Goodbye Jesus

Is The Grass Greener On The Other Side?

Foxy Methoxy

Apparently crying is not a baby's way of communicating, it is an indication that the baby is evil. And dumping food on the floor, a normal developmental stage in which babies are inclined to play and learning to self feed, is really an indication that they are evil human beings.

Yeah. Sickening.

And apparently,

1) In Chick's mind, the only way to correct children's bad behaviour is to spank them or otherwise use "the rod" on them: violence solves all, right? God gives us proof of this tenet in the WHOLE OT. People are sinning? Let's drown them all. People are homosexuals? Let's burn them all with a rain of fire. (Of course, some christians will at this point jump in and say that this is God's way of correcting our behaviour like a lovely father would do with his children, problem is that "educating" a child and "killing" a child should NOT be synonims).

Of course alternatives like positive reinforcement, good example from the parents, firm but non violent punishments, are not even taken into consideration. Who needs pedagogy if we have Chick here to tell us how we should raise our babies?

2) Every single fucking time he shows a therapist, he is *always* useless, always a charlatan, always someone to laugh at. And of course, given my studies, those therapists always say things that appear NOWHERE in my books and that NO professors at all teach or endorse. As a future psychoterapist, this gross simplification makes me SICK.

THere was another tract, with two even more sickening panels about psychology and psychotherapy: in the first one, there was a group therapy, with people screaming like crazy, hitting each other, hating each other, absolutely non supportive, just spewing hatred and rage on each other and generally ending up feeling even worse than before. In the second one, a woman was at the phone.

"Hello? Could I speak with my therapist?"

"I'm sorry, he went to see HIS therapist!"

Underlying meaning, of course, that therapists are hypocrites and even more fucked up than the people they claim to be able to cure.

...I'd LIKE to believe in hell so much, sometimes. Like now, for instance. I'd like hell to exist and I'd like Chick to end up there for a couple years, or centuries, depending on how much time he needs to realize that he wrote and drew his tracts with shit-scented inks. :vent:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• SkepticOfBible

• txviper

• Foxy Methoxy

Actually, the tract Bad Bob is a better illustration by Chick.

Apparently crying is not a baby's way of communicating, it is an indication that the baby is evil. And dumping food on the floor, a normal developmental stage in which babies are inclined to play and learning to self feed, is really an indication that they are evil human beings.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0021/0021_01.asp

It's that original sin! That's why babies are damned to hell unless baptized if they die. Heh....depending on what sect you belive in that is.

Just looking at those, it's astonishing that anyone would actually read a Chick tract and nod approvingly. Especially if they have children. Anyone who thinks that striking their children is the way to control them is a worthless piece of fucking shit and should have their children taken away from them.

If there's one thing I've learned from reading Paul Manata's psychotic rantings, it's that learning is evil when you're a Christian. Therefore, it's totally consistant for them to assume that a child in the midst of experimentation and learning is being foolish and sinful.

When they get older, they are given blanket time where they are forced to stay within the confines of the blanket and have to play for a certain amount of time at a certain time during the day. At feeding time, the parent is told to swat the baby's hands if they play with their food.

Seems like a good way to teach the child that using your brain and-or exploring and discovering the world around you is something that must be avoided at all costs.

Suppression and discouragement of indipendent thought.

The baby learns to stay inside his blanket's confines, just as the adult will stay inside his bible's confines. Venturing outside means PUNISHMENT! From parents? From God? Same thing.

This is pure evil genius.

The grass is greener where you water it.

:)

usually when the grass is looking greener, it is because it has been well fertilized. :grin:

Because of the loss of many people that I love, it was easier to cope with the loss when I believed that I would see them again. I think that is what I was hanging on to for so long, even when I started to doubt the bible and what it said. However, things changed.

When I first walked away, it was difficult not to believe because it was pounded in my head for so many years and I did not want to accept that I would not see my loved ones again. As I began to reclaim my mind, with time, I was able to escape from the belief of the bible god completely. Now, I would 100% say that it would be more difficult for me to believe than not.

The grass is greener where you water it.

:)

usually when the grass is looking greener, it is because it has been well fertilized. :grin:

Ah, you said it!

It's all the bullshit that makes it so green.

This Jack Chick Classic would make good fertilizer.

I'm afraid that shit would kill all my grass! :woopsie:

Yeah, there's a difference between good fertilizer like bullshit, and bad fertilizer like dog pee.

I thought that tract was a steaming pile of bullshit. Definately stronger smelling than dog pee, imho.