Goodbye Jesus

I Was Not Hurt

Purple

Okay every once in a while I go over to the letters part of this forum. Of course I also read this board, and other boards here. Maybe this has been brought up before, I know it has been said to individuals who say these things, but ARGH! I am so SICK and TIRED of reading xians say we left because we we're hurt by people not god. I am SO sick of xians assuming we are all atheists and asking how can we be mad at god if we do nto believe he exists. I have to date never read an atheist say they are angry at god, at the church YES, god??? They do not believe there is such a thing! In short I am sick of xians trying to find a group thoght in all the members here, and slap a neat lable on us. It just boggles the mind, seriously, that with one breath they will tell those that still believe in a god, that it wasn't god that hurt them it was people, then with the other, when atheists come right out and say these PEOPLE make me mad they ask why are you mad at god? ARGH! Then there is the box fitting, they always want to know how "we" think. "I am here to try to understand how all of you could have left, how you think." We are NOT the borg, why I left the church is not the same as why anyone else did, there is no how "we" think. There is how I think, and there is how Nivek thinks which is not the same as how Grinch thinks, and I am sure sometimes others think they are both idiots. Oh and I am sure many people think I am dumb and nuts. (No offence guys you were just the first names that came to mind). I made the mistake once of saying NONE of us left the church because we were hurt, and someone snapped right back up and said they had.

In the letters section there was a letter from a Muslim, they said (totally parapharsing) they stumbled across this site and figured it would be a bunch of people ranting on abuot their hate of religion, but when they actaully read it were pleasently surprised. Yet so so many xians say that is what we are, just a bunch of people ranting about how we hate the church. They assume we have all been hurt, and are all these pathetic wretches moaning outside of the light of God, shaking our fists at him, making excuses for our anger. I say you have coem here with tinted lenses on and are seeing a shade of things no one else does.

So lets get a few things stright shall we? I am not hurt angry or upset in my day to day life. The above was not a rant at God it was a rant at xians or any person that assumes. If you have made generalised statements about the members here this rant is directed at YOU. That is what I think ya'll that make these kinds of statements cannot accept. You cannnot accept that you are painting a rather large group of diverse people with the same brush. You have to make "us" wrong, because you are closed minded and prejudiced. If you actaully read this forum with an open mind, and saw that after the church we still had menaing, hope and love. That many of us are very happy, and truly enjoy our lives your bubble would be burst. Plus you do not want to think that it is YOU, you and you prejudice that make us angry.

Okay rant over

In short I am sick of xians trying to find a group thoght in all the members here, and slap a neat lable on us.

Christians are guilty of group think, so they assume everyone else is also trapped, just in an "anti-god/Jesus/Christian" group think. It's also easier to attack a group with uniform ideas/identifiers than a multitude of individuals holding diverse opinions. (Diversity: the most hated word among conservative Christians!) And I hate lables; I am an individual!

You have to make "us" wrong, because you are closed minded and prejudiced. If you actaully read this forum with an open mind, and saw that after the church we still had menaing, hope and love. That many of us are very happy, and truly enjoy our lives your bubble would be burst. Plus you do not want to think that it is YOU, you and you prejudice that make us angry.

Yup, yup, yup! Plus, if we are labled "wrong", the Christians will be more likely to resist the feelings within themselves that rise up, stirring questions about the system. After all, "sinners" are supposed to be unhappy, loveless, and aching because of that "God-shaped hole" in their souls. We defy the imaginary norm they wish to impose upon us. I say, let's put the Christians on pins and needles, and burst some bubbles!

:thanks: Bravo! I do so LOVE a good rant! (Especially when I receive an honorable mention. :wicked: ) You just need to curse more, and then you'll be in my league. :lmao:

:thanks: Bravo! I do so LOVE a good rant! (Especially when I receive an honorable mention. :wicked: ) You just need to curse more, and then you'll be in my league. :lmao:

LOL Grinch I could never be in your league, I just do not have it in me to curse all that much.

Yup, yup, yup! Plus, if we are labled "wrong", the Christians will be more likely to resist the feelings within themselves that rise up, stirring questions about the system. After all, "sinners" are supposed to be unhappy, loveless, and aching because of that "God-shaped hole" in their souls. We defy the imaginary norm they wish to impose upon us. I say, let's put the Christians on pins and needles, and burst some bubbles!

You know the old adage "Living well is the best revenge." I don't know that I so much want revenge, but it is interesting to have them go fishing for your "hurt" when there is none.

My life is far from perfect, but then I have yet to meet a xian that lives a life free of problems. I do in many many ways have it very good though, and I am happy, loved and far from aching. Gads I am so very very loved. :wub:

You know the old adage "Living well is the best revenge." I don't know that I so much want revenge, but it is interesting to have them go fishing for your "hurt" when there is none.

My life is far from perfect, but then I have yet to meet a xian that lives a life free of problems. I do in many many ways have it very good though, and I am happy, loved and far from aching. Gads I am so very very loved. :wub:

"Fishing for your hurt." Another way of saying creating problems where there ARE NONE. Also known as a "self-fulfilling prophecy."

“The Christian resolution to find the world ugly and bad has made the world ugly and bad.”

..........Friedrich Nietzsche

Christians poke and prod you, trying to TELL you how miserable you MUST be. They refuse to see the joy and satsifaction in the unbeliever's life. They say that they are "surprised" to find us happy without Christ. We MUST be lying, or living in denial, or be blinded by Satan.

Enough of THIS treatment and we DO get angry. At the Christian! But, of course, THEY don't see it that way. We MUST be secretly angry at "God".

No, we're angry at trouble-making Christians who won't take "NO" for a simple answer!

It really bothers me when I encounter "fishing" Christians on this web site. No matter how many times you tell them to fuck off, they won't go away. They're like cockroaches, in a way. Turn on the light, and they scramble for cover. Turn the light off, and they're back.

IN PERSON is a different story. In person, I carry a can of Raid®. (AKA "whoop-ass.")

Do you know how many Christians say stupid shit to me IN PERSON?

NONE. I've got a reputation for having a short fuse and a penchant for mindless violence. People seem to be better able to control their wagging tongues when I'm nearby. Funny how that works out.

Ah, the benefits of being "evil"! :fdevil:

No one ever says anything to me in person. Mostly though, with strangers I think it is the exact opposite, they think I'm one of them. I just look... well... nice. Plus, I tend to have kids with me, people see the nice Mommy and assume, it's weird. Those who know me and are believers well.. I do have "the look" down, and this tone of voice, works well in many many situations from Mormons and JWs at the door, to when someone wants to rip me off. Well, and as for the few that get through, I'm not violent, but I do tend to say the oddest things. Like JWs walking up my walk as I am going out, there were my kids and several neighborhood kids in my front yard, they smile and ask how many are mine I say "All of them, and they are all very good little Satanist and you had better not bring you Christian propaganda here and confuse any of my dear children!" I always expect them to challange me on these things, but they never do, their jaws dropped, and they pratically RAN off my property. At the mall there is a C2K store, a christian store, for the most part you walk by no problem, but sometimes they are outside, they have little girls working like the old freak show barkers trying to get you in the store. One zeroed in on me and my oldest daughter, tried to hand us a paper, I shook my head, it was crowded and I couldn't move past as quickly as I wold have liked, she said hey come on in we're a "really cool" Christian store, I said, Yes, but we are really cool Satanists. I thought the poor kid was going to faint, I think they are used to teenagers saying such things, but not the middle-aged Mom.

Oh and no, I am not a Satanist, and I hope I am not giving Satanists a bad name. I just find it has WAY more shock value then agnostic.

They assume we have all been hurt, and are all these pathetic wretches moaning outside of the light of God, shaking our fists at him, making excuses for our anger.

Nonsense. I hang out with Loki, pointing and laughing at the losers inside the "light of God." And I am very much happy doing it. :68: