Goodbye Jesus

I Feel Sorry For Women Who Live With Their Boyfriends

sandiego4me

Gotta run for the day.  This has been fun.  Ladies, don't fall for a guy who feeds you crappy reasons why you shouldn't get married. Dump him and find a man who wants to marry you. 

Yep, get married and submit to your husband the way the "good book" says.   Then we will hammer on you how gawd hates divorce.  Sorry at that point women become nothing more than property.   

San, if you don't agree with the above teaching go somewhere and spend your efforts on those that do.

Gotta run for the day.  This has been fun.  Ladies, don't fall for a guy who feeds you crappy reasons why you shouldn't get married. Dump him and find a man who wants to marry you.

Yep, get married and submit to your husband the way the "good book" says.   Then we will hammer on you how gawd hates divorce.  Sorry at that point women become nothing more than property.   

San, if you don't agree with the above teaching go somewhere and spend your efforts on those that do.

I tried that whole Proverbs 31, Fascinating Womanhood 'submission' crap when I was trying to find the 'right kind of Christianity'. It just made my marriage worse. Turned out my husband wanted my HAPPINESS not my OBEDIENCE.

• Like 3

Hey, SD4M, why don't you at least run over to the Lion's Den and leave this section alone? I come here to find inspiration and comfort and advice and wisdom from fellow ex-C's who are having similar experiences to mine. If I want to hear debate-worthy Christian attitudes, I will pop in to the Lion's Den when I'm feeling up for it. In the meantime, please respect this section for what it is intended. Run along. Just show a little respect, please.

• Like 7

Hey, SD4M, why don't you at least run over to the Lion's Den and leave this section alone? I come here to find inspiration and comfort and advice and wisdom from fellow ex-C's who are having similar experiences to mine. If I want to hear debate-worthy Christian attitudes, I will pop in to the Lion's Den when I'm feeling up for it. In the meantime, please respect this section for what it is intended. Run along. Just show a little respect, please.

That's what I'm saying. This forum isn't a place for us to be preached at or judged by religious assholes, it's a place for ex-Christians to vent about their former religion. SD4M, if you want to preach at us or wag your finger in our faces, there are other sections of this site for that. That way those of us who want to avoid your preachy bullshit can do so.

And don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out!

Gotta run for the day. This has been fun. Ladies, don't fall for a guy who feeds you crappy reasons why you shouldn't get married. Dump him and find a man who wants to marry you.

Yep, get married and submit to your husband the way the "good book" says. Then we will hammer on you how gawd hates divorce. Sorry at that point women become nothing more than property.

That's what I'm saying. This forum isn't a place for us to be preached at or judged by religious assholes, it's a place for ex-Christians to vent about their former religion. SD4M, if you want to preach at us or wag your finger in our faces, there are other sections of this site for that. That way those of us who want to avoid your preachy bullshit can do so.

Looks to me like he left. We may not see him for awhile.

Gotta run for the day. This has been fun. Ladies, don't fall for a guy who feeds you crappy reasons why you shouldn't get married. Dump him and find a man who wants to marry you.

Yep, get married and submit to your husband the way the "good book" says. Then we will hammer on you how gawd hates divorce. Sorry at that point women become nothing more than property.

Looks to me like he left. We may not see him for awhile.

We love you Sandiego,,,,,just kidding

• Super Moderator

I could be wrong, but I get the distinct impression that SanDiego is scared shitless of The Lion's Den.  The mods kicked one of his threads down into that forum about a month ago and after that, we didn't see hide nor hair of him until last week.  I've also mentioned to him how disrespectful he is for using this forum for his bible-thumping, but it fell on dear ears.  I think he knows that he'll get eaten alive in The Lion's Den but he still wants to get his "message" out, so he high-jacks this forum and then runs away. 

Question from a newbie here--how often does this sort of thing happen?

We get a new set of Trolls-For-Jesus every month.  Some of them the last.  Most of them don't.

Yay. I'm guessing maybe a new one every 2 weeks or something?

Yay. I'm guessing maybe a new one every 2 weeks or something?

Roughly that often.  They are part of the guaranteed entertainment around here.

Not that often, really. Or at least from what I've seen. I haven't been posting here much longer than a year and a half, but this guy is the worst about preaching in non-preaching areas I've seen so far.

Wonderful. But hey, it's going to happen, I guess. Christianity being what it is, and all...

EDIT: Bendy, the weird thing is, his posts that got upvoted were actually really good, and in them he genuinely seems like he wants to know truth...

To all of you ladies who are stuck in this predicament, a real man will dive head first into a marriage for a woman that he loves.

Bullshit.

Bull-fucking-shit.

Marriage is a man made concept that has nothing to do with human nature, or love for that matter. It's a contractual arrangement that is not the only way to commit to another human being.

• Like 1

Wonderful. But hey, it's going to happen, I guess. Christianity being what it is, and all...

EDIT: Bendy, the weird thing is, his posts that got upvoted were actually really good, and in them he genuinely seems like he wants to know truth...

Yeah, I was a Sandie fan when he first came here.  I think this was his first post/topic and he seemed like he was interested in actual discourse with the members here.

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/59299-vomitously-sick-of-christians/

But then we got this

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/59836-why-was-richard-dawkins-unable-to-explaint-the-origin-of-the-universe/

and this

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/59459-the-question-that-evolutionists-cant-answer/

and other threads with the same bs over and over again.  I was massively disappointed, I thought we were going to be treated to an intelligent person who would be able to participate in honest and reasonable debate.  Instead, we get threads like this one.

His evolution topic was a joke. It would have been funny if it wasn't so sad.

His evolution topic was a joke. It would have been funny if it wasn't so sad.

Link please.

I need something to laugh at rolleyes.gif

That bullshit always annoyed me. It was that one thing that as a Christian I knew the church had completely wrong (that and a few other things).

Yeah, I was a Sandie fan when he first came here.  I think this was his first post/topic and he seemed like he was interested in actual discourse with the members here.

LOL!  I forgot that when SD4M came here he was pushing his book.  Read my book.  It's why I am a Real True Christian and all the other Christians are misguided.

Yeah, his constant plugging was a bit annoying, but the rest of what he was posting at the beginning was usually interesting to read and reply to.

About a month ago, there was one called JordanRiver who claimed Jesus was her heavenly "Husband." She claimed to be in her thirties, but she really sounded more like a pubescent Belieber. I suspect our new friend chrisassaf is a troll, which is his ideal state, I'm sure.

My husband and I were married from the beginning. We GOT married to satisfy family and religion, and I wants marriage because I wanted to be his in any way possible. Was there ever a difference between married and not for us? NO. it never changed our level of commitment, our love for each other, or any other aspect of our life. The only thing it changed was our sex life, since the ONLY reason we weren't having sex was to satisfy some sky-daddy who seemed to be obsessed with our genitalia.

That 'piece of paper' really was just that.

Sorry, but society looks differently upon women who live with their boyfriends as opposed to those who are married.  Just a fact.  You can curse, yell, and do whatever else you feel is necessary, but it's the truth.

Who gives a flying fuck what judgemental dicks like you think? its 2013 mate, most of us make our own choices because we are not children. oh, and not all men are the same by the way. a lot of people now find marriage irrelevant.

• Like 4

LOL!  I forgot that when SD4M came here he was pushing his book.  Read my book.  It's why I am a Real True Christian and all the other Christians are misguided.

Oh, great. I remember that. I forgot it was SD4M. My first post here and he hijacked it for a bit. You all rallied to my defence, but I recall still being a bit upset at the time.