Goodbye Jesus

How Are You Spending New Year's?

Idontevenknow99

Hey, everyone. I haven't seen any post regarding new year's eve/day, so I thought I'd start a thread. What's everybody doing? Are you spending it with friends, family, alone? 

Me, it'll be my first time, in a long time, spending new years totally alone. Every New Year's eve, our church has a service and little countdown going, but this time I'm obviously not participating. I'll be having a glass of wine and some snacks, watch some movies, and that's probably it. Sounds cozy, and right up my introverted alley. What about you? What would you have been doing around this time? 

What you've got planned for tonight sounds like fun to me. I'd rather celebrate a holiday alone than go to a party with lots of people, though I do like to spend time with my family sometimes.

I'm not really doing much of anything to celebrate New Years and I never really have. At the moment, I'm starting a new story. I'm not sure yet where I'm going to go with it just yet, but it starts out with Jesus Christ waking up in the middle of the woods, alone, with no memory of who he is and he has no idea where he is or why he's there.

• Like 1

It's actually been many years since I've gone anywhere on New Year's Eve, other than to pick a family member up from a party and get them safely home.  A lot of this has to do with the sheer coldness of the weather at this time of year. My new tradition is to make pizza (because all the good pizzerias are crazy-busy on December 31), make some chip dip, and have a movie-and-snacks night.

Good idea! Sounds like you guys got it all figured out,,,thanks for the tip, and happy new year

Going to a club with my wife, decked out in 70s attire, listening to a guy who can do just about any 70s smooth rock singer convincingly. We've done this a couple of years now. Fun place.

Drunk.

I might make it a movie night too. I thought about going out for New Years', but the guy I met a few months ago lives a couple towns away, and it wouldn't be real fun going alone.

I'll also be doing my New Years Eve good riddance ritual. I started doing it a few years ago, before I started playing church, and what I do is I write down all the things I regret or things I wish I'd done differently. Then I tear it up and throw it away. New year, clean slate.

drink alone 

my friends and family are far away in my hometown

• Like 2

Wild drunken orgy most likely. And after that, snug in my bed by 9 pm. :-)

• Like 1

drink alone 

It's not drinking alone if you're also on the internet whilst drinking.

Last year we went to Moscow to spend NY with my wife's brother.  The flat was full of kids, grandparents etc.... and my wife got into an argument with our SiL.

This year, no relatives.  I'm going to try and make food-truck Carnitas and homemade guacamole and we're going to watch old holiday classics like Trading Places, Groundhog Day and the original Nutty Professor. 

• Super Moderator

Sleeping.

• Like 1

Alone

Me, I'm spending it alone and getting drunk, beer and whisky. I have problems with grog so I have taught myself to only drink on Xmas, New Year's Eve and my birthday. Somehow if I do that, it works, I can drink on just those three occasions and no more. I don't know why, but it works for me!

Casey

PS: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!woohoo.gif

• Like 1

Party at my house, same as every year.  We started that after we had kids.  It's easier than getting a babysitter and a designated driver.  A few good friends come over, bring their kids.  Some play pool, foosball, or Wii downstairs.  Some drink and talk and stare into the fire upstairs.  Just before midnight we take the champagne bottles outside on the patio for the New Year toast.

If you are stuck in the Knoxville area, you might as well come too. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 2

My zeus, some of these replies are making me jealous!  I've got to work, again, although I like this gig immensely.  I have 2 shows of a group called The Capitol Steps, a political humor comedy troupe.  Perhaps some of you may have seen their act.  They are very funny and pretty even handed IMO.  Im actually looking forward to what they have come up with for this years happenings.  However, it is my 3rd year of doing it and this season especially I have been longing for a "normal" schedule and life.  I must be getting old...

I get out of work early enough, 10:30, but there are a LOT of cops hunting patrolling my area so I just go home and have a few there.

My zeus, some of these replies are making me jealous!  I've got to work, again, although I like this gig immensely.  I have 2 shows of a group called The Capitol Steps, a political humor comedy troupe.  Perhaps some of you may have seen their act.  They are very funny and pretty even handed IMO.  Im actually looking forward to what they have come up with for this years happenings.  However, it is my 3rd year of doing it and this season especially I have been longing for a "normal" schedule and life.  I must be getting old...

I get out of work early enough, 10:30, but there are a LOT of cops hunting patrolling my area so I just go home and have a few there.

Oh, the Capitol Steps are great! But yeah ... work is work.

For me ... a quiet night, reviewing resolutions and thinking about how to carry them out. Glass of my favorite wine from my favorite winery, perhaps accompanied by a little herbal enhancement.

But I like milesaway's good riddance ritual, too! Great idea.

drink alone

It's not drinking alone if you're also on the internet whilst drinking.

Well I rarely hit internet or phone when I got drunk

To prevent any problem or shame due to my stupidity lol

Anyway, for people on the other part of the world who already celebrate: happy new hell

Eh I mean happy new year

Wow. A lot of folks alone. Sorry to hear that, but it's understandable. I was a couple years ago.

This year I'm going to be with a lot of friends at someone's house and we will be playing games, drinking, and generally goofing off. Kids and adults, including my little guy!  Really a great night.

BTW: Love the Capital Steps. Saw them last year. Hilarious.

Don't have any plans for the daytime, but I know where I'll be at the stroke of midnight: safely indoors.

Yes, I live in the USA, where many people's idea of celebration is to discharge semiautomatic weapons in all directions.

I'll be spending the day with my parents and brother. If past history is a guide, we might have a visit from another brother and a family friend. There will be long-distance phone calls.

I have family visiting from Alaska. Second time we get to spend New Year's together in years.