Goodbye Jesus

Xtain Kid Music Video: Respect And Obey Authority

SilentLoner

Wendytwitch.gif

As usual, Dusty shines some light:

• Like 1

That vid was worse than Friday.  I didn't think that was possible.  Just when you can't stand the chorus anymore (too long) they come up with a horrible verse.  Each verse is worse that the one before it.  That is four and a half minutes of my life that I won't get back.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeQUlr4Xc3s"

Wendytwitch.gif

it's a fallacy right?

argument from authority

• Like 1

That was ...disturbing... Wendytwitch.gifWendytwitch.gifWendytwitch.gif

These kids are being trained to be droids...wow.

Put on the brown shirt,

Get on your sturm und drang on!

Blitz your way through the lebens,

heil heil heigh he ho heil!

Gott's gift for heretics,

his gift for them is gift indeed,

authority is my authority.

Gott ist Gott, my country right or wrong.

Obey the Authority or

get a righteous dose of sturm und drang

on ya asses!

Heil das Gottfuherer, heil das Welten Reich,

For Amerika, for the world,

obey or else,

we are robota, robots for the world's

The Men of die establishment...

Live or Obey.

• Like 1

Yeah... it's a fallacy, all right. Any authority that can't logically justify WHY it's an authority isn't worthy of respect. Just sayin'.

And these people wonder why Christian arguments fail... It's because you're meticulously brainwashing your children to accept and make bad arguments.

• Like 1

I'm going to go against my instincts and watch the video... If my ears start bleeding, I have only myself to blame.

Update: Meh, my ears aren't bleeding, but I'm thinking of writing a better version just for giggles. Maybe when it's done, I'll post it here for everyone to see. yellow.gif

And when Dusty had the dudes with the creepy smiles in his response video, it would have been more effective to have had one of them dressed as a church pastor or priest.

• Like 1

I'll start respecting authority when they stop acting like jackasses. I hope at least one of those kids wake up someday, we need more people who are willing to stand up to authority figures. Who are willing to speak the uncomfertable truth, there is an interesting Ted talk about the importance of disagreement

http://www.ted.com/talks/margaret_heffernan_dare_to_disagree.html

Yes it is important to show respect to others, not because they are authority figures but because they are human beings. They are no better and no worse than other human being. Just because someone is in a higher position in an organization does not make them or anyone else infaliable.

• Like 2

• Like 3

For anyone that is interested, here is my better version of the kids' song.

Authority

[spoken]

Respect and obey...

Respect and obey...

Hehe, sounds like a sick joke

[/spoken]

Might makes right

Get it through your head

Before you wind up dead

Or else it will be too late

To decide to obey

When you end up burning in flames

You will have only yourself to blame

Respect Authority

Obey Authority

COME ON!

The ones in power know

What's best for you

If you wind up with a noose

Around your little throat

Then you were in the wrong

Never doubt

Because it's not allowed

Never think for yourself

Because it will lead you to a tiny little cell

Respect Authority

Obey Authority

COME ON!

Always respect your parents

Even when they beat you until you bleed

If you turn away it means you hate

Correction and discipline

Respect and obey

The ones in power

GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES

AND KISS THEIR FEET

THEY SAY THEY RECEIVED AUTHORITY

FROM YOUR UNSEEN DEITY

RESPECT AUTHORITY

OBEY AUTHORITY

OR YOU WILL DIE

[spoken]

Respect and obey...

Hehe, what a digusting joke

Respect and obey authority...

Do you people think I'm nuts?

[/spoken]

• Like 1

I couldn't get through it. Nauseating. And I feel really sorry for these kids.

The good thing about YouTube. You can see that the majority don't go along with this stupid shit.

There are some great comments and the thumbs down far outweigh the thumbs up.

It's just a shame that new generations are being born and raised to blindly follow without questioning. (Sadly that was me. I was taught to obey my elders, don't answer back just accept, no questioning, Do as I was told, adults and anyone in authority are right, anyone younger is wrong).

Well I don't know the correct statistics but I would like to think there are more free thinking kids than brainwashed robot ones.

I was raised in the Question Authority generation.  I'm so glad.

Oh, those poor things. I can't even come up with anything snide. It's just too sad. (Hang on....Kidz Bop are actually more talented.)

Was the bit about molesting children necessary?

Was the bit about molesting children necessary?
That's dusty's whole point... That teaching children to blindly respect and obey authority, could easily lead them to respect and obey a Sunday school pedophile for example, or a priest molester. Blindly obeying any adult because of religious guilt, sets the kids up to be taken advantage of.

^^ I see.

It's in my head now. Make it STAHP.

Wow, that was rather vapid. 

We were brought up in my home town to believe the same messages. It's hard to believe that the first person I stood up to was the Christen 'authoritarian' God. I can't believe the rebel in me in my ''mature'' years. How I wish I could teach seminars and guide the young kids of today that if something doesn't feel right, they have full permission to ask a lot of questions and stand up for themselves. 

• Super Moderator

We were brought up in my home town to believe the same messages. It's hard to believe that the first person I stood up to was the Christen 'authoritarian' God. I can't believe the rebel in me in my ''mature'' years. How I wish I could teach seminars and guide the young kids of today that if something doesn't feel right, they have full permission to ask a lot of questions and stand up for themselves. 

I was brought up the same way and it is extremely frustrating for me trying to raise my son.  I have had to unlearn all that blind obedience to authority, and replace it with mutual respect.  Just because I am the parent doesn't automatically give me the right to dictate the terms of the relationship.  I constantly tell him, "question everything, even me."  I hope I am doing it right, but I sometimes wonder how much of the authoritarian still lurks in me. 

Christians are very selective in the authorities that they will respect.  They will blatantly disrespect the US President if he happens to be from the Democratic party.  They openly scorn the US Supreme Court in its pronouncements about abortion & prayer in schools.  They mock the UN General Assembly & Security Counsel.

• Like 1

If you want to be a Borg drone who can't think for yourself, then good for you, Chris.

That describes my ideal state to a tee.

You, sir, are getting to be annoying. Why do you keep talking about your "ideal state" when you should know already that no one cares? What is described above ^^ is not our idea of an ideal state. I agree with what mymistake said in the thread about heaven: you're probably a troll, a narcissist, or both. This would make sense especially since you believe mocking authority is cool, even when Romans 13:1-7 says the opposite.