Goodbye Jesus

Why Was Richard Dawkins Unable To Explaint The Origin Of The Universe?

sandiego4me

• Super Moderator

Sandiego has posted two threads for our amusement today, and I think I can sum both threads up quite nicely with the following statement:

I am angry at evolution for lumping me in to the same species as Sandiego4Me.

Thank you.

• Like 3

Maybe God was born from Super Goddess after Super God and Super Goddess had sex with each other. When the super gods wouldn't let God rule over Earth like he wanted to, he retrieved a super god killing sword from Super God's closet. He then killed his parents, went to the Israelites, and said, "I am God, now worship me and only me, or else!" 

Is that a good answer for where God came from?

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif Sure! That works too.

I love that show. Cracks me up every time.

But I will give them this: they present evidence before presenting their presupposed conclusions. Christians simply say, "It's in the book..."

Whether you know it or not, the entire foundation for evolution requires this question to be answered. 

You cannot possibly really be this stupid. Please, tell me that you are not and that you are simply trolling. At this point, I would prefer that you were a troll than a complete idiot.

It's common sense.  Evolution preaches that the contents inside the building move and change.  However, it has no explanation for the existence of the building itself.  Until you can explain the origin of the building, any discussion of evolution is secondary. 

"We were dragged into this dungeon blindfolded. But unless we know the names of the people who built the dungeon, we'll never escape."

• Like 1

And now I'll vanish toward my workplace, just so you have no right to claim I'm running from your bullshit when I stop responding now.

Why doesn't it surprise me that you can't answer my question?

Well I would thank this morontheist for the proof that it's not worth my time... but then, it wouldn't be able to appreciate any thank yous that aren't wrapped in gawd crap so I'll just plonk this piece of shit. firedevil.gif

I thought Dawkins answered the question well enough. Christians believe the universe was created by invisible super friends and an imaginary sky fairy, with the use of magic. Any time xtians want to sound imprtant, they make up answers and expect eveyone to 'ooh' and 'awe' over their enlightened explanations. That may work in K-12 but in the real world we just find christian explanations laughable.   

Dawkins' answer is no less filled with pixey dust and fairly tales.  sandiiego

Than what? No more filled with Pixey dust than what? You comment is in response to  HereticZero's above quoted comment about christians'  "invisible super friends and an imaginary sky fairy with the use of magic"  A very telling admission on your part. A Freudian slip perhaps? You say Dawkins' statements are no less full of shit than the christians' god/magicians'. Well, at least we can agree that the christians' fairy tails are full of shit. That could be a beginning or your enlightenment.

Why doesn't it surprise me that you have no objective evidence that there ever was nothing?

My good man, have you read Einstein and Hubble?  In short, their scientific discoveries conclusively established a starting point for matter and everything in the universe.  This was roughly 13.7 billion years ago.  This is scientific fact.  Yes, actual, physical fact.   Did you honestly not know this?

Oh, not this garbage again.  BAA clearly showed you how wrong you were in another of your annoyingly repetitive threads. 

By the way, it STILL stinks.

Quite correct, WarriorPoet.

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/59459-the-question-that-evolutionists-cant-answer/page-5

Specifically, post # 85.

SD4M, I'm quite happy to talk cosmology with you, but my one condition still holds.

You MUST retract the false information you wrote in that thread.

Seeing as the Mods locked it, this thread would be a good place for you to write your retraction.

Once you've done that... then you and I can talk cosmology.

Thanks,

BAA

Your demand for retraction is ill-informed.   Einstein considered his "Cosmological Constant" attempt to be "the biggest blunder of my career."    Don't believe me?   Google it.  

My belief or disbelief in what you write is irrelevant.

My terms are non-negotiable.

I've went thru your original post about the cosmological constant on a point-by-point basis, exposing your errors and misunderstandings and I've cited links to Wikipedia pages to corroborate my position.

Since you've done nothing but bat this right back at me, you leave me no choice.

TO THE MODERATORS.

PLEASE BAN THIS TROLL ASAP!

Thank you,

BAA.

• Like 2

Whether you know it or not, the entire foundation for evolution requires this question to be answered. 

You cannot possibly really be this stupid. Please, tell me that you are not and that you are simply trolling. At this point, I would prefer that you were a troll than a complete idiot.

It's common sense.  Evolution preaches that the contents inside the building move and change.  However, it has no explanation for the existence of the building itself.  Until you can explain the origin of the building, any discussion of evolution is secondary. 

"We were dragged into this dungeon blindfolded. But unless we know the names of the people who built the dungeon, we'll never escape."

Troll_in_the_dungeon%21.gif

• Like 2

If there is anybody who actually wants to read about how science actually materially helps prove creation, read "The Fingerprint of God" by astrophysicist Hugh Ross.   

You really are a joke! Hugh Ross? His ideas are not even widely accepted amongst christians!

How about getting your head out of your ..... oh never mind!! It's probably the best place for it!

• Super Moderator

Ooh! Ooh! I got this!!!!!

Because he didn't have the answer and neither do you.

Though this isn't the Den, the Lions are calling for your head. You're not using it anyway. Use it or lose it. What say ye, sandiego?

Though this isn't the Den, the Lions are calling for your head. You're not using it anyway. Use it or lose it. What say ye, sandiego?

It's really unfortunate that you are a moderator because I can't vote your posts up. Then again, since I would be voting them all up, it leaves more for me to share with everyone else.

Every time SandyTroll posts something and I read this community's responses, I gain more and more admiration for all y'all. 

I love this site. You people are amazing.

Please Please Florduh!

Can you make sandi..e..go..4..me ?? 

Wendymagic.gif Wendymagic.gif 

• Super Moderator

Do I need to quote another passage from the Gospel of St. Redneck?

• Super Moderator

I hear the lamentation of my people and yea, thou dost have a point. The unclean spirit hath but one more chance, for I am a long suffering and just Mod.

Take note newbies and lurkers. This is what you got out of, ignoring presented facts and arguments with "god didit." Thank the stars you're out, or nearly so.

• Like 1

Awwww. Sad panda. I thought you had the answer when I saw the "Ohh! Ooh! I got this!!!!" sad.png

Why, oh why, cruel world, can no one answer the ultimate question that is fundamental for us to even begin to think about existence, what came first, donuts or donut-holes?

Awwww. Sad panda. I thought you had the answer when I saw the "Ohh! Ooh! I got this!!!!" sad.png

Why, oh why, cruel world, can no one answer the ultimate question that is fundamental for us to even begin to think about existence, what came first, donuts or donut-holes?

The answer to your question is "bakers".  And this proves that god created the universe.  Obviously.

Why doesn't it surprise me that you have no objective evidence that there ever was nothing?

My good man, have you read Einstein and Hubble?  In short, their scientific discoveries conclusively established a starting point for matter and everything in the universe.  This was roughly 13.7 billion years ago.  This is scientific fact.  Yes, actual, physical fact.   Did you honestly not know this?

Oh, not this garbage again.  BAA clearly showed you how wrong you were in another of your annoyingly repetitive threads. 

By the way, it STILL stinks.

Quite correct, WarriorPoet.

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/59459-the-question-that-evolutionists-cant-answer/page-5

Specifically, post # 85.

SD4M, I'm quite happy to talk cosmology with you, but my one condition still holds.

You MUST retract the false information you wrote in that thread.

Seeing as the Mods locked it, this thread would be a good place for you to write your retraction.

Once you've done that... then you and I can talk cosmology.

Thanks,

BAA

Your demand for retraction is ill-informed.   Einstein considered his "Cosmological Constant" attempt to be "the biggest blunder of my career."    Don't believe me?   Google it.  

BAA already refuted this claim, which you already made on another thread.  Einstein was referring to something other than what you think, and his admission has nothing to do with the point you're trying to make.  But instead of showing how BAA was in error, you merely repeat your assertion here, as though nothing had been said on the earlier thread.  

I have nothing to add that other's haven't said more brilliantly than I could. I've felt this way on multiple discussions here today.

I'm in particular admiration of how your educated minds, bright wits, and sheer ATTITUDE deal with these fog-brained trolls who are here only to provoke with their third-grade questions and their elusiveness.

I can probably best tell you what I mean by saying I ran out of my day's allotment of reputation points before I'd finished my morning caffeine. You're that awesome. I WANT MORE POINTS TO GIVE!!!

• Super Moderator

• Like 1

Right.  But if Dawkins had said that an Invisible Pink Unicorn had made the universe using magic words then that would have been a proper explanation.  No wait, it's only a proper explanation if Yahweh did it using magic words.

Science starts with "I don't know" and if we still don't know there is no shame in admitting that.

Whether you know it or not, the entire foundation for evolution requires this question to be answered.  I find it fascinating that people just skirt over this question, as if it has no relevance.  Again, I'm not asking folks to believe in God.  I'm just trying to get them to think about why they really believe evolution and whether there is any proof to support its ultimate origins.   

If you weren't asking people to believe in God you would not be here.

Understanding evolution does not require knowing how the universe started. That's a different field. I think BAA calls it Cosmology.

Evolution is concerned with change over time, not origins. Otherwise it would be called Origination.

Five pages of this, wow. Time for videogames. Have fun.

The answer to your question is "bakers".  And this proves that god created the universe.  Obviously.

God is a baker, and Hell is the oven.

So why do we have something instead of nothing? 

Because having nothing forever is harder to keep than something at some point. 

That's all there is to it. 

And because there could have been something at some point, there is, rather than is not. 

It's kind of a probability question that we already know the answer to, because we are here. 

But we DO know that it first takes simple things to evolve into more complex things, not the other way around. So a complex God is more difficult to begin with than to end with. 

So where did God come from? God had to come from somewhere? How does God exist if NOTHING should exist? 

I know the answer to this question: Humans made up God to explain how they existed when they had no other explanation. Primitive man didn't have the benefit of science and history nor access to information the way we do today. The easiest answer was that something made them, because they didn't make themselves.

Question for you:

Do you think God made itself? How? Where did it come from in order to make itself? Or does God have a creator even bigger and better than itself? If it did have a more powerful creator than itself, how would WE ever know that? What if you're worshipping the wrong God? What if you should be worshipping God's creator? What if God's creator is really nice and benevolent, but God is mean and wants to send people to hell and other people to heaven, but God's creator is going to come along and go, "So, God, what have you been up to lately in the corner of your universe? WHAT?? Okay, no. I'm not going to let you do that. Quit scaring the humans and playing around with them by teasing them with all those different religions. Cut it out. I swear, I turn my back for just a few hundred millenniums, and you go and make humans and taunt them. What is wrong with you? You are SO grounded!"