Goodbye Jesus

Here Is Practical Explanation About Next Life, Purpose Of Human Life, Philosophical/religious Facts, Theories Etc.

Guest Haribol2332

Haribo, you are indeed wasting your time here.  You don't respect us, you believe in unproven things like souls and reincarnation, and it appears to Me that you wouldn't know real neuroscience if it bit you in the corpus callosum.

Perhaps you should withdraw from this site of your own accord, lest you embarrass your teachers further.

• Like 1

Guest Haribol2332

Haribo, you are indeed wasting your time here.  You don't respect us, you believe in unproven things like souls and reincarnation, and it appears to Me that you wouldn't know real neuroscience if it bit you in the corpus callosum.

Perhaps you should withdraw from this site of your own accord, lest you embarrass your teachers further.

respect for what ? what you have clearly explained yet ? im not able to see anything verifiable and tangible.

and i already know it that you are all shameless idiots. therefore i will simply say this word fools paradise.

________

and that is all.

Look, I've got nothing against reciting mantras and doing pujas, whether to Lord Krishna, Ganesha, Rama, or Goddess Saraswati (whom I prefer because of her association with education and scholarship).  Heck, I've been working on learning the Gayatri Mantra, which probably appears ridiculous to an outside observer since I look like an Indian but recite the Sanskrit words badly and in an American accent. 

Can't possibly sound as ridiculous as when I tried it in My half-Mid-Atlantic, half-Prairies Canadian accent (and I undoubtedly sound just as silly reciting the Hávamál from the Poetic Edda, in Old Icelandic.)

respect for what ? what you have clearly explained yet ? im not able to see anything verifiable and tangible.

and i already know it that you are all shameless idiots. therefore i will simply say this word fools paradise.

________

and that is all.

Yeah we can see just how happy your religion makes you.  Who doesn't want to be like that?

• Like 1

^^^ What MyMistake says.  You must be a dreadfully unhappy young man, Haribol, to speak to us the way that you do.  Why would any of us want to take the same poisonous path that you have taken?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here.

wait `1st give me explanation on  conscious ? where is it ? show it now.

This is not the place for you to learn about neuroscience. Science attempts to answer questions with demonstrable and repeatable facts, religion merely guesses and offers no evidence.

But regarding the answering of questions, let's return to my post #7:

BEFORE YOU CONTINUE, please provide evidence beyond your mere assertion that Krishna exists; then we'll talk.

So I'd like to see you answer my request. We'll not waste time on religions and rules built upon gods that can't even be shown to actually exist.

Please show the evidence now. Last chance.

To answer the OP's original question, "Why don't we remember every single second of our lives?"

Scientifically speaking, our brain is proactive. It's a nonstop generator of probabilities and predictions. Quite literally, even when you are asleep, it is hunting or logging anything that is new, or novel. That is why some dreams stick out more than others and we tend to remember them. Besides perceptions of possible threats, the novelty of an experience or event is the most attractive data for our brain that is most likely to be remembered. A novelty is something that is the quality of being new, original, or unusual.

As a matter of fact, the novelty of something is the most common, if not PRIMAL reason, we learn. And what we learn and put to memory, is unfathomable amounts of unusual, dare I say NOVEL, pieces of information about the world and universe we live in. This pool of information adds to our understanding, almost like a personal running list of events that helps us to later make choices that best predicts what we need to do in certain situations. Like going on that trip scuba diving or putting out a grease fire in your favorite frying pan. This is why there are many different styles of learning. I think what you really need to understand is what memories actually are. You act as if memories are individual beings or objects, when in reality, it's learning that has been cataloged by your brain for future reference, which really helps to narrow down the risks of bad decision making.

Also, you are completely throwing the understanding of how the human brain develops out the window. Quite literally, you are tossing out science! You realize why we do not remember birth or even remember clearly many of our first 3 to 4 years of life experiences right? It has to do with the fact our brains are not even developed fully until our later teenage years! This is a proven medical FACT. Look it up and educate yourself about the human body. You are falsely making jumps to previous lives based on blatant IGNORANCE of how our human bodies work. Here is a terrific article about children and memory by ABC news: http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=97848&page=1

But, as to a simple answer as to why I don't remember every single second of my life? It has nothing to do with a previous life. Easily put, there wasn't a reason to write in to memory ever single moment of my experience.  Not every routine is a memorable one, and not every single second of my day is worth the hard drive space to be written on.

Haribol, and I leave it on YOU to do the rest of the research since you are the one making a claim without evidence)

• Like 1

When I was a Christian college student, a hare krishna missionary tried to evanglize me, I counter-evangliezed him until he became annoyed and asked me to leave him alone and let him get on with his mission. I refused and basically attempted to torment him into leaving the campus. I said to him, "I curse your works in Jesus name!"

So embarrassing to look back on now. Two lunatics going at it. I should have put that effort into my studies.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator
"I curse your works in Jesus name!"

Bwaaahhhhaaaaaa! I'd pay to see such a show. Sorry, I know it's embarrassing now, but that was fuckin' funny!

Yeah, I really felt God had appointed me personally to the task of standing in the gap between the lost souls on the campus and this agent of Satan. First,  I stalled for time by acting interested. I figured the more time he spent talking to me, the less time he'd have to infect the minds of others. Eventually he figured out my tactic and tried to move on and then I started openly rebuking the spirit of HInduism, etc.

I guess I really do learn something new every day.  An aggressively evangelical Hindu.  I had never before encountered the like.

Well, as he has resorted to calling us all idiots, I guess that means he is out of ammo.

I can't tell him apart from the drive by christians.

I guess I really do learn something new every day.  An aggressively evangelical Hindu.  I had never before encountered the like.

Proselytizing isn't really a part of Hinduism, but ISKON (aka Hare Krishnas) is the exception.  As far as I know it's a mostly Western movement, but I have seen Indians associated with it too.  They used to preach in airports and other public areas, but this practice mostly died out a couple decades ago.  After all, when was the last time you saw a Hare Krishna in an airport?  I fly about three times a year and I haven't.  Maybe I don't go to the right cities.

• Like 1

Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here.

wait `1st give me explanation on  conscious ? where is it ? show it now.

Fuck off. Do it now. :-)

Thanks, but I'm already happy. Really, truly, deeply, and peacefully happy. 

I'm glad for you if this path you're on makes you happy and following these rules or restrictions on diet and activities brings you happiness. 

I don't need it though. I'm good where I am on my own path. 

In the future, please don't give me any advice on what to do unless I ask for it. I am not on your path and I don't wish to be. 

May your own future continue to bring you joy, happiness, and peace. 

• Like 2

Funny thing though, he doesn't seem AT ALL happy or peaceful.

I sometimes lurk at various christian forums and most of what I see is a lot of anger, confusion, bewilderment, fear, rage, etc.

• Like 1

My husband believes in Krishna, we were together both before and after marriage for about 8 years before he mentioned Krishna.  I saw his Bhagavadgita (sp?) around, never picked it up.  It reminded me too much of the bibbbbble.  I still don't read it, but he will tell me interesting things he believes in, and has never once tried to 'convert' me.  When I told him about this Haribo character he laughed and said he is misguided. 

After years of being very ill, I had a long series of hospitalizations and visiting doctors on a daily basis for two years, I am finally settling down and came here to my old stomping grounds to see what is happening.  Glad to see Florduh still around and going strong.

HI FLORDUH!  yellow.gif

I recently moved to a very nice place, it is a campus of older people with fixed incomes, non government run. 

The upside is: non government.

The downside is: all the people who run the place are born again assholes. smiliegojerkit.gif  They can and do prosletize as much as time will allow... ish!!!

I had a very uncomfortable encounter yesterday, reminding me of why I left Christianity with so much guilt and shame.

Thank you all for being here when I needed a shot of true humanity.  I treasure this site.  3.gif

Hello to Cryotanknotworthy.gif WMDave, as well... I used to visit his very first site about 10 or 12 years ago.  Ranting and raging!

• Like 1

I am finally settling down and came here to my old stomping grounds to see what is happening.

I remember you Mahjong. We registered the same year. My screen name used to be HanSolo.

• Super Moderator

Welcome home, mahjong!

Thanks, but I'm already happy. Really, truly, deeply, and peacefully happy. 

I'm glad for you if this path you're on makes you happy and following these rules or restrictions on diet and activities brings you happiness. 

I don't need it though. I'm good where I am on my own path. 

In the future, please don't give me any advice on what to do unless I ask for it. I am not on your path and I don't wish to be. 

May your own future continue to bring you joy, happiness, and peace. 

I'm sorry RaLeah, your post makes me think you are medicated, but walk on sister.

Hi Mahjong, welcome back.

Guest Haribol2332

My husband believes in Krishna, we were together both before and after marriage for about 8 years before he mentioned Krishna.  I saw his Bhagavadgita (sp?) around, never picked it up.  It reminded me too much of the bibbbbble.  I still don't read it, but he will tell me interesting things he believes in, and has never once tried to 'convert' me.  When I told him about this Haribo character he laughed and said he is misguided. 

After years of being very ill, I had a long series of hospitalizations and visiting doctors on a daily basis for two years, I am finally settling down and came here to my old stomping grounds to see what is happening.  Glad to see Florduh still around and going strong.

HI FLORDUH!  yellow.gif

I recently moved to a very nice place, it is a campus of older people with fixed incomes, non government run. 

The upside is: non government.

The downside is: all the people who run the place are born again assholes. smiliegojerkit.gif  They can and do prosletize as much as time will allow... ish!!!

I had a very uncomfortable encounter yesterday, reminding me of why I left Christianity with so much guilt and shame.

Thank you all for being here when I needed a shot of true humanity.  I treasure this site.  3.gif

Hello to Cryotanknotworthy.gif WMDave, as well... I used to visit his very first site about 10 or 12 years ago.  Ranting and raging!

`1st of all there are more then 5000 non authorative bhagavad gita. so which one your husband is reading from eight years ?

and 2nd point is this that you are simply imposing an cheap opinion of your husband on me that im misguided.

i have explained here Practical explanation and still im misguided and your husband is right without any explanation ? right ?

Special Note :- simply explain how your husband is right and not misguided like me ? explain it now  without imposing your husbands cheap opinion upon me. give me another explanation which prove this thing that your husband is actually right.

and if you will still give me an cheap opinion instead of any explanation then i will say only two words ** fools paradise.**

and 2nd point is this that you are simply imposing an cheap opinion of your husband on me that im misguided.

Nobody is imposing anything on you, Hairyball.  If you won't answer our questions then why should we answer yours?  If you won't respect us then why should we respect you?