Goodbye Jesus

Here Is Practical Explanation About Next Life, Purpose Of Human Life, Philosophical/religious Facts, Theories Etc.

Guest Haribol2332

Haribol, there is nothing practical about your "explanation."  You are a saffron-robed parrot squawking myth and pseudoscience, biting people with your diseased beak if they dare to question you.

Your behaviour on this forum is an embarrassment to any gods there may be.  What a self-righteous pious wretch you are.

• Like 2

My husband believes in Krishna, we were together both before and after marriage for about 8 years before he mentioned Krishna.  I saw his Bhagavadgita (sp?) around, never picked it up.  It reminded me too much of the bibbbbble.  I still don't read it, but he will tell me interesting things he believes in, and has never once tried to 'convert' me.  When I told him about this Haribo character he laughed and said he is misguided. 

After years of being very ill, I had a long series of hospitalizations and visiting doctors on a daily basis for two years, I am finally settling down and came here to my old stomping grounds to see what is happening.  Glad to see Florduh still around and going strong.

HI FLORDUH!  yellow.gif

I recently moved to a very nice place, it is a campus of older people with fixed incomes, non government run. 

The upside is: non government.

The downside is: all the people who run the place are born again assholes. smiliegojerkit.gif  They can and do prosletize as much as time will allow... ish!!!

I had a very uncomfortable encounter yesterday, reminding me of why I left Christianity with so much guilt and shame.

Thank you all for being here when I needed a shot of true humanity.  I treasure this site.  3.gif

Hello to Cryotanknotworthy.gif WMDave, as well... I used to visit his very first site about 10 or 12 years ago.  Ranting and raging!

`1st of all there are more then 5000 non authorative bhagavad gita. so which one your husband is reading from eight years ?

and 2nd point is this that you are simply imposing an cheap opinion of your husband on me that im misguided.

i have explained here Practical explanation and still im misguided and your husband is right without any explanation ? right ?

Special Note :- simply explain how your husband is right and not misguided like me ? explain it now  without imposing your husbands cheap opinion upon me. give me another explanation which prove this thing that your husband is actually right.

and if you will still give me an cheap opinion instead of any explanation then i will say only two words ** fools paradise.**

I just KNOW that your belief system is incorrect. The one TRUE God has told me this.

Alright, I'm of the opinion that this is enough.

First, there is nothing practical about what you are saying.  It is just another belief system with no evidence.  I certainly don't think less of you or anyone else for believing it, or anyone for believing any religion.  That being said, your ways are not our ways.  You are being disrespectful and childish and I for one am getting annoyed with the repeated verbal abuse you are dishing out here.

Nearly all of us have left a religion that has been a huge part of our lives for years or decades.  For the most part, we are not jumping at the opportunity to be converted into another one.

Now this is the important part.  We do not owe you any explanations.  You are the one coming here trying to sell us something.  YOU need to explain it to us.  You need to do so in a respectful manner, and for this crowd, you are also going to need to make clear and logical arguments backed up by evidence.  We will be happy to converse with you if you can agree to these conditions.  Otherwise go away.  You are being rude, condescending and completely unwilling to engage anybody in respectful terms.  And your repeated demands that any of us explain anything "now" or belittling someone's opinion or method of practicing their faith is completely needless and will quickly move you into troll status.  I think you're there already, but I am less patient than some.

One last thing, this "fool's paradise" that you claim we are living in sure seems a LOT better than whatever Hell you are going through to make you act like this much of a jerk.  So I'll stay here in paradise thank you very much.  You continue to enjoy the hell from whence you came.

PS,

If you are truly interested in our well-being and not simply harassing us, and you believe that exposing us to your belief system will contribute to our well-being, let me offer you one bit of advice.  Respectfully ask a moderator to close this thread, you are going to accomplish nothing here.  Then start a new thread in the Lion's Den, following the conditions I laid out above.  We will be happy to converse with you there.

• Like 4

Thanks, but I'm already happy. Really, truly, deeply, and peacefully happy. 

I'm glad for you if this path you're on makes you happy and following these rules or restrictions on diet and activities brings you happiness. 

I don't need it though. I'm good where I am on my own path. 

In the future, please don't give me any advice on what to do unless I ask for it. I am not on your path and I don't wish to be. 

May your own future continue to bring you joy, happiness, and peace. 

I'm sorry RaLeah, your post makes me think you are medicated, but walk on sister.

I am not on any medications whatsoever.

Why is it so hard for you to believe a person can feel peaceful and happy in this life and not feel the need to try to make other people think like you do or live like you do? 

I know there is suffering in the world, and I feel sympathy, and where I can, I take action. That doesn't mean I should squash or diminish my own joy of living. It means I do what I can when I can, and when I can't, I accept my own limitations and life boundaries. 

This also doesn't mean my life is easy and / or problem-free. It means I trust that I'll deal with every challenge that arises to the best of my abilities with my integrity intact. It means that even if I do suffer or mourn the death of a loved one, I feel peaceful with myself and the way I believe and how I behave and live my own life. It means I'm patient with myself as I learn and grow and forgive myself for mistakes I make along the way as I strive to live a kind life. (If I do ever accidentally hurt someone else, I will apologize and strive to make amends right away.)

Perhaps you have a different definition of happiness. I don't see it as being ecstatic all the time or feeling full of bliss every moment. I think of happiness as a state of contentment, recognizing your own power and limitations, and finding peace in your choices and life, knowing you're doing your best to live a good, kind, honest, and generous life to the best of your abilities. 

And yes, when you do that, you give yourself permission to feel joy, real joy, sometimes. I will never be ashamed of that, nor let anyone diminish it by thinking it sounds medicated or crazy. That's your own projection originating from your own limitation, and it doesn't belong to me. You can keep that opinion if you wish though. It's perfectly fine with me. 

I do hope and wish for everyone that they can find peace and happiness in their life. 

My (Christian) mother told me a long time ago, when I was a moody and frequently depressed teenager: "Everyone has problems and challenges. You can't avoid that. All you can control is your attitude about those things and how you choose to face and deal with them. You can choose to feel angry or scared or frustrated or bitter... or you can choose to be positive and pro-active and believe in yourself, that you can always choose to feel empowered and face every challenge with dignity. Personality is what you're born with, but character is a choice." 

It took a few years for those words to sink in, but they did. And that's how I choose to live.

My mother is a wise woman. I'm very grateful for her. 

• Like 5

I accept everything that Hari has said so far and look forward to hearing even more.

mwc

• Super Moderator

Hairyball, since you have continued to ignore me and still refuse to address Post #7, you are excused. Good luck.

Praise the FLORD!  Who has mightily cast out yet another demon from among us.jesus.gif

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

FLORD!

You get a gold star.

FLORD!

You get a gold star.

I think that name's gonna stick on you, Florduh. Especially when you're doing the part of your job that involves smiting the unrighteous self-righteous.

Praise FLORD!  His wrath is just and his mercy is long suffering.

• Like 1

Yes! Praise the Flord Uh!

I'm sorry RaLeah, your post makes me think you are medicated, but walk on sister.

...so, end is still a dick.  Got it.

Looks like Haribol should have feared the Flord thy Mod, to keep all His statutes and His commandments, all the days of his life; and that his days may have been prolonged.

• Like 2

Looks like Haribol should have feared the Flord thy Mod, to keep all His statutes and His commandments, all the days of his life; and that his days may have been prolonged.

The fool says in his heart "there is no Mod".

• Like 1

The Flord Thy Mod

jesus.gifjesus.gifjesus.gif

That should go into Florduh's profile!

• Like 1

explain about these points which i have written upside ^. go ahead and do it now. ( and don't give me anytype of link because that is not an argument and i didn't gave any link in my argument )

Umm, you haven't made an argument.  All you're doing is demanding answers to some pretty ridiculous questions.

You are trying to start an argument, but that's completely different.