Goodbye Jesus

I Feel Sorry For Women Who Live With Their Boyfriends

sandiego4me

This has nothing to do with the whole sin thing.  I just feel sorry for women who live with their boyfriends.  95% of the time, these women want to get married but their boyfriends always have an excuse for not getting married.  To all of you ladies who are stuck in this predicament, a real man will dive head first into a marriage for a woman that he loves.  If you have been living with a guy for several years, then he's a turd.  Get rid of him  Why settle for someone who doesn't want to marry you?  Yes, I realize that some women actually start off just wanting to live together, but, as the years pass, very few want to stay in this situation. 

There is a local radio station in San Diego.  Each day, the DJ fields a call from a woman who thinks her boyfriend is cheating on her.  The DJ then calls the boyfriend, pretending that he is a local florist and informs the boyfriend that he has been randomly selected to send a dozen romantic roses to anyone he wants.  99.9% of the time, the boyfriend sends the roses to his lover or new fling, all while his girlfriend sits on the other line, silently listening in.  75% of the time these are live-in boyfriends. Ladies, the fact of the matter is that guys that don't want to get married almost always either have something going on the side, or are keeping their options open.  Why would you want this?  You're better than that.  

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Some people don't want to get married for various reasons. Why tell them what is right for them when you don't know their individual situations?

• Like 5

You do realize that a marriage is merely a legal agreement sanctioned by the state right?  A couple can be equally committed without having to get the piece of paper.  You can even get a ring and have a ceremony and not be "married".

Your "god" doesn't even require a ceremony. 

Often times, it makes more financial sense to not get "legally" married.

As far as your DJ scenario, it is required by law to notify the caller that your calling, why and that you will be on the air.  You have to agree to it.  Not doing so gets you in big trouble with the FCC, so those are probably stunts.

Please provide the citations for your claims, I'd like to review them.

Oh, and christians have a higher divorce rate than some other groups (random statistic for ya, thought it would make the post more legit).

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

From apologist to marriage counselor... well, you're moving up in the world.  Could you get me a Slushie while you're at it?

• Like 9

You know what, Sandiego? If they're both consenting adults, why should it matter to you? Who the hell died and made you boss of the world? We're adults. We don't need validation from you and your ilk. Our lives, our choices. Not your life? Not your choices? Not your business.

BTW, Sandiego, why won't you answer any of the other threads you started? You opened that can of worms, you need to deal with the consequences instead of being a coward and running away. Own it.

• Like 4

Why does anyone even respond to Sandiego4me's posts? Maybe everyone should follow the ways of bdp and put him on "iggy".

This has nothing to do with the whole sin thing.  I just feel sorry for women who live with their boyfriends.  95% of the time, these women want to get married but their boyfriends always have an excuse for not getting married.  To all of you ladies who are stuck in this predicament, a real man will dive head first into a marriage for a woman that he loves.  If you have been living with a guy for several years, then he's a turd.  Get rid of him  Why settle for someone who doesn't want to marry you?  Yes, I realize that some women actually start off just wanting to live together, but, as the years pass, very few want to stay in this situation. 

You are extremely naive.

There is a local radio station in San Diego.  Each day, the DJ fields a call from a woman who thinks her boyfriend is cheating on her.  The DJ then calls the boyfriend, pretending that he is a local florist and informs the boyfriend that he has been randomly selected to send a dozen romantic roses to anyone he wants.  99.9% of the time, the boyfriend sends the roses to his lover or new fling, all while his girlfriend sits on the other line, silently listening in.  75% of the time these are live-in boyfriends. Ladies, the fact of the matter is that guys that don't want to get married almost always either have something going on the side, or are keeping their options open.  Why would you want this?  You're better than that.  

If you believe those radio shows are real then you are also extremely gullible.

• Like 1

I've been married and divorced. After I dumped Whatsisname (A bargain! I only lost $3K in legal fees, half a house, a guitar, a boom box and 26 years of My life), My female best friend and I moved in together. We saw Canada legalize same-sex marriage (and in fact lobbied for it ourselves), and at one point considered getting married.

In the end we didn't marry and had a very amicable split to pursue our respective goals independently. We visit with each other on a regular basis and are still best friends. No need to feel sorry for Me -- Things are fine.

Marriage is grossly overrated.

• Like 5

• Super Moderator

Marriage is about property, period.

To all of you ladies who are stuck in this predicament, a real man will dive head first into ........

Thought it was going together good there for a second!

• Like 2

Why is it that so many Christians are against co-habitation when the Bible clearly allows men to own concubines?  Modern co-habitation is about women being in charge of their own bodies and their own lives.

• Like 5

What made you think it was a good idea to post this?

^^ EXACTLY, my mistake

of course now we are all a bunch of fornicating sinners…because we don't wish to be owned.

sigh

It's not even technically on topic.

Why is it that so many Christians are against co-habitation when the Bible clearly allows men to own concubines?  Modern co-habitation is about women being in charge of their own bodies and their own lives.

That must be why Christians are against it. They don't want women to be in control of their own lives and bodies because it's not Biblical.

I feel sorry for you, Sandiego4me.

• Like 1

My husband and I met and married in 9 months. We lived together for 8, though weren't sexually active due to our Christianity. I wanted to marry him from the beginning. We both did. We've been together for 15 years now, and still madly in love. I really do believe he is my soul mate, and I suspect we may have known each other in another life.

I did what was right for me. As a Christian, I would have agreed that it isn't okay to have premarital sex or live together, mostly because that was the opinion I was TAUGHT to have. Now, as an x-C my attitudes have changed. It's not my business what people do, as long as it isn't hurting someone.

However, I don't believe people should unless they want to make a serious, long-term commitment, whether marriage or something similar, simply because it can really cause serious emotional damage. Sex with a person you know won't leave you is so much better than casual sex.

This isn't about sex though, it's about marriage. (haha  I made a funny!)

I understand some people feel that way… but not everyone has the same view, or experience, on casual and/or premarital/post-marital/non-marital sex.

Sometimes you WANT them to leave.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 2

Right, because all women want to get married and all unmarried men cheat.

What a shit head.

• Like 3

… a lot of us DO NOT WANT to get married. It's not the guy, it's us. ....

Yep!

Why not save your pity for, say, those poor dopes out there who feel sorry for people they don't know based on assumptions that all the people in that group are simply poor abused females who really, really want to marry prince charming.

Grow up. Then come back and post something intelligent. Please. The adults are tired of listening to your childish drivel.

There is a local radio station in San Diego.  Each day, the DJ fields a call from a woman who thinks her boyfriend is cheating on her.  The DJ then calls the boyfriend, pretending that he is a local florist and informs the boyfriend that he has been randomly selected to send a dozen romantic roses to anyone he wants.  99.9% of the time, the boyfriend sends the roses to his lover or new fling, all while his girlfriend sits on the other line, silently listening in.  75% of the time these are live-in boyfriends. Ladies, the fact of the matter is that guys that don't want to get married almost always either have something going on the side, or are keeping their options open.  Why would you want this?  You're better than that

Marriage, well it's 50% successful anyway. :-)