Goodbye Jesus

Why Can Some Christians Be So Judgmental Yet We Are Not Allowed To Say Anything Against Their Beliefs?

AgnosticExChristianTB

I just can't describe how much I am disliking these people. Not all, of course, but so many of them... it's sickening.

The intolerance these people have for those who don't agree with them is disturbing.

If we say anything we don't agree with them they just take it personal and they feel they have been raped or something, but they feel they need to push their garbage into us.

I saw a post on Facebook in which a young man confesses his homosexuality to his parents, since I am blocked from freaking commening on Facebook pages I decided to give my rant here. Some "Christians" continue to judge these people, they have commented so cruelly against him...

How can Christianity have so many followers with the load of B.S. it is actually?

• Super Moderator

I think it's just down to insecurity and fear.  I think on some level, most christians know that their religion has no proof and may not be genuine truth.  Every time someone disagrees, it triggers some subconscious voice that says "See, I've been trying to tell you this all along."  It's not something christians want to hear, especially from their own minds, because it reminds them that one day they are going to die, and what they believed and what they made of their lives will no longer matter or be of any value.  Ultimately, the fear of death is at the heart of every believer.  Disagreeing reveals the insignificance of everything they hold dear; they just aren't willing to accept it.

• Like 5

It is human nature to desire confirmation for our beliefs and to reject challenges. This tendency is so strong that people generally refuse to even process information that challenges their long held beliefs.

Fairness also requires we acknowledge that extremist exist both inside and outside the faith community. Militant atheists are just as difficult to deal with as a religious fundamentalist. A closed mind is a closed mind and it matters not which side of the fence they may reside on.

• Like 3

I have no problem with intolerance, one way or the other. I have zero tolerance for inane theology. Why should I expect them to be tolerant of rationality? 

Intolerance is a great tool that allows us to quickly know who our potential friends are. What I can't stand is when these religious people pretend to be interested in real dialogue but really they are waiting to pounce on you with their preconceived ideas. I'd much rather deal with someone who is simply honest about their incapacity to think.

• Like 1

It has been mentioned many times on EX-C that people are simply brainwashed. I was once this way myself. Now it looks so funny to me. (but sad)

It's called fundamentalist religion!

Ever heard what happens when you try and openly say or print something negative about Islam? 

Be prepared to go into hiding!

I just can't describe how much I am disliking these people. Not all, of course, but so many of them... it's sickening.

The intolerance these people have for those who don't agree with them is disturbing.

If we say anything we don't agree with them they just take it personal and they feel they have been raped or something, but they feel they need to push their garbage into us.

I saw a post on Facebook in which a young man confesses his homosexuality to his parents, since I am blocked from freaking commening on Facebook pages I decided to give my rant here. Some "Christians" continue to judge these people, they have commented so cruelly against him...

How can Christianity have so many followers with the load of B.S. it is actually?

I guess because the average human has the intelligence of a potato.

• Super Moderator

If you place "the average human" in the very center of a bell curve, then you will clearly see that half of the population is actually less intelligent than a potato.

I wonder sometimes how many of the potatoes really believe their own bs religion too.

The problem is that in western culture religion gives people a free pass to say stupid shit.

If someone says that women are idiots and therefore two women are needed to testify as witnesses in court where normally only one man is needed, everyone would call that person a male chauvinist and rightfully so. But slap the "It's my religion" tag on the exact same bullshit, and suddenly that person is given the right to not be criticized. The saddest part is I'm not even exaggerating. This example is exactly what Islamic Sharia practices for female witnesses to a crime... we are supposed to respect it because of the magic word "Religion".

I really hope one day western society realizes that religion shouldn't get to be a shield for hatred.

Christians are so brittle and sensitive about the slightest thing. Constantly outraged. They're supposed to have the Holy Spirit inside them, giving them supernatural calm and peace. Really the doctrine of the Holy spirit was what made me realize Christianity is a bunch of shit. They don't have any supernatural power inside of them, otherwise it would be obvious, if only for their peaceful demeanor and generosity.

• Like 1

This could be an insult to all the potatoes of the world.

Seriously, the only way to respond to these folks is with language they understand. I remind them that the bible says, "Judge not that ye be judged." After that I point out that being judgmental is a form of pride and pride is a sin. Thus they are sinners and need to do some serious repentance.

• Like 1

This could be an insult to all the potatoes of the world.

Seriously, the only way to respond to these folks is with language they understand. I remind them that the bible says, "Judge not that ye be judged." After that I point out that being judgmental is a form of pride and pride is a sin. Thus they are sinners and need to do some serious repentance.

If they start complaining we will turn them into french fries :P

But i agree, using logic and reason when talking to the religious usually feels like talking to a wall.

And using there own delusion against them is probably the most affective on the short term.