Goodbye Jesus

Bizarre Christian Science

Wertbag

I've seen some pretty strange claims made by various people but this latest one is so strange as to be funny:

How do you explain the fossil record not matching a global flood?

This problem is solved by assuming the world was very different then! Hyper evolution was possible.

With hyper evolution, the animals arriving at the Ark, may have been hardly recognizable. As for food, a piece of cake. Trees and plants grew in days, rather than months and years!

Aren't you simply redefining the whole planet and all natural laws?

Kind of. But the whole universe! The laws of physics only came to be as we were left in a physical only universe. Before that, it was a merged one, where the spiritual laws were a part of the equation!

A time that spirits married our women, and had children, and trees grew in days! About a century after the flood was when this change came, leaving us in our present state.

What change is this?

The conditions of a physical only universe, and world. It was also spiritual then, which is why it was so different!

Aren't you implying numerous miracles that aren't in the bible?

No, the whole universe was different, even the light. This is why cosmo dates are totally wrong as well! Fast plant growth, possibly spurred by that different light was normal, no miracle.

Not sure what you guys make of this but its truely bizarre... anyone else heard bizarre scientific theories like this?

elephants were only 3 feet tall back then.

And of course pigs could fly. Gee, didn't you know that? :scratch:

:lmao:

Don't forget about the talking donkeys.

Don't forget about the talking donkeys.

I do believe it was a talking ass, and those aren't so rare anyways. We have them all the time on here.

I do believe it was a talking ass, and those aren't so rare anyways. We have them all the time on here.

Props to ya for that one! :lmao:

Adam was over 100ft tall and the "firmament" refers to a moisture barrier that blocked all the harmful UV rays back then...

I remember one that theorized that since there isn't enough water on earth to make a global flood, oceans must have been shallower and mountains lower! I can only imagine the earthquakes and the tsunamis that would follow the radical tectonic transformation following the flood. I wouldn't want to have been in Noah's shoes.

Christians, especially Catholics are reknown for attempting to stop science from understanding and advancing the human race. From the trails of Galileo, to burning anyone who liked botany, to surpressing contraception, the church has a great track record of holding us back to the dark ages.

The latest example is the Catholics hatred of stem cell research and genetic engineering in general. Doesn't matter that the work on stem cells could potentially cure many diseases such as parkinsons and maybe even heal paralysis due to broken backs, its branded as evil.

I agree that extracting stem cells from a fetus is an ethical question (don't want people aborting to get stem cells) but there are many places to get them from including the ambilical cord which is normally just thrown away. And if a baby is still born or legally aborted wouldn't it make sense to use the body to save other lives? Same as a donor card for organs, the matter being disposed of is of use, why flush it?

the church has a great track record of holding us back to the dark ages

AND trying to keep the world out of it when those times were real in Europe.

And...What's is exactly wrong with the dark ages?