Goodbye Jesus

Why Do Christians Want To Go To Heaven?

rach

Guest chrisassaf

Another reason to go to heaven would be to meet interesting people. I know for a fact 100% that they are happy. (people like abraham lincoln would be there and I know he is happy)

Also, the bible says that there will be no boredom in heaven.

Guest chrisassaf

When I look at the description of heaven as described in the bible I just can't imagine how anybody could desire to go there!  Freaks me the hell out!  You've got a place with no nighttime, no sea, no marriage, no sex, apparently no fashion (white robes, apparently), and of course ruled by a dictator.  And to top it all off, the Apostle Paul will be there.  Forever.  For the life of me I just cannot see how a Christian could study heaven as depicted in the bible, and actually want to go there.  The only good thing I could find was the "no tears, no pain" part.  Other than that it sounds downright creepy.  Cryotanknotworthy.gif Cryotanknotworthy.gif Cryotanknotworthy.gif  As an agnostic I fear that it exists and that I'll end up there.  Theres no way I'd be happy there. 

Agnostic?? I thought you believed in the great spirit creator.

• Super Moderator

I want to go to heaven because I was told to want to go to heaven.

Do you always do what you are told?

• Like 2

Guest chrisassaf

YES!!!!!!!!! In my ideal state, that is what would happen, even at the expense of families.

• Super Moderator

YES!!!!!!!!! In my ideal state, that is what would happen, even at the expense of families.

And if I told you to take your child-abuse-justifying ass to another website and never come back here, would you do it?

I'm sure you were.  Religious indoctrination has done you well.

Guest chrisassaf

Have to follow the orders of the authorities.

I'm so glad to hear that you will obey the moderators and the rules here.  So many of our Christian guests won't.

• Like 1

"Isn't there a passage in Revelation or something where the people in heaven are laughing ad the people suffering in hell?"

End3 just skips over the part he can't answer (saints in heaven enjoying watching people suffer in hell) to talk about god's "pure

love". Can anyone find a single example of the "pure love" of god in the Bible? OT or NT? Genocide is not pure love. Even Jesus' supposed healing of a few (very few) people was not pure love. If he had given pure love he would have healed all people from  mental, spiritual and physical maladies, forgiven everybody and done away with hell altogether.  Thai's  unconditional and pure love. Not the cruel "love" of Xtians, telling everybody they are all wrong; only Xtians are right.  bill

Sorry. I double posted. bill

I'm agnostic about Christianity and all formal religions.  I believe in the probability of the great spirit creator with relative certainty.

Has anybody ever read Heaven by Randy Acorn or Heaven is for Real by that little boy?

Another reason to go to heaven would be to meet interesting people. I know for a fact 100% that they are happy. (people like abraham lincoln would be there and I know he is happy)

Also, the bible says that there will be no boredom in heaven. End3

Wrong again, at least according to Xtianity. Lincoln didn't go to heaven because he was not a Xtian,

but a deist.

You know 100% that those in heaven are happy? This is exactly your problem, you don't know the

difference between a fact and what you believe or want to believe. And that difference is critical to

avoid magical thinking. You don't even know that you don't know that there is a heaven. bill

• Like 2

But, if heaven is going to be boring, it would follow that peace on earth would be boring too.

Ever heard of sex?

• Like 1

Guest chrisassaf

Wrong again, at least according to Xtianity. Lincoln didn't go to heaven because he was not a Xtian,

but a deist.

You know 100% that those in heaven are happy?

1.) There is such a thing as a journal. Would a journal lie?

2.) I thought abe lincoln was an xtian.

There is such a thing as a journal. Would a journal lie?

They can't put it in a journal if it isn't true.  I read that in a journal once.

• Like 1

I'm agnostic about Christianity and all formal religions.  I believe in the probability of the great spirit creator with relative certainty.

Has anybody ever read Heaven by Randy Acorn or Heaven is for Real by that little boy?

Randy Alcorn's works are pure tripe. He is the epitome of Calvinist Protestant thinking. 

but a deist.

Plus, he served in army in the Indian Wars. 

Another reason to go to heaven would be to meet interesting people. 

I bet the people in Hell are far more interesting.

• Like 1

Says you.

Why do you have to follow the orders of the authorities?

I bet they are having a lot more sex.

• Like 1

I wonder what sex is like while you're on fire. That sounds pretty kinky. O.o

I think both heaven and hell sound painfully boring.  An eternity of either praising or burning.  *snore*

Honestly, whoever wrote the bible should have put just a tad more thought into those ideas if they wanted to make either one interesting.  It's like they came up with "praise" and "burn" and completely ran out of steam.  Such poor writing.

I wonder what sex is like while you're on fire. That sounds pretty kinky. O.o

Hot

I've thought about that before. Heaven is better than Hell, but still not good, from the sounds of it. We will be absolutely forced (to desire) to worship a god who in no way, shape or form deserves worship or praise except by the fact that he's powerful and craves it. And then that's it. We'll need to either ignore or forget all the horrific things he has done and how horrifyingly terrible of a being he is just to worship him forever because that's what he wants to happen, while meanwhile most of the people he had created and given free will will be burning in unimaginable pain and loneliness forever, all for the glory of god the highest.

So, let's sum this up. He's an all-powerful egotistical murderous maniac that craves worship and adoration, who will endlessly torture anyone who does not worship him (remember that he knew ahead of time who would worship him or not, even while he lovingly created those people) and we will somehow all find absolute joy in worshiping that being forever and ever. Wow. That sounds just great.

• Like 1