I deconverted (or was it the same day) I asked God for a sign (of some sorts), so when I received the sudden realisation I knew it was right :) It was like God speaking out to me, "I do not exist" lol

Not a worry I knew what you meant.

It's funny, the night before I deconverted (or was it the same day) I asked God for a sign (of some sorts), so when I received the sudden realisation I knew it was right smile.png It was like God speaking out to me, "I do not exist" lol

Haha, yes, somehow it feels that way. Like I always wanted a sign or certainty and then I finally just decide to say goodbye to it, it feels so very right...if you would tell christians about it, they would not believe you. Actually I had a discussion once with someone and she would just blackmail me and tell me how wrong I was etc. All that I could think of was, if she only knew, if she only could see me right now instead of just reading my words and interpreting them from the point where she has seen and known me last.

It was that moment when I decided to trust in whats on my heart, means in myself, that I got that certainty, that knowing :-) and also a new and never before known self esteem. Crazy just to think about it.

• Like 2